1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You ReDress Often...or Leave Them Alone?

Nov 26, 2009

1. The wig usually stays but I love to change their clothes. I try and dress them according to the season, holidays etc etc. At the moment all my dolls are dressed for Christmas!

2. I change my boy's clothes every night XD He needs to be wearing his pajamas to bed or he gets mad and can't sleep! He's very perticular about that, haha. And currently I only have one outfit made for him, but I already have about 7 other outfits in mind. (I've had him for less than a month lol... he's going to have a VERY large wardrobe once he's a full year old ^-^)

As for eyes and wigs, they're going to stay the same once his *real* wig comes.

I can't see his personality changing too much from the clothes I make him... I try and base my designs around his personality, not the other way around. :)

3. my doll get changed often because I sew for her,so I like so much to manipulate her,and create new caractere ,romantic, moderne ect...idem for other of my dolls.

4. Some remain in their stock clothes, while others get redressed pretty frequently it depends on how much clothes for that size of doll ^^;

5. I try to change them randomly....
      Sometimes my dolls wear the same clothes for weeks or months.

6. With the exception of a goddess character who changes appearance on whims that I'm planning in the future, my dolls always keep the same wigs and eyes. I buy the wigs and eyes so that they look like the character they are portraying, so there's no need to change them; it would feel weird.
      As for clothes, I change them... Probably every other week or so. I try to buy clothes that the character would wear and have them wear that, but I don't have much in the way of clothes, so they sometimes end up wearing something that the character probably wouldn't wear @__@ But what can you do?

7. All my dolls are models for my bjd sewing. When they're not modelling they're packed away in their storage boxes dressed only in their undies. I'm more likely to change their eyes than to redress them.

8. I do not redress my dolls often..i like them to have the same wig and eyes...for the dress..maybe twice a month,for me to redress them..sometimes dressing can really get frastruting..

9. it depends ... i redress one or two dolls a week and cycle through. sometimes i go on a TEAR and redress a lot of them or one doll every couple of days ... sometimes a doll will stay in the same outfit for more than a month if i really like it.

10. I don't know about wigs or eyes (my boy only has one wig and one pair of eyes) but I'm sure even if he had more, I wouldn't change his eyes out, and if I did, the other pair would be there to stay XD
      His wig, I'd probably change because I'm constantly putting weird highlights and stuff in it XDDD trying to make it look different, and yeah, his clothes change constantly, though he only has 3 outfits :) He has pajamas, his fullset, and an outfit I handmade him :D And he's always switching in and out of them ^^

11. My dolls can spend weeks in the same clothes, and one day they will have to try many many clothes xD So for me it depends.

12. I'm one of those who redresses them randomly, as it suits my mood. I try to have them in different outfits for each photostory, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Sometimes they'll be in the same outfit for months, sometimes only a few days. But, of course, they always dress to match their own particular style. .^_^

13. It varies from doll to doll. Some guys are picky, and some will wear anything for a laugh. Some guys are fashion-butterflies and demand constant change of clothes, eyes, hair, shoes & accessories - but others like to live in the same outfit for 18 months at a time. Kinda just like real guys. :whee:

At least this keeps the "division of labor" clear. When I am in the mood to play around with new looks, I don't bother the dolls with the aura of Leave Me Alone; there are certain "go to" dolls for dressup. My Shiro, my Genji, my tan Soo Ri & my Tony are all on the trashy-glam side, so I love to frequently rearrange their bits of pleather and rubber and buckles and mesh and killer boots, and redecorate them with different configurations of junk jewelry. <3 But my SchoolHead A has been wearing his pristine Darke Homme Fer outfit ever since it arrived, and shows no signs of wanting to take it off until mid-2011 or so.

14. Right now, I have a very limited closet for my doll. But I'm saving up to get her more clothes! I think I'll keep her in the same outfit for a long time. Though there's this once dress that looks really fancy/intricate. I might switch that out when I put her to bed.. Or I might actually keep her on display through the night. Not sure. But yes, she'd probably stay in the same outfit for weeks

15. It depends on the doll, how many clothes I have that fit them and my moods. My dolls are all original characters so there isn't much limit to how often they can change. They have a set style, but plenty of clothes fit in that style. Sometimes I just feel like playing with a particular doll (or doing pictures) and pull them out and change them. Other dolls change with the season or for a particular meet up. But I have been known to leave a doll in one outfit for quite a while if they just don't have many other clothes or I'm just not in the mood to change them (aka dig through the clothes box of doom looking for another outfit). A few of my dolls are limited because they are hard to buy clothes for, either because of their style or because their size is hard to buy for. But I like to have at least two outfits per doll so they can change. I would get bored wearing the same thing every day and I get bored looking at my poor dollies dressed the same all of the time. One of my dolly resolutions for this year was to focus on buying new clothes for them rather than new friends LOL. Lets see if I can stick to that. My Jr.Delf seriously needs some more outfits.

I don't change their wigs and eyes. After I find the right pair of eyes and the correct wig for the character I stick with it. That sometimes takes a while though. My dz yuu lived here for over a year before finally getting the correct wig and eyes. I could just never find the right ones.

16. I usually change my dolls' clothes depending on the season or if I get new ones. I don't have very many clothes for my tiny so she keeps the same thing on for a while most of the time. My puki on the other hand has a ton of clothes so I picked a few that looked best and I change them every week or so. I'm awful about eyes and wigs, I change them all the time xD The wigs always stay the same color but I like to buy different styles or materials. I just go crazy with eyes most of the time, I like to pretend that they're like contacts for people. People can have a different eye color every week, why not dolls? I think it all just depends on your own opinion. If you find one particular outfit or style you really like, there's nothing wrong with leaving your doll in it for a good long while. Also, If you want to change them every day or something, that's your choice too. It's whatever makes you happy :)

17. I redress them when I/they get tired of the clothes they're wearing
      Or sometimes, I just add a little detail, like a different hat or scarf and leave them be ^^~

18. When they get new stuff, when I take them to meet up, pic stories, and when they go on vacations with me. Longest is maybe a month between changes.

19. I don't have enough clothes for my MSD to change very often... but if I did I would change her clothes often!

20. Generally, no.
      For one of my dolls it comes down to the pure hassle of re-dressing her, since she's wearing a skintight PVC outfit right now with knee-high PVC platform boots, and getting her IN the outfit was hard enough. I've also had dolls where it was an issue of character and having them in another outfit simply wasn't "in character". And sometimes it's because their outfit is too expensive to change, I just dropped $130 on a Dollheart dress for my I-Ra and as soon as it gets here she will NOT be getting out of it anytime soon, I want to get my money's worth in use out of that dress. :sweat

And sometimes a doll just looks too good in a particular outfit to change.I don't have many doll clothes anyways, and none of my current dolls wear casual dress (jeans, t-shirts/blouses, etc) so I can't really mix-and-match.

I don't mind though, I tend to make an effort to find the PERFECT clothes for each of my dolls to be their "main" outfits that they spend 99% of their time wearing.