1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still have your first doll?

Oct 25, 2019

1. I lost my first doll. He was a CP El that I purchased back in 2005 (it's the doll in my profile piccie).

I lost my doll when I moved from the UK back to my home country. I had lived in the UK with a man I was very much in love with- unfortunately, the relationship didn't last and I went back here to Denmark. My ex was supposed to ship my belongings- incl my dolls- back to me- but he never did.
      Over the years I have gotten many other dolls, but I do still miss my first doll.

2. Super sucks when they're taken from us by circumstances we can't help.

3. I sold my first doll in order to help pay for my second doll. I like to think I followed the campsite rule: I left her in much better shape than I found her.

4. <<<<<My first BJD is the one in my icon picture.

Luts CP Delf Chiwoo 2004 or 2005 in the first clothes I made for him:
      [​IMG] The red hair lasted about 2 days before he returned to his default black.

And here he is a couple of weeks ago with someof his sisters and cousins:
      [​IMG]

Teddy

5. My first doll is a Dollstown Soph elf in ws I bought in 2006 for my 27th birthday. She was my favourite doll in the whole world and she still is! Even though I quit the hoby for about 10 years, I kept her. She is sitting on the piano in my bedroom, and she'll soon have a new face-up because time has come (it's been 8 years I think with this one). ❤

I also have my second doll, my MG Uyoo rabbit full-set, and I'm not selling her anytime soon! My grandma wanted to offer me a doll in 2007 and we found this full-set second hand at a very nice price, so she bought her for me. My grandma's passed away since then, and my sweet Uyoo is sitting on the piano too.

I sold all my other dolls and only kept the floating heads I most liked. Now that I'm back I'll soon have new dolls, but number 1 and 2 are staying forever. ❤❤❤

6. I still have my first. A Dream of Doll D.O.C. Hoo I bought in 2005. I re shelled the character in 2008 and he's sat on my shelf without so much as a name ever since. I'll never sell him tho. I do still love him, I just.... need to get around to giving him a new faceup and figure out who he actually is now. If that makes any sense.

7. My display picture is my first doll. Bought her two years ago and she is still with me.

8. @ashbelEro That's something I learnt many, many years ago: never lend money or items to friends, even if you had known said friend(s) ever since childhood.

There is a saying "opportunity makes the thief". I think that's the way people say it in english.

9. Interesting to see so many Luts dolls as first purchases. Mine was the first Lishe elf set. The open eye head is my avatar.

I love my first so much that I bought three additional Lishe elves this year!

10. My first doll was a Bobobie Apollo. He ended up being too big for me to handle, so I ended up selling him. Hope his new owner treated him right.

My second doll was a Doll Leaves Kira, and I do still have him! Planning on getting him a new faceup eventually, and revamping his look.

11. Yes! My first doll was a Luts Kid Delf Bory, who's about 3-4 years old now. Currently he's blank and his company face-up was removed. I'm working on re-styling him.

12. My first doll is Linden, linked in my signature - a ResinSoul Winter. I wasn't going to get into dolls, but when I was researching doll accessories for a gift for SixSpouse, I saw him and went absolutely head over heels. I have him, 3ish years later, and I've only grown more fond of him as I learn to sew at small scale and experiment with styles and accessories.

He taught me a lot about BJDs, including the fact that I was going to want more of them. xD

13. I still got my 1st doll Kain from when I got into the Hobby back in 07/08. Arrived on the same day as my friends birthday who introduced me into the hobby too (coincidence?). Hes a Dollzone Mo and with the last few years his character has been in a desperate need to grow up into the next size (but funds). I recently just got another Mo and decided whenever my first boy is finally able to grow up, I'll be keeping his original head to have a set of twins so I will still have a key piece of my start off into the hobby.

14. Nope. My first 2 dolls were a Hujoo ABS & Berdine Creedy doll. They were my introduction to dolls & the hobby before I found out more about bjd's in general. They were my starter dolls that I did end up rehoming because I didn't do anything with them an felt someone else would enjoy them better. They were replaced by 2 Dollzone boys and a Luts CP Delf Lishe that I don't think I'll ever get rid of.

15. Hobestly, I was afraid of what would happen if I left it with my parents. They were known to sell things of mine when they said they were keeping them for me and they were pretty eager to get me out into the military... I had to move out pretty shortly after I came home. But that’s a story for another day and another place and not a doll forum.

16. Wow, my heart goes out to those who lost dolls through circumstance.

I don’t have my first doll anymore, having finally sold him recently after nearly eight years together. That sounds sad, but the sculpt no longer reflected his character properly to my eyes and I had been disenchanted with him to varying degrees for about four years by the time I finally cleaned him up and took those sale photos. Just like removing his default faceup all those years ago to begin doing my own, it was something I had to work up to but was ultimately very good for my enjoyment of the hobby. The doll that is replacing him makes me very happy to look at and hold and I feel the magic of his character has been refreshed.

17. I do not. My first was a Bobobie Weylin but I didn't feel extremely bonded to the first character I had for him. I did try him with a different character, who I did like a little better, but ended up trading him to a long time Rp friend's family.

18. Nope, but I know where he is. He’s a customhouse chamomile that turned into a gift for my best friend when she fell into love with him and I was sort of waffling on him. He’s been with her for years and she adores him plus I get to see him when I visit. Win win!

19. Ooh, AND you guys get to still use him for photosets and rp if you're into that.

20. I still have my first doll! A 2006 CP Minifee Shiwoo, bought from Luts. :)