1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take your dolls out ?

Mar 12, 2017

1. A long time ago I took out two SDs and I quickly learnt that it's not as fun as I'd hoped it would be. They got to be too heavy too fast! I've since taken tinies out with me to local nature reserves and that's more doable, but with a preference for larger dolls, I usually don't get much further than my own garden.

2. No, they stay in my bedroom on the shelf. I get nervous about something happening to them!

3. I really want to, because you can exploit some beautiful scenery outside and take awesome pictures! (while exquisite indoor furnishings made specifically for BJDs can be REALLY costly. ) but I'm scared of yellowing, it's like I accept the fact that my dolls are gonna yellow one day but just want to slow down the process as much as I can.

4. I would kind of like to but I haven't, mostly because I'm terrified of my own clumsiness and I'm afraid I'll break him. But also because I'm not wild about the possibility of having to field questions from curious strangers about what I'm doing. I got enough of that kind of thing when I used to dress more gothy and its just kind of a pain.

5. I would love to.... but like a lot of people, I'm scared of being looked at/asked questions. A lot of people on here have said that they don't mind questions as long as they're nice, but I don't lol. I'm too shy and introverted that I would just want people to leave me alone hahahaha. If I did go out with a doll I'd probably put earbuds in and listen to music as a kind of "do not disturb" sign lol

6. I don't really have anywhere I would take my doll out. My current workplace isn't an option (though I once took her to my old workplace to show her off!) and I tend to get things delivered to my house. I'm just not sure where I would take her. I'd also be afraid of something happening.

7. The only place I took my doll outside of the flat is the corridor so far. :sweat A group of people walked by when I photographed, but I tried not to get in the way. There was just a casual greeting, and they haven't mentioned anything, but when they left, one of them said "do well!" I think that was said to me.

I would like to take photos outside though, and I don't really care about what people think. I'm only bothered by things that I myself find embarrassing. There were even a few times when I was more conspicuous, like when I had to take part in a parade and after that I walked home barefoot in a folk dress, or when I wore homemade donkey ears and a tail (it was a school thing) on the way to high school. :lol: I think if you let society tell you what you should be ashamed of, you let society win. And even though I'm a rather shy and not outgoing person, I just can't let that happen. ;)