1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still have your first doll?

Oct 25, 2019

1. No, I no longer have my first doll.

He was a 20cm tiny (I don't remember the company, it was back in 2008), and after I got my first 60cm SD (Luts/CP Shiwoo), I realized that I prefer the larger dolls to the smaller ones. His character was a child of 12, and I don't really know what to do with child-dolls. Also, I kept dropping his shoes, his wig, and other parts, so I started carrying him in a sleeping bag when I went out, and it just looked weird for a grownup to be carrying around a teeny, tiny doll in a sleeping bag. :sweat

The SD I got was him at age 35, and I didn't feel bad dressing him in tight rock star clothes and putting him in provocative poses for photoshoots. His 12 year old self was fun for cutesy shoots, but that got old after a while. He went to someone that loves tinies, and I'm sure he's spoiled now, just like I'm spoiling his 35 year old version.

I did get him again in PKF and LTF child sizes, or at least faceplates for him as a child. I might find bodies for them someday.

Ryuichi

#81 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Nov 11, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    2. I do! She’s a Doll Love Nichi. I figure she wouldn’t be worth anything on the secondhand market, and I really am sentimental about her. I still love her sweet face.

She really doesn’t fit in with my other dolls, but I don’t care.

4. The boy in my profile was my first, my other boy was my second. I regret selling two of my previous dolls, but it is what it is.

5. My first doll is long gone. I have no idea where it is now. I sold her to a friend who cut ties with everyone and started fresh one day. I tired visiting them once but they ghosted me and I've respected their choice and stayed away. No idea if they even have it still. It was a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

6. I still have my first doll with me and his name is Valerian. He’s a Akagi doll Tanta. I instantly fell in love with him the moment I saw him in one of my friends post.

I don’t have the plan to sell my first doll because it is important to me. He’s the reason why I started this hobby. And he will be with me till the future. Though there are times that I want to sell him, I still find a way to love him more. And now he’s sitting with the rest of the gang happily.

7. My first doll is an Loongsoul Eleven, he's currently sitting on my dresser!

8. Yup! I still have my first doll which is a DC Russell. He's finally unstrung and getting a rework.

9. Yes. Since 2012. You can see him on my avatar.)

10. I still have my first doll, a Kid Delf Cherry from Eluts, I got her about 12 years ago.

11. I still have my first doll - he's a Dollzone Mo and he's 10 years old :)

12. Yes! This December will mark 13 years with her (now yellow) butt. :XD:

13. I still have my first doll which I bought second hand at an anime convention. She is an island Amy. Since, she is an msd size I don't plan to sale her in the future.
      I just bought a China cabinet style cabinet with glass doors to store all of mine in. They were in my spare bedroom before and didn't come out that often. But now, they are in my living room and I change their outfits all of the time.

14. Yip. Both my boy and girl arrived on the same day, even though they were ordered at different times from different companies. It was 2005 and they were a Dollzone Megi and a Dream of Doll DOC Tender Zen.

Megi will be getting a new face-up this year and hopefully modded with magnets in this headcap. You know a doll is old then they still have the evil finger pinching headcap. :XD:

Zen still has her original factory peach face-up and just needs to be restrung at this point. She'll be getting a new wig, eyes and clothes though. (She's been stubborn about being styled, and has spent most of her time in her underwear) :sweat

They're still nostalgic for me and I'd love to get the DOCs I couldn't afford at the time to join Zen. I have most of the old school DZs I wanted, except for Feilian.

15. My first dolls are other people's first dolls that they sold, including my beloved ubiquitous KDF Bory, "Annix", who belonged to Spite and Malice. He's hella yellow but he's not going anywhere. Bory was my sculpt kryptonite when I saw him eight years ago though I've only owned my Annix for a couple of years. Him and my DZ Megi (waves at @Kaname Kimura ) are my babies. The one nice thing about buying dolls from people here is they all come with stories and were loved and treasured.

16. Yep, he's still hanging around; sorry Deej, you ain't going anywhere. From 2006 to beyond!

17. I still have mine. He's a Resinsoul Wu. I've had him for 8 years now, and I have no intention of letting him go.

18. I do have my first doll! He is a Crobidoll Nao that I got off of Ebay in 2014 after first discovering BJDs. He wasn't in excellent condition when I purchased him, I'm afraid, and it can be very hard, even impossible to pose him sometimes, but I am never going to give him up (never going to let you down!). I'm very attached to him.

19. Nope, my DZ Yuu was sold along with most of the rest of my original group years ago as I found sculpts that better fit my characters. The funny thing is that I thought I was going to be sticking to adult versions after that, but somehow I ended up replacing nearly all of my kids' group with new sculpts too... :sweat (My AoD Qian being the one remaining exception.)

20. I don't have mine anymore because my collection evolved and I didn't feel as invested in her anymore, but I gave her to my mom a few Christmases ago and she still has her :)