1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take your dolls out ?

Mar 12, 2017

1. I think my porch is the farthest I'd go. I'm too nervous about getting them damaged outside. I'm also a bit shy about people seeing me with dolls haha.

That being said, I absolutely love seeing outdoor pictures of other people's dolls!

2. No, I have no need to. I'm not interested in (doll) photography and simply collect dolls for my own enjoyment just to look at, they are kept in a glass cabinet. I treat them the way I would a wall mural/painting that i'd have hung on the wall. I may change their looks from time to time but I have no desire to take them anywhere with me and risk possible sun exposure or breakage. No one I know collects them and if I did know someone and they wanted to see them they'd be welcome to come around and look at them, but they're not going out of the house.

3. I have not yet take my doll out, and I probably would in the future but not often. Maybe just out for photo shoot and doll meetup.

4. I don't have a problem to take my dolls outside. Sometimes I can take them on vacation, even if I fly to another country. I don't take them with me to crowded places, but I enjoy to take pictures of them in nature.

5. No, but it could be interesting to take some photos someday...

6. I took them out. I even took them travel with me.

7. I have taken them to doll meets, but otherwise they don't leave the house. I don't photograph my dolls often so I really don't feel I have a reason to. They're safe at home where I like to look at them.

8. I took my doll with me to Japan and Thailand.

9. I often photograph my dolls in woods or in garden, so I often take them ouside.

10. Well, I usually take them outside for photos, which usually nearby park, or I go out with friends for BJD photoshoot specifically. I have SD size bad, where I can carry all my three MSDs. Otherwise, I don't randomly take doll out.
      Also, twice I travelled with my doll: to Spain and to Czech, where I live now. However, I've never photoshooted it in Czech and took doll back home.

I am never scared for outside walks, because it's the best way to take decent pics. Of course, there are usually people who ask you about dolls, or it can fall on the ground (which unfortunately happened).

11. When I lived in the countryside it was AMAZING for photo shoots. I would just carry them to my back yard and go crazy even thought about stop motions but recently I moved I put them in their original boxes to transport them my apartment is in a busy area with people walking their dogs and what not so I don't bring them out as often due to the fact there's so much that can go wrong. I got pets myself but they stay out of the room I keep them in. I would like to take them out to a doll meet I still haven't done one yet.

12. I always wanted to take outside doll photos and late last year I started to take small dolls out with me and photograph them and it was such fun. Sadly the weather has been so awful this year I haven't managed to get out with my camera at all but I keep hoping.

13. I used to take Mei out and around my town when I was taking photography classes. I have porphyria, so I can't be in the sun very long regardless of whether I have a doll with me or not, but I found that having Mei outside with me actually helped to make sure that I didn't stay out too long because I was worried about her exposure! I often just ignore my illness in favor of enjoying the outdoors, but with Mei along I can't do that.

14. I usually only take my doll outside for photos, and even then I don't take very long because of the sun or possible damage.. yes I'm paranoid ehe. Also I don't really prefer to show strangers my doll, unless I would be going to a doll meet, which if that were the case then heck yea! I'd take my doll with me all over. :love

15. Sometimes only when me and my friend wants to have a dollfie meet up or for taking new photos.

16. I do, either outside in my yard, with my neighbor's consent in her garden or I go out to other places. My favorite being the museum where I can sneak around and take pictures of my dolls on the displays and such. So much fun to be had with those kinds of antics. I wanted to take them into a conservatory but it was so humid I wasn't sure *I* was going to last the whole trip let alone while managing my bjd's. So they stayed home during that.

I even took my msd boy to a Halloween store and took pictures of him with all the displays. It was so much fun.

Ideally I'd love to take them with me on vacations if the time ever arises.

17. Occasionally. The big ones very, very rarely, but I'm known to drag either one of my two tinies around in my purse at random in case I come across an interesting photo op. I don't worry too much about damage since my pukifee has an eyeglass case for travel and if I bring my mature guy with me I use a hard-sided purse he can easily sit or lay in without issue.

18. I do take my dolls out! Outdoor photography is one of my most favorite things to do with them :). I recently put my tiny in a tree and the photos look adorable :P. I plan on taking one with on vacation too, basically every new place is a new photo op :P.

19. I take my YoSD Millie out very few times. but I hope to take her out more often. We're heading over to the Southern NJ meet up in June and cannot wait for the two of us to head over there with a buddy. XD I hope I can take her out more often for photos though.

20. I’ll take them out to my garden and try to do the photography thing, but I’m really bad at photography! :XD:;; And living in the desert, the sun is always blazing, so I have to try and wait for overcast or cloudy days...

But those days also tend to be super windy. My last attempt had me busting out my mom reflexes more times than I’d like, so I was more focused on catching Aren than shooting good photos. Discouraging, since cloudy days are so rare.

Other than that, though, I don’t take my dolls out. No real reason to. I would love to bring one of them to a meet, convention, or something some day, or maybe if I make a friend in the hobby within driving distance I’d be glad to shuffle my dolls around?
      Last year I DID consider taking one to the mountains for some fun nature shots, but I chickened out. Maybe this year I’ll feel more confident!