1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you tell people how many and which dolls you own?

Dec 27, 2010

1. I dont mind telling, that I own 7 dolls (ok... 3 are on their way back to me or at a face up artist, 2 are just ordered and one has no body xD) and I show them in my signature at bjd-related forums.
      But I am not talking about how much I paid for my dolls. Everybody who is intersted in can stalk the company sites and my favourite face up artists xD
      I am happy with my collection and dont want more dolls.

2. If someone asks, I will tell them. But otherwise, I don't advertise. My profile is up-to-date, but I don't have any group pictures of everyone. I tend to do pictures of smaller groups of two or three, so it's harder to tell by looking at pics I've posted.

3. If they ask directly, sure, but I don't go around being all GUESS WHAT I HAVE SEVEN DOLLS AND HERE'S WHAT THEY ARE if people don't ask, or if we're not explicitly discussing how many dolls we have.

Whether or not I have them in my signature depends entirely on whether I can get off my butt and make signature icons for all of them. (Right now the answer is no...)

4. I mention it in my signature, and if someone asks, I'll mention it too.

@_@' I've yet to get to a point that someone would hassle me for having "too many" (which is ridiculous IMO) though one time someone who thought my dolls were absurdly expensive pointed out that it's hard to call two dolls a collection. >_<'

5. Well, I've never gotten the "you're showing off" remarks but I will answer people if they ask how many I have. Although I give a vague answe because otherwise I have to do math... But I do have an up to date profile. But there are way to many to put in my sig so I can't list them all anyway except in my profile.

And I would post a group shot but that would mean getting them all out. And some are in disrepair right now... le sigh... I need wrist hooks for an SD... And getting them all out is like work! OMG!

But yes- Please ask me about my doll collection ;) I need a t-shirt or something!

6. I only told one of my friend, she doesn't mind and wouldn't give weird stares :)
      So far except my family,she is the only one who knows how many dolls I have in exact ^_^

7. I like to introduce each and every one, and I often mention the ones on the way as well. I feel like I'm ignoring them if I fail to mention them. and I don't like favoring one over the other whenever possible. One reason I was thinking I'd never get a floating head. I worried I'd ignore them in favor of the bodied dolls. Though I have a head I hope to buy who is very personable even without a body. So I'm not so worried about that anymore.

8. No... haha, well .. I prefer not to show what dolls I have in my signature - if people want to know, it's all in my profile. ^^ I put doll profiles too on my personal blog, and that's it. In terms of real life... I prefer to lie about how many I have, especially to my parents. :'D

9. I don't really talk about my dolls all that much to people outside of the hobby (at a couple meets I think we discussed dolls at home and future plans, etc.) Also I only have two complete dolls and a floating head at this time so there aren't many to try and count and tell people about. The most I get to is names and a brief gesture to how large they are. :)

10. hmmm, never really been asked

however I am one of those who do not really keep good track of what I have and sold so I myself do not know the exact count

And not even I have ever seen all of my dolls out at the same time (that is just too much work) so I do not really worry about it

11. Sure, if I get asked about them. It's usually a surprisingly good conversation starter :XD:
      But I rarely mention what they cost me. If I see that the person I'm talking to is sincerely interested though I give them the names of the companies I got my dolls from and usually a price range so they don't get too shocked when looking them up.

12. I keep my Profile info fairly up-to-date. I also have my dolls listed in my Signature (although I may change that around a bit--the list is getting awkward). I also have a website with my dolls listed. And I put them in databases...

So, yes. If anyone wants to know, it's easy to find out.

I don't think I've told anyone verbally... People don't tend to ask, I think.

Hmmm... haven't thought about it as showing off, just informational--so people can ask me about them if they want to know something.

I haven't had anything said to my face about that, but who knows what people are thinking???

13. When folks ask, which is often, I tell them the truth! I do not know! I collect, since childhood, a variety of dolls and... personally, I don't even want to know how many dolls I have.

14. For me, it's hard to say. My last group photo has 24 dolls in it I think - but several of them are sharing bodies, a couple are one doll but have more than one head, and one is off topic here. So I never really know what to say when people ask how many I have. 24 characters, 26 heads, far fewer bodies... it's confusing. I usually just say "umm... several?"

On here, I have them pictured in my siggy and listed in my profile (partly for my own reference - that's where I have recorded when each arrived and such). I like when people have them listed in profiles or signatures, so I can see what the doll is if I see a photo I like. I don't think it's bragging at all. I think I'm probably in the middle - I have kind of a lot, but a lot less than some, and some of mine are just heads. A few of mine only cost between $0 and $40 since they share bodies and were free event heads or inexpensive secondhand heads!

15. I share when people ask or when I take pictures of them all together, which is not often, then I will name them all ^^

I like to know what others have, but I rarely ask, I prefer to stalk people's galleries :B

16. I've never gotten the "you're showing off" remark, but shame on people who give it! One is allowed to be proud of their doll family, no matter how big or small!

I don't mind sharing. I have two dolls, a floating head, and another floating head on the way. Hopefully, soon, they'll be four full dolls. And I just got my first doll last month. That's all those dolls within the span of about a month. Yeah, I'm resin addicted. xD And I know that won't be the end of it. My boyfriend wants to buy me my first boy and SD - we decided on a RS Long - for Christmas. (I'm not holding him to it or anything, but I know him... xwx)

I have my list in my signature and in my profile. c:

17. I only have six dolls, but when people ask me, I usually do have to count them on my fingers :D That's just because I'm bad at counting though. I would tell people how many dolls I have- I'm not ashamed of the number at all. I feel I'm going to end up with 13 dolls, and that's the right number for me though it may be too many for some and not enough for others.
      I list all my dolls in my signature because it lets people know a little about their characters too ^^Though of course I don't mean to show off and would be angry if someone accused me of it.

18. No, generally I don't say much about it. I'm fortunate to have amassed a pretty huge group, but because not everyone is in that position I don't want to make anyone feel bad. By the same token I don't want grief about the number, either. It's neither the smallest nor the largest collection I've know about, and it certainly isn't the most special, but it's mine.

On the other hand, I'm always happy to offer information if asked. Pictures, not so much (because I am a craptastic photographer and a lazybutt to boot).

I need to do a family shoot. It's gonna be scary.

19. Yes they are listed in my sig line in fact. Most people in real life don't ask about it. A lot of people who know me don't really know I collect dolls. I doubt my boss knows unless my mother has let it slip (my boss is a family friend and has known me since I was 5). I don't know that my mother has a clue how many dolls I have now unless she has taken a look at the shelves recently when she was over. My family just doesn't pay much attention outside of hubby and the kids who also collect. Honestly they probably couldn't tell you which of those dolls were mine, which belonged to hubby and which belonged to the kids. I do have a friend who keeps close tabs on how many dolls I own because he uses it to justify his own collection. We started at the exact same time so as long as I still have more dolls than him it is ok for him to keep buying. Other than that if some one asks I am more than happy to share. I am proud of my dolls and enjoy talking about them.

20. I think it depends on who is asking what my answer would be. Even among my doll friends, I feel a little guilty because I've gotten a bunch of dolls all at once. I sort of went over board and spent a lot of money I had saved up all at once, because I have a bad habit of going on spending sprees when I'm depressed. And I feel a little bad especially when talking with people who are struggling to save up for their first or only second doll. But anyway, generally I like to actually count a doll only once it has a name and a wig, eyes, face-up, and at least one outfit so it's not sitting around naked.