1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still have your first doll?

Oct 25, 2019

1. Yes, simply that she is my only doll, my Iplehouse Silvia. Ordered her 5/28/2008, according the her CoA.

2. Nothing wrong with only having one doll! That just means she’s the only one you need! Or you’re broke. Or both!

3. Broke...lol Although I really only planning to buy a boy doll one day. Doing the college thing in middle age is not for the weak, not is cancer diagnosis and treatment.

4. Yeah we’re all broke. Good luck with your treatment, we’re all behind you.

5. I do! I've only had her for a year now, but I plan on keeping her for much longer than that. She is probably my favorite possession period. I actually still have my very first Barbie from when I got serious about collecting dolls when I was a much younger Shamshir. :lol:

6. I no longer have my first bjd, an MSD B&G Triya.

There's nothing really sad about her departure really; I got her back in late 2007/2008 when I was first introduced to bjds, and when I got back into the hobby after a long hiatus in 2015, I no longer was interested in the MSD size (as I had gravitated towards SDs instead).

In the end, I didn't actually sell her either. She now resides with a friend who really wanted a bjd, but didn't have the funds to get one herself (plus, she's not exactly the most computer/internet literate, so getting one online would've been a near impossibility for her, even if she had the funds).

As for my second...I still have the body, but the head has been sold off. His character has since evolved into a different shell (the fifth at this point), and he's happy the way he now is:3nodding::XD:

7. I dontd have my first doll, she was a yeon-bee with custom faceup, I feel I never bonded with her, because everything around her seemed to have been bad, she took over 9months ( after the order went missing, ) to actually be made, then when she did turn up she had the wrong size chest, so after talking to my wonderful dealer, it was rectified and I had to learn how to restring her, her head was still being painted so it was a headless body. I was living in hospital when her head finally came back, I didn't like the faceup at all, it was definitely not what I asked for and made her look as if she had an eye infection, and a doctor accidentally knocked her off a shelf and she broke her head cap. So I sold her.

I now collect mainly DZ and DC and haven't had much of a problem, it did put me off dolls a little, but when my fairyland doll came with her fullset I fell back in love and nearly three years later I have sold alot of dolls but still have 5,

8. Fergus from doll chateau is still with me, but I could not find a wig that fits him QAQ

9. I still have my Resinsoul Song, I've only been in the hobby since 2012 but I don't think I'd get rid of any of my dolls! I sometimes look at them and think "maybe that sculpt isn't right after all", or it bugs me that two of my MSDs who are siblings are totally the wrong size to each other.... but then I remember that the character is there, and the actual doll is a secondary factor. So long as I have something physical to represent my OCs, I'm pretty happy, and selling any of them would be like getting rid of that character, so I really doubt I would. The value of all the years my OCs have brought me comfort and helped me calm myself outweigh everything.

10. I still have my first doll, she is Soom Gem Nion and I have had her since 2007. Her skin has gone quite yellow though.

11. I do not still own my first doll. When I ordered my first doll in 2016, I got the size that I thought I liked best, YOSD, later on I realized that the perfect size for me is MSD and she was just to small. So I traded her for something better. I loved my first doll, as most people do, but I didn't love her as much as my other dolls, and as soon as I realized that, I let her go to a better home. :3nodding:

12. Wow. I haven't logged onto this account in literally years but I happened to get nostalgic about my dolls today and wanted to see when I bought my first. Apparently my oldest (Musedoll Re-che) is from 2012. I have all three of my dolls still but they have been tucked into their boxes for a long time. I am the sentimental type that will never ever sell them (at least the first two), even though I haven't been active in this hobby for years.

13. Mine was Aidolls Hani, she is still with me now! Altho super yellowed, i still love her alot!

14. My first bjd was a Custom House Uriel although I think I also bought a CH Ceebee at about the same time and can't remember which arrived first... both were sold after I'd collected a fair few Custom House dolls then discovered Volks. I know where the Ceebee is now, but Uriel went to Ebay.

I have a husband who says that new dolls must be paid from the sale of old dolls, but my collection is at a place where everyone has a character and is irreplaceable...so...it just keeps getting bigger or no new dolls if no funds...

15. My first doll is dollzone-Robin and fortunately I still have him. He is a gift from my father for my 18th birthday so he really means a lot to me. In a sense, my father as cultivated my love for BJD.

For five years I have bought many dolls and also sold a lot. But I think I will never sell Robin.

16. Hana is still here, a DZ feilian that I got on 2006. Her character changed quite a bit and I'm planning to update the body, they improved so much! The only thing holding me back is skin tone and what I'll do with the old body lol

[​IMG]

17. I have her head, but have long since sold her body!

18. I only joined the hobby a couple of years ago, but I do still have my first doll. When I made the decision to buy my first doll, I did a lot of research about the hobby and watched a lot of YouTube videos. I knew what I wanted and I ordered it. I've ordered many dolls since then, but I still have my first doll and I don't think I'd ever sell her, even if I needed the space. :)

19. I do! My precious boy <3 CustomHouse Meoloo! I spent weeks and weeks looking for the perfect sculpt for my idea of Peter Pan, and I was so happy when I found him. When I got him out of storage to finally decide if I wanted to sell him, I fell in love all over again LOL aaaa I'll never leave the hobby for good, it seems...

[​IMG]

20. I still have my first doll, an Elfdoll June. I got her in 2009 from a forum member. Poor thing's been stored for so long, I've been thinking of listing her on the marketplace.

[​IMG]