1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. I don't like the idea :/ first I'm always moving during the night. And second... dolls are fragile pieces of art. It'd be like sleeping with a sculpture to me, or any other object in fact. The'yre not plushies nor real humans, so a bed i'snt a place for them. Of course this is only my point of view :)

#181 dollulaby, Apr 3, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    2. I think is better to not sleep with any dolls, but to sleep with doll is like an old childlike feeling... surely is better not but if one sleeped with stuffed animals or toys is more natural also sleep with dolls. But we have to understand better why we need to sleep with doll? And is not safe for dolls itself. Sometimes I did it, but I sleep with doll next a cushion, but when I'm almost fall asleep, I prefer to keep the doll away on a table again. After all when I sleep I can see the doll anymore..

3. I also wouldn't sleep with my doll since this would only mess up her hair and possible stain her? But I enjoy having her sitting close to my bed so I can admire her from afar before falling asleep:whee:

4. I do sleep with them but not any more because I'm scared of me throwing it on the ground or other damage it happens when I felt asleep.

5. I wouldn’t sleep with my doll, im scared that i will crush them .
      And i will feel super guilty if i broke any of their parts.

6. After I got out of the hospital recently, I slept with my Volks F-16 sitting among my stuffed animals on the opposite side of the bed. Just for comfort reasons - it’s not something I’d normally do or even want to do. I don’t move a whole lot while I sleep so I wasn’t too concerned about accidentally damaging him or anything, since he was all the way across the bed. I definitely wouldn’t actually cuddle with a doll while I sleep though, I’d be too scared something would happen to them and don’t think that’d be very comfortable anyway!

7. Yea, I do.

My dear Alex has his own little space on the bed next to my pillow complete with his own quilt and blanket. Not sure how it started, I think I missed him a lot after I had been displaced from the house during a remodel, (kitchen and bathroom at the same time!) Didn't bother to take him with me because I was told it was only gonna be a couple of weeks.

Nearly 2 months later I was finally home and I stuck him on the pillow next to me. He's been there ever since.

8. I used to. I've gotten so many plush though that I was starting to lose him in the mass of fluff on my bed. He has his own special shelf now and I sleep ON the plushes, lol. xD I was getting worried about him falling down into the space between the bed and the wall too.

9. No. Once I tried it. Very uncomfortable. All the time I was afraid to push my doll to the floor.

10. I wouldn't sleep with my dolls, but I always sleep with a Pokémon plush.

11. I almost did this weekend because my husband was at PAX so I had extra room in the bed! Lolol but I got too nervous to break him and I thought I might wake up and startle myself because I wasn't used to seeing him there lolol

12. I thought about it, but she would totally get messed up, or atleast wake up with bed head lol. My teddy bear would get jealous :)

13. I haven't and I won't. I tend to sleepwalk so I'd be afraid of what might happen to the doll(s). I do have my larger two dolls closer to where I sleep but only because they won't fit on the shelf with rest.

14. Very occasionally I'll sleep with either of my boys. While I turn a lot, my bed has plenty of room so I don't have to worry much about him falling off. Typically I sleep with my dogs (both husky) so I'm used to hugging one of them while I sleep, so if they aren't sleeping with me it's nice to grab onto something :')

15. I do not think it is weird! I have my favorite doll sitting on my desk so they watch me sleep and they are the first thing I see when I wake up. Hahaha. It sounds creepy but I love them so much and they put me in a good mood when I wake.

16. I know people that sleep with their dolls, and I also want to do that. But I'm sure my weight will 100% break my doll, so I choose not to do that.

17. I have a headboard with a large shelf and my doll Morty had to occupy it because I didn't really have space elsewhere. I sort of see him as my bed buddy now. XD He is safe on the shelf on the side opposite of where I sleep.

18. Sometimes I put My dolls on My bed. Is that sleep with dolls?

19. Well dolls are not soft as plushes and have very delicate parts, so for sure, I will not do it.
      Looks like a bad idea for me :P

20. no it isnt wierd! its just that i wouldn't cuddle them due to how fragile they can get, especially with their eyelashes :( they always drop so easily