1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. I keep my doll's carrying cases on my bed with me, mostly because I suffer from chronic fatigue and may get the urge to craft for them or draw them and not feel like getting up to get them. I also have an off-topic bjd who's made of a sturdier material than resin and he hangs out with me on the bed constantly, tucked in with my stuffed animals so he's far enough away that he doesn't get hurt (or that I don't get hurt, he has pointy ears, lol). So, I don't think it's odd at all!

2. I have a queen size bed and as of recently, I’ve been sleeping with the newest doll I bought secondhand from someone.
      I feel super attached to her! I lay her on the other side of the bed, so I don’t roll over her or anything.
      If I have her sprayed with coats of MSC as well as wearing clothing, could she still get damaged by oils like someone mentioned in the posts above? Now I’m worried!

3. Back when I was in middle school, I went to an oversea school trip with one of the upper class, she was around 3-4 years older than me. She took one of her bjd to the trip and slept with her doll every single night. She took care of her doll better than anything.

Me and the rest of the students, who had no idea what bjd was at that time, didn't feel anything negative toward her act at all.
      The sleeping room had one extra pillow and we all agreed to let her use it for her doll. My middle school self thought it was really amazing and respectable for someone to wholeheartedly treat something with such care.

I bet everyone's dolls would be happy to be able to stay close to their owner outside of photo shooting time : )

4. I would sleep with my dollies but i dont want to mess up their wigs ><

5. My dolls sleep on the other side of my full size bed, I've never had any issues, and it's four of them. XD It's very comforting for me to have them close :)

6. I don't think it's weird, but I don't think I would me or my cat could damage the doll and it's not my kinda of thing too .

7. Can't say I've done that before. Although I have thought about it when I first got my doll. I have a tendency to bring stuffed animals into bed and use them as pillows or cuddle them, of course I'd never do that with a doll though.

8. I always read a book in bed before I can go to sleep, and many a time, I've had a BJD companion sat with me, but they get put back in a safe place before I put the light out. I don't think it's weird, but I'm afraid of them getting damaged.

9. Closest I've gotten is I think I had a doll sitting on the pillow next to me once while I was on my laptop and then I fell asleep on my laptop.

My dolls are all currently homed on the book case at the foot of my bed, so they're one of the first things I see when I wake up. Mixed feelings about it, to be honest! There's just nowhere else that book case will fit, and nowhere else the dolls will fit. I need to get my butt in gear and make the cabinet doors for it so I can close it when I want some "privacy", aka, not tiny resin people staring at me while I'm trying to sleep. :eek:

I have a habit though of when I'm sick and in bed, I'll grab a doll and just set them on the bed next to me or on my lap so I feel a little less alone in my suffering while I watch videos on my laptop or something. It's oddly comforting, and sometimes a nice distraction to play with/pose them since if I'm really sick I can't do much else.

10. I have a twin bed and sleep with most of my cats, so there's literally no room for dolls. No sure I'd want them in the bed anyway as they are not particularly cuddly and also would likely be inadvertently kicked out in the middle of the night.

11. I would probably knock my dolls off the bed even if they were on the other side of it ;w;

12. I would never trust something breakable in my bed. I toss and turn like crazy and it isn't unusual for half my bed to end up on the floor by morning. Even my pets are smart enough to know not to try and climb up in my bed when I'm sleeping.

13. I wouldn't even consider sleeping with a doll in my bed, but this thread is reassuring. The fact that some people would makes me feel less weird for having a really strong urge to hug a doll when I get one that isn't a tiny. They just have a comforting look to them... shaped like a friend and etcetera

14. I don't intentionally sleep with my doll in my bed. My minifee usually sits in bed with me while I'm on the computer and whatnot, and I usually end up falling asleep for a bit.

15. When I got my first bjd, he slept in his box ( I even made him a little eyemask so he wouldn't stare at me in my sleep). He was next to me on my bed surrounded by other pillows so I wouldn't roll on him. My partner just put their two dolls in a mini bed and put it on our bed last night. I don't see it as strange, just like sleeping with a stuffed animal, just as long as you take precautions!

16. My little girl has her own room and a very comfy bed of her own. She sleeps there, right in front of my bed. I love her so much!

17. i have a tiny dearpet and i've definitely accidentally napped with him propped up by my laptop while i was in bed doing work, but i try to avoid doing it! he's so small that i worry about toppling! it's definitely a cute sight to wake up to though ... although, when i first got him, there was no way that i could sleep with that resin smell so close to my face haha.

18. I don't think it's weird at all but I'd never do it! Heck I wash my hands before I handle a doll, every single time. The only resin I can leave unprotected (like on a shelf for more than a few hours) is my LTF Chloe- the rest are in drawers, covered by their stock pillows. I'm super anal about my dolls and I have a dog so I definitely wouldn't leave one in my bed!

19. i don't want to squash them in my sleep... so no. but i don't find it weird though...

20. Wa...wait! You’re super what?