1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still have your first doll?

Oct 25, 2019

1. I forgot that Luts used to sell dolls that weren't Luts.

2. Well, I reshelled Chaeri as a BJD just this year, so. :D

It makes my heart sore to hear the horror stories of those who lost their first dolls. If anyone even tried to take Riri from me I would not be responsible for my actions. I know I shouldn't be so attached to a doll, but that's how I feel about it.

#42 Emby Quinn, Oct 26, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    3. They still do! :3c

4. Yes I do! I still have him and I adore him completely. I don't do much with him because I prefer dolls on the more realistic side and I prefer SD dolls, where he is an MSD but I do love him and cherish him still. He's my precious one and aside from my YoSD and my Tiny, the only small doll I've actually kept.

This is Aeirion, he's a ResinSoul Song. I got him back in 2009 and he's been with me ever since.

[​IMG]

5. Yes, I do, she is a Mirodoll Wind and my husband and kids bought it for me for my birthday when I was thinking of getting into the hobby and had tickets to go to a doll convention. They surprised me and it came just 1 week before I went. I love her smile and her eyes. She is in a box waiting patiently to be restrung after fully sueding and doing some body work on her. She deserves a new face as well. I have many other dolls that pose and behave much better but she is special to me because of the love she came with.

6. My first doll was a CP Delf Lishe named Feather. I got her in 2011, and I still have her. She will always be with me. I have been away from the hobby and have her packed up currently but I will move and take her out soon. I could never sell her, she's a part of my life. ♡
      [​IMG]Strawberry Kiss by Emily, on Flickr

7. I no longer have my first two dolls (Dollzone Megi-2 and Dollzone Shoyo-2), my taste in dolls have changed quite a bit! I definitely prefer more realistic sculpts these days.

8. Following on from my first post, I don’t think I’ll ever sell any of my dolls. I’ve sold parts that were never used, like floating heads, and I could sell old bodies, but the painted faces or complete dolls would hold too much sentimental value even f I wasn’t actively in the hobby. My first is a Modoll Thranduil on T&D body, and I’m considering changing his body because he’s bobble headed, but I’d never sell him. I’d not be in the hobby if not for him: I was looking for a toy Thranduil rather than a bjd (not really interested or very aware of them at the time).

9. My first doll was a Dream of Doll Hoo from 2005 and I still have him, but he's now on a minifee body!
      [​IMG]

10. I've never planned to ever sell any of my dolls, so I still own all of the dolls I ever bought (or were gifted to me, even ones that are not BJD). My first "BJD" was a Volks Dollfie Dream I, which I planned on hybridizing with a CP VDES head from the moment I saw the head sculpt and the V-DD body. I did get the opened eyed DD-H01 head for her, because I thought I would practice face ups while I saved up to afford the VDES sculpt. However,I didn't do very well at anime-ish face ups, so I got my VDES with a custom face up from Luts, so I didn't have to worry about destroying my first BJD resin head sculpt. I purchased the Volks DD body around winter 2003 or early 2004 and my VDES head until a year later. My first BJD love was a SoulDoll Paris, and I was able to purchase him, but was lucky my mother and my bff got him for me for Christmas 2006. (:

My Volks DDI, and my VDES head on the same body, they still "share" it, when I'm not lazy to photograph either:
      [​IMG]

My SD Paris, my first all resin BJD:
      [​IMG]

11. Oh shoot, I just remembered my An came with an SD floating head that I never used. I wonder if my ex friend has that too. That’s a shame.

12. I still have my first doll surprisingly! He was an Akagidoll Roosevelt from maybe around 2013 when I was 16. Sadly I don't connect with him anymore, nor did I ever have a change to fully customize him so he sits in his case in a closet..I really need to find him a new home!

13. I do have the first doll that arrived to me, my Soom Amber Pure Spirit. I've owned her for 8 years now :aheartbea

[​IMG]Amber by AmberLeighsBJDs, on Flickr

14. Oh, man, I love her ears. They're like bunny ears.

15. My first doll was an Obitsu 60cm Gretel from back in 2011, who I no longer own. She moved on to be the first doll to someone else, which is very sweet!

My first official resin BJD (aka my second doll) I still own, but only her head. I've upgraded her body since then, and turned her into a super hybrid! She's a Resinsoul Ai, and in 2012/13 she got a DF-A 60cm V2 Girl body as un upgrade, and later I bought her some Soom FC Beryl hooves. She's great now. I don't do terrible much with her, and almost sold her at one point due to needing money, but my wife talked me out of it.

My first doll's character got reshelled into resin in 2015. I absolutely love her new shell (DC Snow Nymph), and even though everything is new, she still feels like the same character, just more grown up!

16. It’s hard to say which is the first. The one that I ordered first or the one that came in the mail first. But, I still have and love them both.

17. Yeah, my husband and has to talk me out of selling stuff I own too. I grew up with the ethos of “If you want a new game you better sell the ones you have to afford it.”
      He no longer allows me to sell games just because I need money. Had to retract me that yes, you can have new games and still keep the ones you love.

18. My first was a Bobobie (Resinsoul) Sprite. Just a few months ago I gave her to my now-teenage niece, as her first BJD. The doll has a lot of memories for both of us. I got into the hobby and bought the doll when my youngest niece was born. She--niece--lived with us from the first week of her life until she started school, and stayed with us often after that. She was my only girl, and the one who would "play dolls" with me.

19. Your first doll story is so cute I can't even. I'm sure your niece is over the moon to have your doll, and it's so sweet that you can still see the doll when you see your nice. :D