1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

do you take off your dolls shoes when at home?

Oct 7, 2011

1. I... haven't never thought about. Sakarias has shoes on when I feel like it. Never thought about is he inside a house or not. xD

2. Usually I keep their shoes on, mostly so I can keep track of the shoes. xD My girl is a little wobbly too, so having her shoes is usually helpful with support for standing.

I hadn't thought of taking the shoes off before- good discussion question!

3. I like to leave my dolls shoes on to help protect their feet from scratches/yellow/etc.

4. they don't have shoes .____.
      but for those who had at least a pair, most of the time I don't make them wear it since it's a bit harder to make them pose with shoes one because I can't control the foot as much.

5. This is strangely relevant to how I keep my dolls. Sometimes, I will keep them in shoes because they look "complete" with shoes on; however, I end up leaving their shoes off just out of habit sometimes. When I had other dolls, I used to leave their shoes off. I think this is because I like to go shoeless.

When I took my first doll out, she wore shoes - in part because of the look of "completeness", but also because I didn't want her feet to get dirty with whatever could stain the resin. When taking my dolls out, shoes are more for protection against the elements rather than sheer aesthetics.

But like I said, at home, they're usually shoeless.

Guess what item of clothing is the first to go missing?

6. I leave the shoes on to complete the look.....besides, the shoes are so awesome :fangirl:

7. take them off..since they're black, it might stain on my doll's feet..

8. I honestly don't see the point in going through the trouble of taking shoes off (especially if you have many dolls) when inside and then putting them back on to go out. They're not real people, they won't go stomping their dirty shoes on the rug so I don't bother removing them unless I'm changing their pants and have a need to. I also agree with those who feel that shoes also make the entire look 'complete' so another reason to keep them on. Currently only 2 of my dolls don't wear shoes, one because I simply haven't been able to buy him any yet and the second being that he has hooves (though I do think somehow getting him some little 'horse shoes' someday would be flippin adorable).

9. Mine always wears shoes, I just think it looks better overall.. But if he's in a super comfy outfit or pj's then he'll be barefoot or wearing socks.

10. I am still not too well equipped clothing-wise. It may sound a bit silly: At the moment, Julian wears no shoes (although he has a really nice pair of boots), because I still have not changed his socks (I will adapt some of my daughter's thin baby socks).

Myself, I could not wear boots without socks. Thus Julian does not have to, too.

But this may change as soon as I can address to his socks.

11. I only take the shoes off when my dolls are not wearing socks. I'm worried about the stain. ^^"

12. Yep, my doll usually goes shoe-less while at home, and wears shoes when outside. But I only have one doll at the moment, so he gets fussed over quite a bit.

13. Well... Looking at them now, one of them wears shoes, the other one doesn't and the third doesn't have any feet (only a tail phin) so the question doesn't really apply to the last one. XD In other words. It's pretty random. I've never thought about taking their shoes on or off, but then again I almost never take them outside, so perhaps that's why it hasn't crossed my mind.

But if I were to bring them outside I would put shoes on their feet. And if I posed them on the ground, I most probably would take their shoes off when we got inside again to clean them. Then I most probably wouldn't bother putting them on again either until we were going outside again... So bottom line: If I took them outside on a regular basis, I would have taken their shoes off inside. :) But as I don't it's pretty random whether they have shoes or not. :D

14. WOAH this is something I have never thought about! It boggles my mind thinking about taking dolls shoes off when theyre not outside, which implies they use the shoes, they walk etc! ;)
      I sometimes put shoes on them, sometimes I dont. Sometimes I take them out of the house and they have shoes on, sometimes they dont.

15. None are mine are wearing shoes. They're at home! That's just me though. I think if you're at home, you should be comfortable. And that means no shoes! They only wear shoes when I take them out.

16. Actually I do. For a couple of reasons.

Some of my dolls stay on the bed and sometimes at night I've accidentally rolled over on one. Doll shoes are not comfortable, neither are doll feet but you can't crush a doll foot. I have, however, crushed a nice pair of doll boots. :( In addition to not crushing doll shoes I would also like to refrain from scuffing them up. For example, Issac has a really nice pair of Leekeworld boots. I am careful while carrying him around the house but I really don't want to ruin those boots. Safer to keep them a box if he is not going outside for photos or whatever. Also the dolls who stay on my bed go outside for photo shoots I'd rather not have dirty shoes in my bed.

If they are not staying on my bed they usually keep their shoes on.

17. Most of mine keep their shoes on because it's just easier. Some of them aren't the easy zip up the back type and I spend a lot of time unlacing them and lacing them up again when I put them on. Those ones take so long that once they're on I'd rather not bother. All of them have socks so I'm not concerned about staining from the shoes, and I'd be more concerned about staining to their feet or my cat randomly deciding to snack on toes if they weren't wearing something.

Two of them have hooves though so they don't really count. And one of my newest tinies doesn't have shoes at all. I'm currently obsessed with making sure his feet stay clean so I'd almost rather that they keep shoes on.

18. I take my girl's shoes off when she's home, but it's not because of any personal hangup--it's because she's vinyl and they're lined in black, so it's a stain recipe. (Stupidly found that one out the hard way.) So it's shoes off in the house for her!

19. This is much the same for me, although it does depend on the doll. I used to remove their shoes when they were inside, because I do myself and they didn't look relaxed enough, but I'm shifting towards preferring they look good rather than look casual, if that makes sense :sweat. In one way or another, I think culture is going to be reflected in choices like this, and I don't see why that would be a negative.

20. No. Of the one doll of mine that actually wears them, she never takes them off unless changing clothing requires such. They're kinda a pain to take on and off, and so often they're more useful on than off that I just leave em on. Funny, the rest of my crew is actually barefoot- one is a fairy, the other doesn't care for shoes though she'd like a nice pair of geta which are kinda difficult to find, and the other is an anthro who doesn't need them. Lol