1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Sleep with your doll? Is it Weird?

Oct 27, 2016

1. I toss and turn way too much. Even with bumping up to a bigger bed, I'd be afraid of knocking my poor dolls to the floor. I sometimes cuddle with a plush because I can snug them under the arm, but also I know if they fall, nothing will chip or break. But I keep Marigold where I can see her from my bed in the morning so at least there's a feeling of closeness, and as long as I leave my closet open I can see all the boys lined up on their shelf, too. I need a proper nightstand, I would definitely sit a doll up on my nightstand.

2. I don't think its weird but my favourite doggie plushie often ends up on the floor in the morning XD so i quit sleeping with plushies. I don't think I will ever sleep with my dolls in case they get damaged.

3. See, if I were single I would totally do this. I'm a very light sleeper and I always seem to wake up when I need to change positions, so I wouldn't be worried about knocking them off the bed.

As it is, though, I'm pretty sure my spouse would be giving me some maaaaajor side-eye if I tried to bring a doll into the bed. XD
      (Not to mention the cats. Between cats and humans, there's no extra space on my bed, lol.)

4. I don't think it's weird at all. Though I would never be able to do it as I would definitely roll on top of them, or kick/punch them off the bed... Not even stuffed animals are safe from my sleeping rampage.

5. Sleeping with certain objects you deem important or have a sentimental attachment too isn't new.
      I used to sleep with one specific stuffed toy when I was young, and today I have my doll sitting on a desk opposite my bed.
      I'd never put him near my bed though, let alone in/on it. I can have some rather active dreams, and I've been known to kick while I sleep (and sometimes worse).
      So, yeah, I would never put him even close to my bed.

6. I sleep with my 3 year old son, while my wife sleeps with our 2 month old baby.
      A lot of times, I lay my doll daughter next to my bed, so I'm like sleeping together with my children, both real and doll.
      My son would curiously pat his younger sister sometimes but all is good. :thumbup

Perhaps to others, it's weird. But nobody would know. Even if others knew, it's still my choice and there's nothing they can do except expressing their opinion. :3nodding:

7. Although I don't do it myself, I don't think it's weird at all. Everyone has his/her own way of loving dolls, and sleeping in bed with him/her is surely just one of those many ways!

8. I don't think it's unusual at all, but I would be far too paranoid of rolling over onto it or knocking it off the bed and onto the floor! And the fact that I share a bed with my partner absolutely rules that out; one of us would crush it!

9. I wish I could but I'd be afraid I'd mess her up or break her. It's better to have her resting on my nightstand where she's safe. ^-^

10. I wouldn't do it not because I think it's creepy but because I move A Lot while sleeping and is afraid that I will kick the doll or something..
      Otherwise, I think it's perfectly fine, I sleep with my stuffed animals :)

11. I've slep with my doll(Sd17) since I've got him. Sometimes, I even dress him in a very fluffy clothes so I could hug him. I can do this because I sleep alone and rarely move while sleeping. From time to time, I even use him as a pillow because I want to tease him . Not that comfortable though.

12. I don't do it, but honey is very sweet! and the truth I know enough people that if they do :XD:

13. Vinyl play dolls, yes. My bjds, I think they're too tiny. I'd worry about them falling to the floor--I lose my phone (pillow, blanket, socks, chapstick) often enough during the night. They also feel more delicate. My vinyl dolls, I dropped them out of trees when I was younger with no real ill effects and I worked in a store selling them last summer. They can withstand a lot more than what I'm capable of doing. :XD: Although I have stuffed bears for cuddling. My dolls just aren't cuddly, any of them.

14. There have been times where a portion of my bed is loaded with dolls and they share the bed but that is not the same as cuddling or sleeping with them. It is more because I was too tired or lazy to move them. I have mostly slim MSD 1/4 resin dolls so I am worried that I may break them. I have cradled dolls in the crook of my arms when transporting them versus holding them by the waist or something like that.

15. I used to take a doll to bed with me on occasion if I was feeling ill or sad. Sometimes I will still do this if my husband is up late, just for a comfort to help me fall asleep, or for a nap during the day. (Doll is typically sandwiched sturdily against the wall and the edge of a pillow.)

However, the last time, I found myself being shaken awake by the Mister insisting I move the doll because he was could not sleep for fear he was going to unknowingly destroy my Favourite Thing Ever. Fair enough; he has been known to suddenly grab me or jump out of bed and start throwing things in his sleep. :aeyepop: Guess that's the end of that.

16. Worried of damaging them

#116 GrakyCat, Sep 20, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    17. I don't. I'm too afraid of damaging them, and I only have one tall BJD (18") and she's not that cuddly! I prefer to keep them on a shelf nearby where I can look at them at any time.

18. I really want to, tbh. But i have a twin bed and my mom comes in all the time so it would be creepy for her XD. I'm all for it though. It shows you REALLY love your doll and it not something that sits on your shelf doing nothing.

19. I don't think it's all that weird. I've slept with a doll in my bed on occasion, but I don't make a habit of it, mostly because my dog also sleeps in my bed, and she has a tendency to kick things to the floor in the middle of the night.

20. No. Ever when I was a child I did not sleep with dolls. Because it`s cold and hard ).