1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take your dolls out ?

Mar 12, 2017

1. My backyard is the farthest I'd ever go, I think. My yosd is too precious to take her anywhere else, and my msd is too big and heavy. Maybe one day I'll be reckless enough to take my little girl somewhere (like if I somehow get a duplicate of her sculpt or something) but I don't even know where I'd take her. Seems there are never any meetups/conventions anywhere near wisconsin...

2. Yes sometimes i take one or two of my SD usually to my parents.
      I just take them outside in cloudy days for the sun and UV is really strong here, also in those days the ligth is really good for photos.

3. I love to take my dolls outside for pictures...

Sometimes, if I'm going to Hobby Lobby or some type of craft store, I'll take one to measure up against miniatures for comparison...

And of course, my friend and I live within 15 minutes of each other so we get together monthly for doll meets and I always bring my dolls.

If I'm going to the store, I usually just have one so I carry her right in my hand...

If I'm going to a doll meet, I bring them all so I wrap their heads in bubble wrap and/ or a face protector and lots of pillows and padding.

I like to use their original packaging too if they're small.

Most of my little dolls arrived in some sort of carrying case which works out perfectly.

It's my SD girls I worry about most but I just took them all out last weekend and they all arrived to and from just fine.

I try not to stress too much, always careful not to hit their faces or let them fall.

Outside pics are amongst my favorite to take so I say go for it and have fun!:celebrate

4. I've got a carrying case for transport but I've occasionally just carried them out in my arms. Usually get a few interested people

5. I did it once but it was not a good decision at the end. Not really for my doll but for the clothes I took with me. It was a good place to take pictures. I am sure it was nearly perfect but I lost some parts of my Pukifee Cupid fullset outfit. I thought I collected all and put them back in the box but being back at home I missed some parts.
      This showed me not doing this again. >_<

6. I never took my bjd outdoor, even if i have their carriers. Only my obitsu get to take pics outdoor.
      I guess i don't dare, as i find bjd more "sensitive" and so I only bring them out and take pictures indoor. like in a room or restaurant.
      Never expose them to sun. But i always make sure that they are on their carriers whenever i take them out.

7. I once took Zea out for photos. She ended up getting a bit dirty. So I haven't brought them out since. I'll try to figure out a better way to prevent them from getting dirty first.

8. I don't like to take them outside unless it's just onto the balcony or nearby for photos, I wish I was more adventurous though because I've seen incredible photos of them in nature :love

9. I take my dolls with me everywhere (including at work or to Disneyland). They're 15-16 cm tall, it helps :sweat And they always wear casual clothes, not super expensive outfits. I'm cautious about their face and them not falling (though they've been up trees) and until now they have never been damaged.I love taking photos in unusual spots and having dolls who live their lives.:kitty2

10. I love to take my boy out wherever I go, even though I get glares and comments from my parents, I like the comfort of having my doll!

11. It's new to me, but I just started taking my 72cm boy out for a shoot and it was fun! Looking forward to doing it more

12. Yes, but is easily on getting yellow, so you must protect it carefully.

13. Not so much. Though when my mom was in a nursing home in the city so she could radiation therapy I did take my first up when I went to visit her. Other than that he hasn't really gone anywhere in the 10 years I've had him.

14. I took my girl out for the first time for a meet and felt a little odd, being the first one there. I think I would only take her out for brief photoshoots and doll related events from now on. She has brown skin so I'm also worried about her being in the sun for too long :p

15. I don’t have my doll yet, but I wonder if I will take her out. Probably not often, but I’d like to take some outdoor photos. On the other hand, people might stare and I can be very self-conscious, a fact about myself I discovered in Japan. I’m also paranoid about damaging them or changing their color. It will probably take me a bit to work up the courage!

16. I take my dolls out sometimes when I'm not going far. I just like to ride in the car with them, lol. I usually just seat belt them in and cover their bodies with a jacket when I get out. I don't really take them out of the car, though, but I would to take pictures. Otherwise, I would be way too anxious about other people asking about them or trying to talk to me about them. I prefer to be left alone.

17. I'm easing into taking my first girl out and about with me, but she was the "mascot" for my textile/leather craft table at a con last month!! My first time as a vendor and she was there for morel support. ^-^ It was actually pretty cool, one of the other merchants ran over all exited to talk dolls.

18. the sun's too bright & hot in my country, so no.

19. I don't take my doll out currently, but I'm getting a new one and plan on photographing him lots. I'm planning on buying a hard-shell case so I can safely take him places, and theres a gorgeous hiking trail near my house with a great mountain ridge view I'm dying to photograph him at :D

20. I am currently not much of an outdoors person, so my dolls just stay inside. I typically avoid the sun myself and it's not much different for my dolls. If I want to do a photo shoot, I can always make my own set.