1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. I don't sleep with them in my bed, but my bigger boys do have a shelf directly over my bed an my two smaller guys are next to me bed. It's a bit reassuring to have them close by and know they are safe from harm.

2. I often have my favorite 70cm guy in bed with me. He's heavy enough that he won't be knocked over the edge by my flailings, and he's a good snuggler. ;)

3. I sleep with my dolls too but i have 2 dolls and it is a problem because they use to much space if i wanted to take them all to bed
      and in the morning that bed hair

4. There's nothing wrong with seeking comfort when you need it and sleeping with a doll is harmless to anyone else external to you, so why not?

Personally speaking I'm one of those collectors who likes to keep everything out of sun & behind glass when I am not styling them. Sleeping with a doll would freak me out in a OCD keeping everything clean and orderly sort of way- not in a *that's weird* way. We all have our unique personality ticks. ;)

5. Hmn I tried... but I just cant.... my skin is always caught between their joints in the morning...and im worried that their hands will be broken

6. I sleep with my doll every night. I just feel better with him near. He sits opposite of me where I can't reach him so I won't hurt him in my sleep. I don't think it's weird to sleep with your doll at all.

7. I sleep with dolls in the bed most of the time. Even when I was younger,I have always had dolls and stuffed animal on the bed. I also switch up which dolls get to be on the bed.

8. No, they're hard, cold, don't move and are very fragile. I sleep with my chihuahua, she's alive, warm, and can move in sync with me. She is fragile but we've made this work for over six years now.

9. I definitely don't see anything wrong with it, if it makes you comfortable thats what matters. I however, could not, because even though we have a king sized bed it has me and my husband and two dogs in it every night, so I wouldn't risk anything happening to my dolls. Also I sleep like a maniac, so I am sure I would end up hurting them. Just not a risk I'd be willing to take, knowing myself lol. But I definitely don't think it should worry you if you are safe about it and don't risk hurting your dolls, and if it makes you feel comfortable. I still sleep with a stuffed turtle that my husband bought me about 6 years ago when I was sick :XD:

10. Don't have my own BJD quite yet but I don't think they'll be in the bed when I sleep. I toss and turn constantly. I do keep a stuffed bunny from my childhood in bed with me though! Somehow she always seems to add just the perfect extra smidgen of cushiness to my pillow arrangements.

I imagine my dolls will share the same destiny as my other off-topic toys: arranged on my bookshelf where I can enjoy looking at them while I work or relax. I definitely don't think sleeping with your doll is weird though! If it brings you comfort and joy keep on keepin’ on.

11. No, much too scared of breaking anything. And at the very least you're going to mess up the hair.

I don't think it's weird, and can even understand why some people would do it.

I'm sure it is unusual though, but as long as you're not hurting anyone, who cares what anyone else thinks.

12. I'm super tempted to have my doll in my bed with me (I already have a ton of stuffed animals so it wouldn't be anything really new) but my bed is pretty small and I'm paranoid as hell about her falling or something. I'd leave her out near my bed but I don't trust my cats- even with my bedroom door almost always closed. Never know when someone may let one of them in without knowing.

Obviously doesn't seem weird to me at all; I think bjds can be a really good comfort object for some people in the hobby, like stuffed animals and the sort.

13. Like some people here already said, resin isn't exactly cuddle material... and those joints can pinch! Plus the possibilty of accidentally dropping the doll off the bed at night is a bit too likely to chance :sweat Kudos to those brave souls who can pull it off!

14. I have not doll yet, but I think I will not sleep with doll when I will have it. Because I sleep like a crazy octopus, I just crush it :(

15. I don't sleep with my dolls for three reasons.
      1: I thrash around a lot during the night.
      2: I have two snoopy cats who love to steal doll wigs and play with small trinkets that dolls may drop.
      3: During the wintertime it gets very warm in my bedroom. I don't know if it's warm enough to yellow resin, but better safe than sorry. I keep my dolls in an unheated bedroom as a precaution.

I do like to cuddle with my dolls in bed sometimes, though. During the evenings I sit in bed and play with my computer, and sometimes if I'm in the mood I'll take one of my dolls with me. I'll brace his back (or less commonly, her) up against my hip while I sit, the cats do their own thing, and we're all quite happy.

16. Personally, I'd find that weird and I wouldn't do it, but if it makes you happy I don't see any harm in it.

My dolls sit on my desk, with their feet dangling, except Iker who has somehow ended up sitting on the couch downstairs.

I find them too realistic to put in a bed, it would be odd. Also, even as a kid I didn't sleep with toys in the bed because they annoyed me and got in the way! My rag doll used to sit on the floor next to the bed at night.

17. i do not, i'm too afraid of something happening to her. plus i have a hubby and kids lol

18. For me it wouldn't work since I already share my bed with my boyfriend, and a doll between us would be very weird. Other than that, even if I'd be single I wouldn't want to have them near me when I sleep, because I'm afraid to roll over it, smack it or push it over the bed edge. In winter I also put the heater in our bed on, I would fear it's too warm for them and it might damage the resin/vinyl.

But if people are comfortable with that, I don't see a problem with it when they want to do it.

19. I don't intentionally sleep with my dolls. I toss and turn too much and my husband is slightly afraid of them. However Idk if it counts but I have started to watch a movie on the couch with one of my dolls and then fallen asleep and I don't see anything wrong or weird with that at all.

20. Is it weird to sleep with your doll at night?

I don't think it's very weird--I used to sleep with five different creepy cat stuffed animals when I was in grade school. I brought a hedgehog puppet with me to college--mostly because I like taking weird photos of him--and I've probably slept with him at least once.

Or do any of you even do it?

Does sleeping with one on your side table count? If so, yes! My Impldoll Nicholas sat on my side table the first week I got him when I was sleeping because it was the safest surface to put him on (my desk is full of a serger and sewing machine).