1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take along your dolls on holiday?

Jun 8, 2014

1. I would most definitely love to bring my dolls out for holidays but sadly i have no chance to so far. If i really bring them for a holiday depending on the location and the luggage i will be bringing with me i will have to pick between yosd, msd and sd. I feel that yosd are easier to carry around and much lighter than sd and thus their weight also pays a part in whether i will be bringing them to the location.

2. When collecting pullips I would often take one or two with me on vacation so I can have a chance to photograph them in a new place. I haven't had a chance to take my msd anywhere since I just received her but if another vacation comes my way after she's complete she will definitely have to travel with me.

3. Sometimes, i took my Hujoo Berry on holiday as she is small and durable. Id feel nervous taking out a resin doll in case something happened.

4. Yep! I'd take them to my grandma's home. She'd love to hold my dolls and take photos. My two boys are a part of my family.

5. The only way I would take my dolls on holiday would be if it were a driving trip and I could leave them safely hidden in the trunk/boot of my car. I would never take them if I were staying in a hotel.

I attended a Barbie collector's convention one time and dolls were stolen from people's rooms. The people who took the dolls were hotel employees. The thieves were arrested, but many of the dolls were still missing. It was horrible. I had 3 of my own dolls stolen at the time. They were a group I'd modded and dressed to look like Arabian Nights characters, and I'd planned to enter them in the doll dressing contest. I never got my dolls back.

6. I've taken my dolls into hotels plenty of times, with no problems. You just have to be smart about it. Don't put them anywhere unsecured and unattended, and don't ever take off the do not disturb sign on your door. The groups I stay with for conventions leave the sign up all weekend, and never lose any of the high-value items we bring with us.

Putting up that sign is an easy way of declining maid service (And likely more reliable at a busy event than requesting the same with the front desk, though you can also do that). With that sign up, only you/your roommates can enter. Housekeeping staff will come back to see if the sign is still up, then leave a note telling you they skipped your room.

Admittedly, you have to be okay with keeping up after yourself, but if you need things like fresh towels, you can get those on request, and you can leave trash/towels in the hall in the morning. It works well, honestly, and dolls are only one of the expensive things in our rooms. Probably the least obvious, too, since there's also cash, computers, and gaming systems in there, too.

7. I like to bring my dolls everywhere!
      I've brought Colin (a tiny) more places because of his easy size.
      Ex: summer trip which consisted of 2 museums, the zoo, a movie, lots of restaurants, a safari-like tour, looking at all the Wright Brother stuff, and tons and tons of road time because it was a road trip.
      But I have brought Rain (SD) through the airport with me for Christmas, and I plan on doing that will all my boys again this year ;)

8. If I ever went on holiday I'd probably take one along. But I've never been on holiday ever so..... Lol

9. This summer holidays I will be taking my Doll with me on Vacation ^___^ so I am pretty excited, because we are also going to an amusement Park.

10. I always take one or two with me when I visit or go to cons :D

11. I'm going to be on vacation in late August, but I don't have a doll yet. Still, if I can afford her before the trip she may be going with me. Even if I have her by then, if she doesn't go with me on that trip, she'll be coming to a small anime convention with me. I so hope I can afford her soon; a trip to Disneyworld isn't cheap. :XD:

12. I took my doll with me to a family trip once, had her always where I can keep my eyes on her. The hotel employees get searched in and out of their jobs (it's hard to leave a tip for them) so I guess it's a bit safe to keep her hidden when asking for room service.

https://flic.kr/p/GMwvzc
      https://flic.kr/p/GMww7p

13. I would! Mainly for photo purposes. If I went international, it would be in my carry on. I doubt I'd be too worried about losing it, though.

14. I don't have my doll yet but I am already planning a shooting on the beach with her next year. I would not take bigger dolls with me when I go on vacation though. I'd be super scared they may break or get lost and also my luggage is already heavy enough when I go on vacation for two weeks xD

15. I'm sitting on a beach right this minute with two BJD in my bag. I've taken pics (sadly not good enough to share) and I plan to take more once the sun goes behind the clouds again.

I always travel with at least one toy, and since I started collecting these dolls, they are my usual traveling companions.

16. I love road trips, I really don't like flying much. So packing space wise is a not an issue at all, specially since I have so much practice with my family packing for vacation each summer that is a month long at a cabin. We've become experts at saving space. I mostly travel though for vacation, holidays, and getting to and from home and campus. I think my grandma would kill me if I didn't bring my doll with next time I see her. I've kinda roped my whole family into this hobby.

17. i dont think i would take a doll with me overseas, or to a resort oranything like that... theres just too big of a risk of the doll being stolen or damaged, and they would take up so much luggage room! but if im going on a family trip (and cause im boring, i usually consider those holidays anyway), then i may take just one, cause we would be staying at a safe, familiar place~

18. i brought a 1/6 to japan in summer, maybe 1/4 is also fine but the large size dolls are too heavy to me~

19. @Molliebean Neuschwanstein, what a gorgeous place to take one's doll on holiday, beautiful photo.

I think that photographing dolls outside brings so much more realism to a photo. Seeing them looking out to sea or watching the Tour de France go by, adds so much more than indoor photography. I've only had mine a week but as photography is a hobby I'm intending to take her out quite often for a photo-shoot.
      I'll also get some kind of carrying case, a tripod bag looks promising, because I'd be nervous of damaging her during travelling.

20. Well well well ... ! I hope I will :D I have them for too less time, I didn't have any holidays for now. But yes, that's a thing I would like to do. I'm sure it can be very fun to take some pictures of them when we're away, and share it with friends, after that :D