1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take along your dolls on holiday?

Jun 8, 2014

1. Hello,
      I like to always have a doll in hand even on vacations. I do not show them to my family, it's my secret garden (with you!), But this year, in Italy, I dared to go out my littlefee in public! Maybe because no one knows me abroad! I had my realpuki, easy to take in a handbag, but finally it is the 1/6 the most photogenic and in my bag wrapped in bubble paper no worries. I will not take the risk with msd, and it requires more organization.
      You may think that this is ridiculous, but i love have one doll with me All the time, like a blanket.

[​IMG]Mi-Mi à Pize by alixir1, sur Flickr

2. I might take something as small as a yosd, but I would leave my msd at home personally!

3. Just small ones:)
      [​IMG]

4. It would largely depend on how long I'm gone, how far I'm traveling, and if I'm staying somewhere maids are likely to come in and clean.

If I'm gone a long time but I'm close to home and in something like a cabin that only me/friends/family can access, then I'll bring them. If I'm gone a short time I likely wouldn't bother. If I'm traveling and going to be out a lot then I also wouldn't bother.

I have a major issue with other people torching my stuff though... and when I was a kid we went to Disneyland and stayed in a hotel there. I know they where just trying to be nice, but they set up this amazing display with my plushies that I had at the time. I was young so it made me cry, as I have always been fairly shy and it bothered me that they used my stuff without my permission. Nice thought, but it bothers me when people don't think about how they might be invading other peoples personal space. So I'll never bring anything personal to a hotel unless I have too.

5. We took our SDs and MSDs on vacation with us to the beach this last year. My parents thought my wife and I were nuts for packing them up in the car. Although we didn't get them out the whole time, we did take lots of pictures that turned out very pretty. I probably wouldn't do it again, though. Or if I did, I'd only take one MSD like Zenith, who already goes everywhere with me. It was a little stressful trying to keep the bouncing doggo and the kiddos away from them.

6. it depends on where i was going....it also depends on whether i would have time to play with my dolls (know like take pics and stuff) and ive already decide when i get my doll and descent carrier i'm bringing him to the hospital with me (its not exactly a holiday but still :XD:) i wonder if i could get some pics in the hospital gardens.....

7. I would love to bring them on vacation but all my dolls are over 60 cm so it is too heavy for me to carry even one around.
      But I am waiting for a IOS Ciel Phantomhive Erithacus Dress Ver. and I heard that he is rather small and light so I hope I can bring him to my future UK trip this year.

8. I would take both or one on holiday depending on where I'm going, and how much other stuff I'd be doing on the holiday!
      Would make for some great shots in a different locations! :D

9. I hadn't even considered taking my doll anywhere until I read about it here on DoA. It sounds like fun, and I know my boy would love to tag along with me, rather than sit at home alone! Longer trips (flights, particularly) worry me, though. I don't know that a 65-cm doll would fit comfortably or safely in carry-on luggage, and I'd be a little paranoid packing him in my suitcase.
      Some new scenery would be pretty great, though.

10. I haven't been on a real vacation (as in a trip that lasts more than a day or is even out of the state) since I was young. But I am planning to eventually get a little 15-17 cm doll that I can carry around in my purse with me all the time once I figure out what doll to shell the character I have in mind with.
      So yes, I'd most likely take even a larger doll with me if I went on a trip.

11. I'd consider it if the vacation was just me and my husband, and mainly for the purpose of taking lots of photos in a new place. However, most of our vacations are big family vacations with the entire extended family in one big house or block of hotel rooms. Too many little kids around, and no down time.:shudder

12. I can't even imagine this right now. One of my dolls just face planted the other day and ended up with a scratch on his cheek. :abow: The little bastard has never even left my room! He was sitting on my bed and just... I don't know, had a beer when I wasn't looking? :drool I'm not ready to take my dolls anywhere. Too afraid. I wish I was as brave as you guys. I would LOVE to take pictures in different settings.

13. I'd probably only take my Lydie (70cm) with me, as she is the most adventurous and well travelled dolls! That is, assuming I ever leave the house. I don't trust myself to keep a good eye on my tiny dolls, and overall I just think big dolls look better in photos.

14. I see people taking pictures of their dollfies on trips all the time, especially in Japan. I get so jealous! Considering I have a lot of doll-oriented locations in mind, I think I would take Mirai with me.

15. (I'm so silly)
      How do you transport your dolls? Where have your dolls been already? I'd love to know everything about it ♥

I'm going to Japan in about three weeks and I'm not sure if I should take my Littlefee with me or not u///u I would really like to take some photos there with her but on the other hand I'm scared that she get's stolen or damaged o///<

#195 Theru, Apr 20, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    16. Wow I would definetely take her with me! in Japan it's most likely that someone gives it back to you if you lose her, it's not common to see pickpockets or similar. I would always make her wear something with your contact info, like a necklace or something stuck somewhere, just in case. But I would totally go for it!

17. @Naisha Thank you for your answer ♥ I'll definetly follow your advice with the necklace! That's a really good idea ♥

18. Issun, my 11cm Elf Elly Banji, usually travels with me. He hangs out in a padded, oversized sunglasses case, which keeps him from getting banged around in transit.

The little guy's been all over the US, to Canada and to China with me. In a week or so, he'll be joining me on a trip to Japan and South Korea. He's a pretty well-travelled dude. XD

19. I've brought Shiwoo a number of different places. He's old and already damaged, so I'm not as concerned with him as I am with some of my other dolls. In march he came to the Dominican Republic with me and made for some funny pictures with how the room cleaners posed him on the bed. XD

20. I brought a couple of MSDs across the country when I was visiting friends in Oregon a couple of years ago. One of them was packed up in a cushion in my carry-on and the other was seated in my "purse" (aka the bag in the luggage set designed to fit under the seat). They both made the trip just fine and both stayed at my friends' house the whole time, but as they're collectors, too, half the fun of bringing them there was "introducing" our dolls :whee:

I'm going back again this summer and we're all going to Resin Rose, so I have to bring dolls with me! The hardest part is deciding which ones :sweat