1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You ReDress Often...or Leave Them Alone?

Nov 26, 2009

1. My ladies have their stable character and style.
      So the eyes and face-up keeps a long time.Also does the wig color^^
      But I feel happy in changing the outfits and wigs for them to find a "better one".
      The outfits have different design but same style---sexy . Hoho.
      They are just like real female in my heart -w-

2. i don't change my doll's clothing very often. :( i'm actually one of those people who really likes to change it up, but with my limited amount of clothing, that usually can't happen. though i did manage to throw together a whole new outfit with the clothing i have already! layered stuff and BAM! everything suddenly looked like new.

but i never change the wig unless it was for some special event. then again, i only have one really nice wig for him, so. not many options in that department haha.

3. Sometimes I change them, more often I don't. Usually they have a main outfit (the one that fit the look I had in mind for the doll originally) and they usually end up getting changed back into it because it suits them best. The ones who wear black get changed out of it often, (love black, but not stains so the black clothing is not on the dolls for extended periods, they get put away in something else )

4. I always change my doll dress.I'm so happy when looking at my kids in different style.

5. Once they find an outfit I like I don't tend to change it...my guys very much live in their clothes for months at a time. Just aswell for my money stash really, since they tend to be dressed in the pricier range of clothing!

6. So cool to see all of your input. I am finding that most of you keep the eyes and hair/wig the same and change the outfits IF you feel like it or it suits the character you have created for them.
      I have found that to be true for a couple of mine ~ the ones that I hadn't decided on yet. It's really amazing how their characters evolve!
      My Gunther (DIM Jullis) is set. Eyes and hair will remain the same and his style will remain the same even if he gets new duds. But, I am really LOVING him the way he is right now. (he's so cool.)

And my Volks girls are finding their voices, too. But, I can see that my love of clothes will not be lost on them! They LOVE to dress and dress well! For sure, I will NEVER be bored with them...I might get to live vicariously thru them with fashions I wouldn't dare to wear! :lol: (yeah...and some I would!)
      I have chosen one to be my Mini-Me. Now THAT should be fun!:chocoberry

Keep up all your comments! I'm enjoying them ALL!

7. I change their outfits rather often. Usually once a week, sometimes twice a week depending on my mood and how happy I am with their look. :lol:
      I also find myself change their wigs really often too, usually I will match their wigs with the outfit I dress them in.
      As for eyes, I don't really bother to change them. :sweat

8. I try to do so about once a month, but they can be left in things for months at a time.

9. Alchemy came bald, in nuthin' but his skivvies :lol: so his clothes changed until I figured out what I felt suited him best - in his case poet's shirt and such, with long black boots I made myself. :)

I was actually intrigued with Shian - an ED Yumi special, she had a beautiful outfit with lovely bits and pieces. I was nervous about changing her up, but once I started that lovely red satin dress stayed in it's box. I make her things on a regular basis - she is always sparking new ideas. But then I am an avid artist and sewer. I suppose it's about what suits you.:daisy

10. If I could, I would definitely probably redress my doll nearly daily... sadly, I don't have the money to buy him clothing or the time/skills to sew him anything. It's really saddening. I hope to spend a lot of time in the summer figuring some way out to better provide for my dolls~

11. right now Aiden is in pajamas and i dont change him until i bring him somewhere....

12. well Rusty doesnt wear clothes cause he's a cyborg, heavy on the robot side. Fritzi pretty much stays in the same dress all the time cause its perfect for her...her wig may change some day if i ever come across the right one. And Gerty is currently clothe-less and is undergoing mods, and she probably will be clothed in fur or maybe white veils, I havent decided yet, but she isnt human either, so changing clothes wont really be an option for her. as far as her wig, what she has now probably wont be what she wears forever, its more a temp-wig.

13. I always give them different things to wear (I try very hard to never repeat any outfits) Mix and match really helps on that. It's part of the fun to see what you can come up with each time :sweat:sweat

14. Mm...I think that it depends on the doll? For me, I prefer my men--and thus, I foresee dressing my male dolls--in specific types of clothes, probably for long periods of time. Mostly suits and plainer, somewhat elegant, but simple clothes. For girls, on the other hand, I might change their clothes much more often.

15. My dolls are all set characters, so for a start their eyes and hair are fixed anyway. It depends how many outfits each have. My two puki both have two outfits each so I occasionally rotate between the two, but some like my bobobie cookie only have one so he stays in them all the time.

16. My dolls are all set characters, so wigs and eyes don't change.

As far as clothes are concerned, I change their clothes basically for the changing seasons.
      Like now, with winter, my crew is dressed in sweaters and warm-type clothing. I love nice coats and mufflers for fall and winter. When spring and summer come around, I start changing their clothes to lighter wear for the warmer weather. I have a lot of dolls, so changing their clothes two or three times a year is good for me. (Unless, Im doing a photostory, then the troupe will get various wardrobe changes.)

Now, the vampires in the house, I never change them out of their black leather and lace. They really don't want to be bothered.

17. They all have several outfits, many that have bits that can be interchanged in many fun ways.
      However, I find that they tend to have at least one FAVORITE outfit.

18. I don't change wigs, eyes, or faceup unless I really found one that "fit" their characters more seamlessly...but so far, I'm perfectly content with their current image. As for clothing, it depends on my mood :sweat ...I probably change them about once every few weeks or so. Usually, if I'm happy with how they look in their current outfit, I don't feel like changing it.

-M

19. I tend to leave them in the same outfit for quite a long time. It's just a hassle picking out new clothes and then fighting to get those stiff, unruly arms and legs into clothing. They all tend to have the same style...or lack thereof, because I don't have any fashion sense, so their "personalities" remain unchanged despite clothing. Wigs and eyes never change, those are sort of "set" into their characters, plus I have a hard time finding wigs and eyes I really, really like.

20. I dressed my dolls and leave them for a while or until I get inspired to change into something new, the eys, the wigs, the clothes, it almost makes a different doll