1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take your Tiny places??

Jul 9, 2010

1. I thought I would take my pukipuki places for photos and to work. But I'm not only afraid to loose or damage her...honestly, I'm also kind of afraid of what other people will say. I've gotten "creepy doll" comments before and I'm a touch sensitive.

2. Malice goes with me a lot. Actualy today he went with me to Ren Faire in WI. He's the perfect size to put in my bag and carry around. I like having at least one of my dolls with me but James is just too big to carry around with me. Malice I can just put in my purse (box and all) and be on my way. You never know when a good picture opportunity arrives.

3. I usually carry my pukis - theyre very small and less likely to have their eyelashes fall off (they dont have any) or faceup damaged. I kept them in my lipstick compartment in my handbag, but they started getting a little dirty so now I found a coin purse to put them in :) 2 compartments, 1 for each puki. Perfect!

4. I take my Tyni with me in a Hello Kitty metel band aid box. Once I took him out at the hobby shop to see if some doll house furniture fit and lost his little foot. Oh course gentleman that he is I found it was stuck to his bum!

5. I usually take a small one with me places-especially to work, as when the day turns bad, I have a friendly face to cheer me up. Definitely when I have to drive a long distance in the car, too. Usually with a carry case, because my purse is a scarey place to be without a protective barrier between anything and the purse contents!

6. This made me giggle. Of course it was stuck to his bum. LOL

NyXy, my CCC Vampire Fidelia Firefly goes everywhere. I have a Hello Kitty glasses case with handles and she usually takes a toy. My Flickr has loads of her pics out and about, also her blog NyXy'z Natterinz in my signature.

I've had people stop me asking about why I take photos. I explained that she has her own blog with friends worldwide who read it. The fact she's a witch and a Vampire always intrigues them. It's a good conversation starter. Those who have their noses in the air are missing out on the fun, so I don't worry about them.

I usually ask if I can take photos depending on where it is. Most shops are pleased because it's free advertising.

7. I take my two yosd size dolls with me shopping all the time.

8. Oh jeez, a glasses case, how perfect, thanks for the idea. Tyni has grown very tired of his band aid box. And absolutly he takes a toy!

9. I also am new and don't have a BJD yet, but I am primarily interested in tinies- specifically Elfdolls:) I can't wait! I think I will take mine out for awesome outdoor shoots...but I am not sure I would take one in public. I also collect Sylvanian Families- there is a forum where members from around the world send a figure back and forth and the host gives it a 'tour' of their homeland to share with others. It is great fun, and I have wondered what kind of looks I will get when it is my turn and I am caught taking pictures with a tiny flocked puppy in front of local landmarks lol.

10. Sunglass case is the magic word.

They are very, very sturdy, easily contain most tinies and a bunch of clothes, no strange looks if you carry a sunglass case around in your purse etc.

I always, always have 1 or two with me. I dont think Elfdoll Lynn has actually left my bag since 2007 (except for play off course). And when i expect to have the possibilty to enjoy them, i usually take a larger doll too.

Worst job interview so far: halfway trough they asked me about my bulging suit jacket. Which contained an MSD head.

11. I've brought a couple of my tinies into the office with me on a few occasions. I smuggle them in in my purse, wrapped in a facecloth. I work in a cubicle and keep a couple of plants on my desk, so the dolls kind of nestle in among the pots in the corner, peering through the pothos leaves. I keep it on the QT, so no one notices, and it makes me happy. I have two Elfdolls, a black Catsy, and a Winter Elf Kathlen, that have both visited my workplace.

12. I have a little metal Hello Kitty tin that I keep my Gardenofdolls Nabiyette in. I go back and forth between leaving her at home or taking her along for meaningless tasks. It just depends on how childish I feel that day :) but she always always ALWAYS goes with me to picturesque places and doll meets. It's just too fun having such a tiny doll that can secretly go anywhere with you. It really appeals to the inner child.

13. My Puki Elly (Ylle) goes to work with me on weekends. Since it's slow then, I make her some new wardrobe item, and always bring a camera should inspiration crop up! I'm beginning to want to take her everywhere since I see so many opportunities for photos. For quick trips I stick her in a pocket, or an outside pocket of my purse. I'm currently on the hunt for the right kind of carrying case for her, much smaller than her little box yet big enough to bring along the wigs and clothes.

I have learned to make sure she wears her shoes, though! The dirt around here has magnetic particles and cling to her feet, sometimes getting into the ankle joints, then REALLY sticking to the magnets! Still haven't figured how to get all that off.

14. I plan to make a little wizard outfit for my little one and take him to Universal's Wizarding World with me. :)

15. Darkwind- I had never thought of the magnetic particles in dirt O.O Have you tried a small super magnet? Any magnet that is stronger than the ones in your doll should pull the particles off.

16. My Puki Pong Merrit went along with us on our vacation to Texas this summer...she got lots of attention.
      I never see people out and about with BJD's but I do see people out with reborn dolls (fake babies).

17. I am new here and I like this question so I am going to respond.

I do have one BJD but she is not a tiny. I am planning to get a tiny when we get past these very challenging times in the world. I would like her to be my travel doll.

I plan to take her on vacations and when I am going to lunch or tea with friends. I am looking for the perfect carrier for her.

18. I have a hard cover type pencil case that i take my girls out in, i just pop it in my fanny pack or my backpack and i take her out of it when/if i find a cool place to snap a pic! Sometimes i dont even take her out, its just nice to know shes there:)

19. I love taking my Pukis and Latis to the park, and photographing them near fairy houses, mushrooms, and bodies of water! I've never traveled with one on a plane, but maybe one day... :aheartbea