1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You ReDress Often...or Leave Them Alone?

Nov 26, 2009

1. Depends on the doll/character. My Unoa boy's wigs change every so often but everyone else just stay the same usually.

As for clothes...it reeeally depends on what's going on in my life. Since it's been so busy lately due to applying for colleges and what not...they've been in the same clothes for a while. If I'm really bored, I might change their clothes, but they all stay in character...and clothed.

2. My dolls never change their wigs or eyes - for me, my dolls are specific characters that have one hair and eye colour that is "theirs", so that always stays the same.
      As for their clothes, it depends on how busy I am. If I'm not busy, I'll change them about once a week, maybe more if I've sewn something new or have a specific outfit for a photoshoot in mind. But when I am busy, they can go a month or more in the same outfit. Right now I'm all caught up in finals before Christmas break, so they've been in the same outfit for a while. I don't really mind, I love all their outfits, so I don't mind seeing the same one out for a while. However I do love dressing them, so I can't wait until break when I can dress and undress them all I want! :)

3. I don't change eyes or wigs very often except for a bit of fun, but their outfits I don't mind changing whenever I feel like it.
      The characters of my two MSD boys are not entirely dependent on what they wear. They're runaway boys who wear whatever they can find and/or steal, so as long as the clothes they're wearing fits their "style" (D likes things with skulls and whatever makes him look badass, Ely wears what he thinks is cute or what he can steal from D) I can put them in whatever I want. I change their outfits around every so often.
      My big boy is more of a challenge since he has very little clothes, and what he does have needs to reflect his character more than the little ones. So he usually sits in one outfit all the time. But I'm slowly starting to build his wardrobe. Once he has enough outfits to switch around and mix-n-match, then he'll be changed every so often as well.
      I get bored seeing them the same all the time, so changing their poses and outfits helps to keep it fun ;)

4. I dress them whenever I feel like sewing them new clothes. so fairly often, like every month or so?

5. I love to change their outfits but it's VERY tiring to redress 6 boys in the same day. Plus they all have their own style and some of them are very picky so not 'anything' will do. I spend more money on clothes for them than on anything else (including myself!) due to that reason, but it's worth my time and money spent because I enjoy it :)

I usually spend one day with my MSDs and another one with my SDs...I only have them all together when I want to take a group or family picture (which is not often) and I redress them every time I play with them (ie. photoshoots) which is 2 or 3 times per month:sweat (hey, I work and study!)

6. i like to change them once in a while ^^

7. I usually make outfits for them and re-dress them based on a theme--like Renaissance costumes, fall/college, winter/Christmas, etc.

8. My dolls all have their own characters - but that doesn't mean they don't change clothes - Do you stop being you and start being someone else whenever you change your clothes?

I'm guessing not.

Apart from one pair of twins, all of my dolls remain who they are no matter the outfit they wear - If one of them wears a specific costume, for example, they are the same character who just happens to be dressed-up-as/playing-the-role-of the costumed character....and the twins that do change character are more governed in those changes by which style of ears they have on than what clothes they are wearing.

Teddy

9. So the questions are: How long do YOU usually keep your dolls in a specific character or outfit?
      Shriara,my smallest tiny,has the largest wardrobe (15 + dresses, some with matching hats) and she changes clothes eveyday-twice a day-she changes into her nightgown for bed. All of her clothing fits her character. I just got 2 new patternbooks for her-I am working on 1820-1825.

Do you dress in a character or favorite outfit and leave them alone...next to forever? or.. Nope, it is too much fun to make them new clothes.
      Do you change outfits OFTEN, but at the same time retaining the character? (keeping within the 'persona' you have chosen for your doll when selecting new outfits) My dolls retain their character no matter what they are wearing. Currently, I only have two dolls who ever wear normal, modern clothing-sometimes. The others wear various historical or fantasy outfits-depending on who they are.
      Or does it even matter ~ and you just change characters/clothing randomly to suit your mood? The characters stay the same-but I choose who I am sewing for by mood since they each wear such different styles. (it also helps that 3 of the 7 are the same size)

10. Mine don't really change, but that's mostly because they have few clothes. XD I do always keep them in a white dress or clothing anyway when they are in their boxes because I'm paranoid about fabric dye staining them over time or something. >.>

11. Mine Usually stay in the same outfits. I'm working on getting more clothes for them because I'm getting tired of looking at them in the sam outfit all the time. But it's really hard to find cute clothes for male Super Gems.

12. So the questions are: How long do YOU usually keep your dolls in a specific character or outfit?
      I keep Elli in her outfit depending on what I think looks cute on her that day. I only have a few articles of clothing for her so that also limits what I can put her into. But I'm ordering stuff for her soon, so that should change.

Do you dress in a character or favorite outfit and leave them alone...next to forever? or..
      Nope. I like to changer her outfits up a bit, even if she looks cute in the one she is in.

Do you change outfits OFTEN, but at the same time retaining the character? (keeping within the 'persona' you have chosen for your doll when selecting new outfits)
      Yep. Despite her outfits changing Elli's personality never changes. I came up with a set personality for her and I intend to keep that personality for her, no matter how much her looks change.

Or does it even matter ~ and you just change characters/clothing randomly to suit your mood?
      Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Would it be bad if I said the answer to this depends on my mood? >.>

13. My two elves only have one outfit each and they will forever stay in that outfit. My other dolls have multiple outfits that stylistically the same in order to preserve their characters.

14. i really dont changed often do the fact that i dont have many clothing and also because my dolls are all the same character so theyre versions allready dressed different... without having to changed that often

15. Really depends on the doll I'd say. Matt, once his stuff arrives is gonna wear different outfits depending on my mood .. his mood (lol) or photoshoots. Eaon though .. Not so much, I guess. I have about 3 different outfits in mind for him. And some things I wanna sew when I get home but that's about it.

In general though I just like to play a little dress up with them once in a while D:

16. Depending on how much "get up and go I've got", will depend on how often I change their warerobe. Sometime it's once a day, but more likely it's once a week. If we are going to a doll meet however, then I try to put them into something that they haven't worn in a while or something totally new, but I usually wait till the day of the meet if not a few hours before we leave. As for wigs no they keep their own wig and it doesn't get changed out. Unless there is a cosplay costume and the wig style is significant to the character they are cosplaying as. But once I change the cosplay costume then the wig (hair style) goes back to the way it was.

- ShadowHawke -

17. It depends on the character. Generally, I redress them before photographing, but other than that it's really up to my mood.

18. I probably change my dolls' clothes around once a month, I try to switch their outfits every time I go to a doll meet, or for a new photoshoot. But I always keep them "in character"

19. I tend to leave them alone, once they have the right look. I like the *idea* of having lots of little outfits and things, but I rarely do this! I guess I'm too much of an old-school-doll-collector type, the clothes become part of who they are to me. And at least one of my dolls sits around naked. It's not because of her character, however... I think it's because I've not yet found an outfit I prefer to her body sculpt. That is sometimes a problem for me.

Raven

20. My dolls don't change outfit very often. My MSD F-16 has been in the same outfit for almost 2 years (I did change briefly a few times for photos but other than that). My Toppi has many clothes but hardly changes either.

I think my SD sized dolls have changed outfits every month or two. It really just depends on when I get new clothes for them (which isn't too often!).