1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take along your dolls on holiday?

Jun 8, 2014

1. I just got back from sunny Majorca (I live in the UK) and missed my dolls so much :( I arrived home to a new tiny though - I think I'll bring him to the next one ^_^

2. I haven't been on any vacations since I've started, but I do really hope to take my pukifee along places. I basically got a pukifee 'cause fun travel size. I see others doing it and I think it be fun to take pictures. Specially when there isn't anything really fun to take her to around here.

3. I take at least one of my OT dolls with me and increasingly my Tiny Delf

4. i would take my dolls on holiday but it just depends where, if i was going to a bjd market or convention then i would definitely bring a doll

5. I would LOVE to take my dolls with me on vacation, or just around beautiful San Diego! However, I'm super afraid of breaking them and I don't have any carriers right now. The two places I'm travelling this summer are not good doll spots. First I'm going to see my bestie and she is terribly creeped out by dolls and has said in the past she'd have to smash it with a hammer before she could sleep if one was in her house. XD The other place I'm going is to visit my family in Oklahoma, and my mother smokes, and I do NOT want that around my dolls. And she has dogs and cats, who are NOT the most careful creatures on the planet (and really spoiled). I'm going to San Diego Comic Con next week, and I'm trying to decide if I'm taking a doll. I don't have a carrier, as I said, but I'm thinking I might be able to wrap up my MSD in the pillows she was shipped in and a fluffy towel, and put her in my padded laptop case to take her to the BJD panel!

6. I alway take a doll or two when I go in vacation. It's an opportunity to take nice pictures in a different place.

7. The holiday pictures in the thread are adorable! But I don't think I'd want to travel with a doll unless it's specifically to do photography. Airport security, the weight, the stress would be too cumbersome for *holiday*! Plus a doll takes up storage if I want to buy anything on my trip!

8. the reason for me to get into tiny BJDs is because just so i can carry them around with me more often haaha

9. I don't have any photos yet, but I do plan on taking my dolls with me places on the holidays! :D

10. I have one tiny doll that goes on all my "adventures" with me. It's just easier to do with a tiny, even if I only squeeze in one or two photo opportunities, it's better than none and once I'm home it seems to have added a little something special to my vacation/trip/whatever. :)

11. Yes of course ! :D
      When I go to holidays for few days or one weeks, I take one or two BJDs with me for picture and other ^^ but when I go for 1 month I take all my BJDs ! I put them in a suitcase and hop x)

12. I leave my dolls at home. I wouldn't have time for a doll on vacation anyway. I have a 6 year old daughter and when I'm on vacation, it's all about her and family time with my husband and daughter. I have plenty of doll time when she's at school. :)

13. I don't travel a lot, but when I do I take my dolls. I keep thinking it would be cool to make my dolls a fancy tent, maybe a yurt, or a medieval pavilion covered in Celtic knotwork or heraldry, so they can camp with me, when I go to SCA events.

14. Depends. I took my BJD camping with me during the 4th of July!

15. it depends. I usually travel (if already bc I hardly ever travel;) with other people, most of them being totally uninterested in the bjds. And it's a pain the the neck to have a human bending over you photographing the damn doll constantly moaning things like: "Omg, you've taken already sooo many photos, can we go now?!" So... I always keep them at home/dorm place.

Plus, when I plan things it's alright, but I have this ill luck with co-travellers who like to take tons of stuff when travelling and walk miles instead of getting a taxi, because "it should be too far from here, so we can walk", so I prefer to keep my dolls at home waiting for me <3

Plus, the constant stress of damaging them or having them stoles :/ not for me ;)

16. I take my dolls with me only when traveling along.

17. Sometimes I do, yeah! I usually stick to only bringing one (and therefore agonize over who gets to go), for simplicity's sake, and if I expect to do a LOT of running around and sightseeing, I may skip the doll entirely. (So I think it's both impressive and crazy that Molliebean brought hers to Disneyland, for instance.) But if it's a more relaxed trip, for instance hanging out in a cabin in the woods, I'll bring one and have some fun taking nature shots. I've also brought dolls to conventions and festivals, though again I only typically carry one around at a time--and really only do it if I'm either going home when the event is over, or the hotel is in walking distance, because sometimes your arms totally need a break.

18. I would take one doll or maybe 2 if i could just all depends where i am going. If it was abroad i would be very worried about the plane journey but if it was an england trip i would most def take them, id miss them if i didnt

19. I would love to but tbh its too much to worry about specially if im going with other people.. I took a nendorid with me on a trip to hawaii and i almost lost her parts and my camera got damged so i dont know that i would do it again

20. Yes! I love to take my dollies away when I travel, specially if I'm going to a new place with beautiful environments.
      Lately I only have been taking my little one because she is so portable, but I also like to take the big ones for nice trips.