1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. Nope, I prefer sleeping with warm, soft, affectionate things. ;)

2. I dont think its weird at all exvept i would be afraid of breaking them

3. I have an entertainment center in my bedroom but instead of a TV I have my BJD diorama there. I don’t sleep with them in my bed (I still prefer stuffed animals) but I do enjoy a nice cuddle from them now and again. I’ll carry a doll around in my arm like a baby, sit one in my lap while I study, or give them a peck on the head when they’re looking extra cute lol.

4. It's not weird at all! I'd love to sleep with my doll, but like many others here I'm an active sleeper and I'd be terrified of squashing her, or breaking something, or scratching the faceup. So I just settle for cuddling her in bed for a while and placing her in her chair next to my bed when I'm going to sleep. It's not ideal for me cos I could cuddle her all day long, but I can't risk damaging her:atremblin

5. Mine sits on my nightstand while I sleep. It helps me to relax and fall asleep with the doll nearby. I also sleep with a soft blanket.

6. Occasionally my husband will sleep on the sofa if he has to get up for an early shift the next day. On those nights I'll have my doll sleep in our bed, but it's pretty huge and even if I was thrashing around in some vivid nightmare, there's no chance of my touching her. I sleep very restlessly and usually wake up 2-4 times a night, and I like reaching out to touch her when I wake her.

7. That's a cute idea. I roll around in my sleep and have a cat who loves to knock things over when he's bored, though, so this is probably not a good idea for me. *_*

8. I’ve never considered sleeping with my dolls. Not even as a child I suppose? I loved plushies, so I took them to my bed. I’d rather display dolls on the bed table making them little bed and stuff.

9. Though I move around quite a bit, I usually stick to one side of my bed pretty well. So I keep a pile of mini plush dolls on the other side for hugging or extra pillow-ing. A few times though I have felt bad for my BJD who usually lives on my couch. I don't want him to be the only doll left out! So I'll carefully place him beside the bed or among the other dolls every once and a while.

10. I've recently acquired some tinies, but instead of sleeping with them, I put them on my nightstand. Its pretty nice to wake up and see a resin face looking at you...or are they guarding me while I sleep? ;)

Ryu

11. I would (after removing the wig for safety) if my husband allowed me to keep dolls in the bedroom, for sure.

12. Since I now don't have a whole lot of space and I have an SD boy... he sleeps in the corner of my bed against the wall. So far, no accidents with him lol. I don't cuddle him or anything, but sometimes I put my hand on him and it weirdly helps me fall asleep.

13. There is no more room in my bed! I have a husband and two shiba dogs taking up too much room already :mwahaha

Also I do my dolls faceup, make the wigs etc I would feel like I might ruin my hard efforts with my tossing around.

14. I used to play blythes and I put them beside my bed
      Not sure if that’s count as sleep with them
      But for the bjds I don’t
      I don’t wanna mess up with their face ups

15. I made an interesting observation recently.
      I took my new doll into bed for two days in a row.

He has no faceup or bodyblushing yet, so I dared to try it. I felt a bit lonely and depressed so I cuddled him, held him in my arms and slept in. He was cold before but he turned warm.

I think I woke up sometimes but not often. I checked if he was okay and he was.
      When I woke up in the morning I realized that my subconciousness was aware of him. I wouldn't have hurt him in my sleep.
      The fear of causing breakage is unreasonable.
      The subconcious awareness will make this unlikely.

What it definitely also does is bonding.
      I think I'm closer to him now. Today I feel like something is already missing (because I'm not having him next to me today).

16. Coming back to this thread reminded me of how I had a scary hospital visit a couple years ago; having Taylor in bed with me tucked under one arm was the only thing that kept me from completely falling apart. I'm very sentimentally driven, though, so that's probably just a 'me' thing.

17. I have slept with a doll in my bed but only because I was too lazy to put them back in the doll cabinet when I was done redressing/changing them :lol: so not on purpose, just pure laziness. Thankfully I don't do it too often and no one has slipped off (yet). My cat who sleeps in my bed leaves them alone too.

18. Basically this. Not on purpose but I have a queen bed to myself and am notorious for nesting with books and stuff scattered around. He was just another obstacle.

19. No, I'm a boring person who keeps her dolls in a glass display case. :lol: I have oily skin, so I'm really, really careful about not letting my skin touch my dolls, because I don't want to damage or stain the resin, so sleeping with it in my bed is a no-go. I'm also a night-sweater, which would be even more disastrous for a doll, lol!

20. I don't, but I don't think it's weird if you do. I sleep with a few plushies my fiancé gave me before he passed away not long ago. I don't know that I'll ever take them off the bed unless I'm changing linens or something. I'm afraid of messing up a doll as I toss and turn, so I'm not sure I'd have one in my bed.