1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. I don't think it's weird in general, but I think my husband would be completely freaked out if I suggested putting a doll in bed between us. When I was single my dolls lived on my night stand, but I never would sleep with them in the bed. I'd just be too worried about damaging a doll and I don't think I'd sleep well at all.

2. Not weird at all! I'd definitely sleep with my dolls if it weren't for the fact I fear damaging them.
      I think I'll settle for making diaramas with their own little beds... On a desk or shelf next to my bed. :XD:

3. Normally I don't, but when I'm very anxious I sleep with my dollies. Well, they are very cute but so small(I have mini sized dolls) that I can't comfortably hug them.

4. I take the doll bed only in those cases when they stay home alone. Arrange a separate sleeping place beside him. Usually he sits in the chair beside the bed. Once fell asleep hugging him, and all night did not move, waking up in the same position.

5. I don't think it's weird, I don't do it myself though because I'd be too afraid of kicking it off the bed in my sleep.

6. When I'm sick or injured, I like to put Raziel in my boyfriend's place on the bed. At least, I used to until we got the puppy. Now the puppy sleeps in bed with me.
      I still prefer to have my dolls close by where I can see them. They are in their boxes, right beside where I sleep right now. I don't think it's weird. Any time there was a bad storm outside, I would sit with Raziel. He kept me distracted.

7. Even if I wanted to I couldn't because I toss and turn like a maniac, so they would go flying off the bed in no time. But, no, I don't think it's weird to sleep with your doll.

8. I dont think its weird. I sleep with loads of plushies on my bed. I wouldn't sleep with mine personally because i'd be scared i'd crush them ;_;

9. I REALLY wanna sleep with my dolls, but I'm too afraid to roll on them or hurt them.... Lol.

10. When I was a kid I would sleep with a lot of teddy bears and even a Barbie doll for a bit, but I wouldn't do it with a BJD.. I'd be too worried of sleeping on it and breaking a hand or it falling off the bed (I tend to roll around a lot when I sleep so I'm told, haha).

11. I don't think it's weird at all.
      Although, I don't sleep with mine because I'm scared my cat is scratch him or something?

12. My dog has already proved that he wants to chew on my dolls. It makes me upset. I don't want to keep them in their boxes.i wamt to be able to at least see them. Unfortunate events, but I'll soon have a place for them.

13. I am afraid to break my dolls so NO is the answer. I think they prefer to sleep in their own doll cases anyway, peaceful & quiet. :)

14. It's unusual, and I wouldn't recommend doing that. Despite precautions, there is still the potential for the doll to get damaged (roll over it, it falls off the bed, skin oil transfer discoloring resin, etc). Or, you know; getting a doll elbow poking you in the eye...

15. i've been sleeping with my doll since i got him, and i usually fall asleep holding his hand especially now that im in hospital :kitty2 i wonder what the nurses think when they see me sleeping with him but i never cuddle with him cause i have a tendency to throw whatever im cuddling on the floor :aeyepop:

16. Mine stays in the closet since I'm afraid to break them.
      But it would be nice to have them around like near my bed or something.

17. I do have my dolls on my bed with me when I'm too lazy to bring them back to their display cabinet after changing their wigs or clothing.
      I don't hug them, they just sit there. Never had problem when they are on my bed as I do not toss and turn a lot when I sleep. They are practically safe on my bed. But to be extra safe, I always have pillows at the edge of my bed to prevent them from falling off.

18. No, but they usually are close by. If I had an SD size I could easily see it being a possibility. Since mine are so small I'd definitely lose them or worse.

19. I have never slept with my doll, I never thought about it to be honest. And just thinking about it I fear for her messy wig and her delicate elf ears and faceup lol

20. I never used to unless I was sick or had dozed off for a nap with a doll on the bed, but lately... shelf space is getting to be an issue :sweat I have my newest doll nestled in the stuffed animal pile beside my pillow. Even if she tried to fall off the bed, all that's on the floor for her to land on is more stuffed animals, so I'm not worried.

Maybe the next flat surface to get cleared for use as a doll display will be my headboard shelf...