1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. From Wikipedia;
      The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), often abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that it becomes an obsession and may be an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person

It's a pretty common phrasing lol! :lol:

2. LOL thanks for enlightening me, I had no clue of this expression :lol:

3. There's nothing that weird about it. I used to sleep with mine before I got a loft bed. Now I'm too nervous that someone would fall out, as I've had a couple of stuffed animals do.

4. No, he's somewhere far, not on the bed. I'm not a steady sleeper so he'll get wrecked if he's beside me!

5. Cool. My doll don't sleep together with me though.
      I'm very very afraid that she may be attacked by me at night, but I sleep with my plushie that won't easily hurt by me.

6. I don't move around a lot per say, but I know that all it would take is one flop to crush the poor dears. Thus, they stay on my desk right across from where I sleep. All I have to do is raise my head to check up on them. I don't find it weird for others to do it though. People sleep with all kinds of things. Dolls are by far not the weirdest thing on that list.

7. I'm too afraid I'd damage my dolls if they were in the bed. I flail around a lot at night and I tend to be very jumpy. I'm afraid that I might think someone had broken into the house and attack my dolls by accident. Besides, my cat is very jealous. The last time I brought a Japanese mannequin-like doll into my room, he knocked it off my dresser on purpose every time it was bedtime.

8. No, I don't, but my dolls are on shelves right next to my bed. So they're close, and in view, but not in my bed.

9. My MSD sleeps beside me every night. I don't think I'm weird.

10. I wouldn't suggest doing it regularly because of the chances for damage, but I have had dolls on my bed and fallen asleep. I don't move so much so it didn't make a difference. Right now most of my dolls stay out on display and some of them might be near or next to my bed, but not in it.

11. I have a really big bed all for myself and I fact one of my dolls shared it with me quite a few times... but I am thinking about making them a bed-like place to stay on the shelf over my bed (hopefully they don't decide to pay me a visit in bed by just jumping off... xD)

12. I did this a few times when my PTSD was really bad and I struggled to sleep - I think it was mainly the story I had for the characters that made me feel more secure. That said I had a double bed to myself and kept them well out of range of any accidental smacks from my arms during the night.

Not something I've done for years and I don't plan to do it again, but it was a small comfort in a time I was really struggling. :)

13. I don't sleep with my dolls but I can see them from my bed.
      They are on a shelf in my bedroom and I like having them around.

14. I don't really sleep with my dolls, but I do often cuddle them, and sometimes I have one of my dolls with me in bed before I go to sleep, while browse social media and such, and when I go to sleep, I put them on the floor! c":

I did used to do that, few years back, but that was when I was struggling a lot, just like @Jeido mentioned they were! It was nice comfort, and good company, in a way!

15. My boyfriend puts up with stuffies, but I am 100% certain he would draw the line at my SD when I get her, even if I trusted myself to not crush her in my sleep.

Which I don’t. I wake up sans fitted sheet pretty frequently; I think I do aerobics in my sleep or something.

16. I'm a restless sleeper - like a tumble dryer going over and over and over and back again all night - gah!!! So no doll would survive on my bed although I do have 5 teddy bears, 2 bunny-bears, several pillows, a giant 3' Care Bear :aheartbea and a Pinky Pie to keep me company - which may well be weird since I'm in my 50's :XD:

#236 elve, Jul 5, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    17. I have a full bed and have a pair of full-body pillows propped against the wall in place of a proper headboard and then like three normal pillows against them, so I've got a nice, cushy backrest. I've let a few of my dolls hang out on the other side of my bed propped on top of the pillows on occasion, but mostly that's only because I was too lazy to put them back on their shelves.

18. I untuck my blankets and toss in my sleep, so I think it might be a little dangerous... It does bring up the topic though, of where to display dolls?? I don't feel like mine are ready to be set up yet, so he stays in his box most of the time (WHICH MAKES ME SO SAD...) but when he's finished, I have no idea where I'll put him! All my shelves are full, and sunlight is also an issue...

19. I tried it once very early on with my first doll. But I was super aware of the fact that my expensive doll was right next to me, liable to be knocked off the bed during one of the times I shifted. Or I might have drooled all over the face-up if I got too close during my nightly flipping and flopping around.

In the end, I found it impossible to fall asleep, so I gave up and moved my doll to their normal spot. Haven't tried it since.

20. I was super relieved to see this thread because a few nights ago I thought “is it weird I want my doll to sleep in the bed with me?!”. I’m pretty sure my cats would be pretty upset, though. They already barely tolerate when I have my attention on the dolls and not them!