1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take along your dolls on holiday?

Jun 8, 2014

1. I'm going to UK next week with my family and my SD girl. I just want to know if anyone has ever taken pictures in historical buildings e.g The Tower of London or inside a museum or church (of course ONLY when photography is allowed!) ?? Is that OK to do some quick shoots in those tourist spots? I will not use flashlight and tripod...I brought my doll to Japan once and took some pictures in shrines and it was completely fine...but it's Japan ^_^ Europe might work in a different way.
      I'm not sure if I'd be swept out of the building for that...

2. I would love to bring a doll, with me on a trip and take awesome pictures with it. But I don travel a lot maybe only once or twice a year with my family. If not BJD I'll bring a diff doll which I wouldn't mind damaging or getting lost.

3. Ahh id love to take them on holidays, especially to disneyland. disney is my most favorite place in the world (its the happiest place in the world duh), and i feel like dolls would be really fitting there for some reason. But id take them anywhere I am really. I now have a fear of losing my dolls while im away, so next time ill just take them with me regardless.

4. I love the idea of it and think about it every time I travel. However I'm always afraid one of them getting lost or damaged. I almost brought my resin soul boy with me on the extended vacation in on right now, but I'm so happy I didn't because TSA actually broke my bag! I'm shocked the bottle of wine I brought made it, but I would have had heart failure if he was in there and my bag came off the belt the way it did. Sure, I could have put him in my carryon but I've had airlines throw that under the plane and break my things at boarding too. It's a real shame. I could have taken some really awesome pictures with him here. Maybe I'll take him on my text road trip, but planes are too scary.

5. i usually use a outting bag( i dont exactly know what it is called) or just use a tripod bag to carry my dolls around

6. I always take them on vacations, my dolls have each traveled with me to Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, the US and Canada.

However, I did not take Volks SD17 Ryoma Sakamoto with me when I visited Ryoma shrine in Kyoto (Kyoto Ryozen Gokoku Shrine). I went backpacking to view Cherry Blossoms, I stayed in inns and hostels, security was a concern. I felt a sense of deep regret as I climbed up to the shrine without Ryoma and Kenshin (F38). A Japanese family who guided me to the shrine that day felt that I should have brought the 2 dolls, both Ryoma and Kenshin, not just Ryoma. Even if I had to carry them up the hill, I should! :oI let out a laugh in shock, I almost told them that I am after all, not Japanese and my level of loyalty to the Ishin Shishi is not the same as that of a Japanese. I won't carry two SD17 dolls up that shrine! Of course, I was courteous not to say that to my guides but I was sorry I did not bring Ryoma and Kenshin.

I now make it my ambition to one day visit Sendai and bring SDGr Date Masamune with me to Date's shrine. Last week, I managed to acquire Date Masamune in the Volks web event, this should be the first step to realizing my goal. Now, I have to save money, I won't be backpacking this time. I will visit the beautiful Matsushima islands one day with Date.

Here's Henry Reisner at the Mercer Museum in Doylestown Pennsylvania.
      [​IMG]

#206 stargazer_i, Sep 11, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    7. Yes!
      I almost always take one of my dolls when I travel (I have even taken 3 of my girls on a business trip with me). Although I am super paranoid about something happening to them I want to take pictures of them in fun places instead of them always being in my apartment so on vacation they go.

8. Actually, I do. I purchased a doll-carrying-bag for my 70cm SD boy and took him with me on my last trip to italy a few days ago. I didn't want to miss the chance to take photos with him. It felt good to have him with me, but it is really hard to take the big dolls on a journey xD I plan on taking a smaller doll with me next time. I hope I'll be able to attend Ldoll this year and I am definitely going to take one of my dolls with me (Hopefully Skully when she arrives in time :3nodding:)

9. i would be terrified lol ..... getting lost, damaged, stolen, all three .... especially if you're traveling to a foreign country where there's even less chance than the already small percentage you have of getting a stolen or lost doll back :shudder they're just too expensive and fragile for me to be anything but afraid about them lol.

buuuuuuuuut ..... i think it would be tonnes of fun .... and id like to, maybe, if i can ever work up the courage <:3 maybe when i can finally get my bigger dolls out of storage i'll scrape up the will to take them outside to somewhere closer. where i live there are a lot of gardens, victorian cemeteries, historical monuments, etc within fairly easy reach--even a rocky beach a few minutes' walk away! so lots of photo opportunities if i wasn't such a coward about it lol.

10. Unfortunately when I have holidays, it's to visit family. My husband's family. As much as I love his family they have a very "if we don't think it's important, it's not and we will act accordingly" attitude. I don't know why and they have apologized in the past for stepping all over my boundaries when it comes to my dolls, but I've learned that a couple of nice photos isn't worth my dolls safety. Though, if it were just me and my husband on an actual holiday together I would love to take at least the tinies with me.

11. I leave my dolls at home *_*I worried risk of damage

12. I have thought about it! I have a pukifee that I could transport easily so she’d be a good candidate. The only trouble would be me worrying about them getting damaged haha... also I don’t know how much time I’d have to dedicate to taking pictures of my dolls. All that stress would be for nothing. If I was traveling to meet up with a friend that also has dolls I’d definitely make the effort. It would be sooooo much fun to take pictures together with two times the dolls!!

13. I took my MSD to Japan and Thailand. No problem so far.

14. I absolutely will, primarily for pictures. I'm already planning on taking Autumn (5StarDolls Elaine) with me to Arizona when I go to visit my girlfriend specifically to take photos of her when we drive up to New Mexico to visit the Meow Wolf gallery.

15. I haven't brought my dolls on holiday as of yet because I haven't been able to get clothes for them before I was able to leave. (And I don't want to drag my ladies with me when they're half-naked!)

This holiday season I expect to have at least one of my ladies ready for travel, so I'm looking into how to safely wrap her during flight/transit. Going to bring her on a carry-on but am looking into different types of cases for MSDs so she won't get damaged.

16. When mine's finished, I might take her along to conventions if there's a doll meet/panel scheduled, but since most of my other vacations are family affairs, I would not trust my little cousins (and most especially not trust the niece that's due in January) around expensive objects that could be mistaken for playthings.

17. I plan on taking my doll to Vancouver with me this winter but I don't have a carrier bag yet so I'm a little worried about how to take my doll with me on the flight. Also right now I only have one doll but when I get my other Bory, it will be hard to decide if I take one or both on trips with me.

18. Not quite a holiday I guess but I have a surgery coming up soon that's out of state and best believe I will be paying extra for carry on bags to take all my dolls with me lol. I also want to take travel photos with them and do a little bit of photography with them in the new state before the surgery so I think it will be worth lugging them along. Of course I'd also take them on any other trips I went on too! Or at least some of them.

19. So my family and I are going to New York in a few weeks, and half of me wants to bring my girl with me for the amazing photo opportunities, while the other half does not want to risk her getting stolen or damaged.

Would you take yours with you on vacation?

20. Yes! I wouldn't pass up the opportunity! If your fear is only with them being lost or broken, dont let that stop you. I'm assuming this will be your first stim traveling with dolls so travel light. Maybe 1 and a smaller size to make it easy. Wrap everyone nice and tight and grab a soft blanket or pillow for catching dolls if they fall during shoots. Get a carrying case that can be locked and keep an eye on it just like you would any other personal belonging.