1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. I don't think it's weird. I know I wouldn't do it just simply for the fact that my partner and I work different shifts, they work first shift and I work second shift, so there's a chance of my boy might roll off the bed when my partner gets up in the morning. Also, I have two cats, one chonky boy and one curious boy. I'm afraid my chonky cat might push my doll off the bed since he likes to clear stuff out of his way when he lays down. While my curious cat likes to drag my doll around on the bed by his wig as it is now when I'm changing outfits or wigs with the doll, I'm pretty sure he would drag Leaph off of the bed by his wig when I'm sleeping.

2. Not weird at all! I don't sleep with my dolls because I'm worried about squishing them, but I do love to cuddle them while I'm just hanging out and drawing or playing games. My 1/3 girls have lots of cozy loungewear for this exact reason. My favorite article of clothing for them is this giant fluffy white coat that I got secondhand, and it makes them so soft and perfect for hugs.

3. Nope not weird! I don't sleep with my doll in my bed due to the abundance of pillows on it but they sit right next to me on my shelfs.

4. I don't think it's weird. I've done it myself a couple times although it had more to do with the fact that the doll was already sitting on my bed and I was just too lazy to move them somewhere else before going to sleep, lol. I don't move around in my sleep much at all, and I realized that I particularly stay still when my subconscious knows that a fragile doll is right next to me, so causing any damage isn't a concern to me.

5. No. But whoever I have dusted off and customized that night while I watch a movie ends up on my night stand.

6. I roll around a lot and my bed is small, so I’d be afraid of a doll ending up crushed or falling on the floor! I worry enough about my tiny dog, who likes to sleep curled up under the covers next to me. Haven’t squished her yet though lol.

7. Not at all, I sleep with my dolls sometimes but I wrap them with something soft (so I don't damage their faceup) but the sleep only lasts for few hours. They are heavy and solid, which is not suitable for a long sleep.

8. I don't think it's any weirder than sleeping with any other comfort item! However, I would never be able to sleep with my doll in my bed. I'd be too afraid of rolling over on top of and breaking them, not to mention my two dogs and husband who I also share my bed with.

9. I don’t trust myself enough to have my dolls in bed. I know they would brake in no time! They all are in my bedroom though I love to look at them when I’m watching tv or just relaxing …

10. I don't think it's strange, nor do I judge. I just know I couldn't do it, I cant even sleep the whole night with my little dog on the bed with me. I move around too much and move the blanket around too. So, I'm sure if I did that my doll will end up on the floor, or I'll get up and put them away in the middle of the night. Like with my dog, sometimes I'll let him sleep on the bed with me, but I eventually get restless with the lack of space I have and move him to his own bed at night.

11. I fell asleep with Ilya in my arms while in the car the other day. His wig popped off and fell on the floor. I wouldn't put any of them in my bed though. I have a loft bed and I'm afraid of a fall. Or my giant self squashing and breaking them D:

12. Similar to others, I’d probably be too afraid of damaging them to sleep with them, but I have slept with plushies and decorative pillows which is basically along the same lines, just less fragile, more squishy haha so yeah, if it makes makes someone happy/helps them sleep, I’d say go for it.

13. I'd be worried about breaking them like a lot of other people here. I toss and turn and fling the sheets around like mad for some reason and I can see an accident easily happening. But I don't think it's weird, I'll probably just relegate any cuddling time to when I am fully awake and less likely to cause damage, especislly since I have a body pillow for night.

(Also if anyone cares 18" squishmallows make GREAT sleeping plushies and are perfectly pillow sized as well)

14. I have a really big bed and lots of pillows, though I sleep on just two. So when I got my grail he sat on the pile of unused pillows for weeks on my bed and I slept next to him. I'm not a rough sleeper and it was comforting since he came to me at a fairly difficult time. So no, I don't think it's weird and people should do whatever brings them comfort and happiness ♡

15. I started falling asleep cuddling my Living Dead Doll Vincent vaude. :frownyblush: Ashamed of how well i slept. I was OUT. A SOLID 9 hours.

16. Sometimes ) Some of them are just too pretty, why can't I hug them for a while)))

17. I have to go to the dentist in the morning for some gnarly pain in a molar, so I'm sleeping with my girl tonight. Dentists scare the heck out of me.

18. I love that this thread has been going for yearrrrsss. Let's keep it rolling!

I don't sleep with my dolls. They are in their glass cabinet, which I unlock at nighttime, so when they come alive they are free to roam.

19. I don't find it weird. I keep mine close to bed ^ ^

20. If it wasn't for your comment, I wouldn't even notice... *___*