1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take your dolls out ?

Mar 12, 2017

1. @Alchemical - I understand, I have edited a thread of the parenting life combined to this hobby and some people answered on this. Courage ! :)

@thepizzaholic - Oh okay, like me !

@CloakedSchemer - I see, it's sure that if you do faceup by yourself it's less bothering (for the protection). I admire people who do their own faceup. To get out your dolls it's certain that it's better to show them on meet ups. :thumbup

@ChristinasDream - Don't be worry, it's not a problem, like you I'm afraid of this but it's maybe normal.

@Miyu - It's a choise, I respect it. :) I don't often get out mine too.

@redsixwing - What a great experience ! I never gone to dolls conventions, it must be so cool.:kitty1

@Birju_Lachi - I haven't any friend in this hobby, that must be funny to take photo shoot with a friend !

@lillievon - Okay ! You'll tell me how it happenned in the library !

2. @Yu-kun it's an anime convention, but there tends to be a doll panel, so people bring their pretties along. I actually did that for two years before getting my own doll, so it's a big part of what drew me into the hobby! :D

3. Oh ok, I see. In my country there aren't many people who show their dolls in anime conventions (except dolls like pullip). That's why I don't take mine because I think it's not appropriate for the situation and I'm afraid of seeing my dolls broken after that or something like that... But I think I can do it in special conventions or in specificals meet ups. :3nodding:

4. I don't plan on bringing my doll out with me unless I'm attending a convention or a meetup. Even that makes me kind of nervous though because I don't see myself being comfortable with letting other people handle her and I don't want to come across as rude.

I may also take her outside for photography but I'm concerned about having her in the sun for too long, or having her take a face-plant onto a hard/ rough surface. I think I would also be shy about non-doll people seeing me and thinking I'm a weirdo.

These concerns will probably lessen with time and experience... and I'm definitely going to invest in a nice travel bag to help keep her safe. :thumbup

5. I have a YoSD-sized doll in my bag right now. I tend to take a (small) doll with me work when things are really stressful, for moral support. Even though I never take the doll out of the bag, I like knowing that it's there.

And I do take the same size dolls on trips with me, to inspire photos.

6. I don't bring my doll out, they are too big for me for walking with them. May be one day I get one msd :lol:

7. I think the only one I don't take out regularly is my Lusion girl - simply becuase she's so big and heavy.

The rest from SD down to RealPuki size all go places with me - in my workbag to work most often (where they sit on my desk), but they've been to visit friends and family, on trips to historic sites, on picnics, to conventions and historical reenactment events, feasts, Medieval revels, banquets, and markets.

The SD size ones also fit reasonably well into a bear-carrier from build-a-bear so don't always need to be closed up inside a bag, but can be worn in the carrier and leave my hands free. And it makes them a lot easier to get out if there's a photo-opportunity.

Teddy

8. Like you I'm a little bit afraid by seeing my dolls in the hands of a lot if other people and especially when they are non-connoisseur.
      My fist experience out was really unconfortable because I'm so shy and don't like to appear like a "weird" person. . . Even if I am. :lol:
      I need too !

I understand, it's good to know l have my doll with me. :dance

I hope you can get one !

9. There are lucky ! Be able to travel thus, what luxury ! :XD:

10. {grin!} They may not agree that it's luxury - it's not exactly dignified to be carried in what amounts to a baby-carrier.

Teddy

#30 Teddy, Mar 19, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    11. Rhooo, it's better than nothing ! :3nodding:

12. I take my dollfie dream out much more than my other dolls because they are lighter and less sensitive to the sun, I wish I could take my shiro out more @~@

13. I used to take dolls with me everywhere. I haven't had much time or the inclination lately.

14. I just took my SDGr (Tyltyl) to a doll event in Taiwan in early March because my friend said she wanted to meet him. I was carrying him on my back (inside my backpack of course) all day and he was not as heavy as I expected but I was super nervous that I might lose him or damage him or something.
      I am planning to take a smaller one (still a SD size though) with me during my holiday in UK next month:)

15. I'd really love to take my dolls outdoors for photo taking but I'm a bit shy about carrying them out, not to mention that I'm worried about losing or damaging them! I think some people are also worried about yellowing if the dolls are exposed to sunlight outdoors?

The only time I brought my doll out was taking along my little Lati Miel with me when I went on holiday. He is small (about 16cm) so he's portable enough to bring along! I just brought a small cushion with me to protect him in my bag (I literally carried him everywhere for my peace of mind LOL). I took lots of photos with him in public, but most are quick snaps and I dressed him up as a "fluffy" snowman (it was around Christmas time) so people probably just thought he was some kind of plush toy if they don't look closely enough LOL. It wasn't just because that I was shy but also because for safety reason; I didn't want him to get stolen. Like you know, when you don't wear expensive jewelries or flash your cash so I'm also a bit wary of doing things that would "announce" that I'm totting around a couple hundred bucks worth of doll in my bag LOL. I'm just paranoid that way okay lmao.

I do wish I have the courage to bring along my bigger boys outdoors for photo taking though! I've seen beautiful photos of other dolls in natural scenery and they are just so pretty! Wish I had the courage to!

16. I used to take Sock out with me on occasion but now I only take him to cons and meets.

17. Oh I see, I belive you because I can't say anything about DD (I haven't and have never seen). :)

Yep, it depend on what you do. :3nodding:

I imagine, yes ! It must have been so stressful ! I received my first SD65 size today and the only thing I can say is "He's tall". Even if he's "just" a SD65, he takes up space. :sweat I can't imagine with a 70cm and more ! *_*

For me, tiny size are the best for this.:thumbup I cannot help but think of Chobits (:sumomo:) by imagining you with your Lati doll. :XD: It's so cute ! Like a lot of BJD owner, I don't want my BJD yellowing... Take outside his dolls is taking the risk that the sun's rays change their skin tone. :sigh
      And yes, there are beautiful photos of bigger dolls in naturals sceneries. :kitty2

A lot of people take their dolls in cons meetups. I would to do the same but in my country, BJD aren't really famed you know. :sweat

#37 Yu-kun, Mar 22, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    18. I take my dolls out as often as possible. I love taking out door photos, I take them shopping, or to garage sales, or just because. I took two of my MSD on a cross country plain flight. Some people give me odd looks, some ask questions, and some just love them. I used to be nervous taking them out and about wondering what others would think, but then i decided I liked my dolls more than I like most humans, and I got over the fear. My dolls dont judge me for taking them out.

19. What you say is beautiful besides being truthful. :love
      People haven't to judge us. If we want to take our dolls with us, we do. :)

20. The sun is just as bad (if not worse) for humans than it is for dolls, so I wouldn't make the extra effort to take my doll outside. I don't even want to go outside! :lol:

I would take her to conventions though. The thing is I'm usually in school when there are conventions. I don't really have the chance.