1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think limited dolls should be rereleased/restocked by their companies?

Jun 23, 2008

?
  1. yes, I own a limited doll

2. no, I own a limited doll

3. yes, I do not own a limited doll

4. no, I do not own a limited doll

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I don't think limiteds should be rereleased unless there is some acctually diffirence to the mold
      like with volks oldskin to pureskin, or like sleeping or scared versions, or special skintones
      but not plain out exactly the same mold
      I would be quite annoyed if I had paid a lot for a mold and then a month later the company re-releases the same mold

I have been trying to buy an upgrade for one of my dearest chara's for about a year now, but two times now my plans were messed up by a limited, because with them I coudn't afford to wait, while she is gonna be a standard edition

I think rerelease is only fair it it clearly is stated that the particular fullset, colour or modded parts is limited to a number or time, otherwise it seems unfair

2. I think 'limited editions' are nice because they are an effective marketing tool for doll companies, provide an effective means of introducing new doll types, and can showcase fresh concepts in costuming and customization.

I don't think LE dolls should be re-released - that makes the whole concept of 'limited edition' a joke. I don't, however, have any issue with a 'basic' model coming out some time after, without the LE outfit or customizations - in that context, the 'LE' doll is the intro to a new basic line. What LE customers are shelling out for is the special extras, as well as being the first to get the new sculpt.

I don't own an LE doll, and -given my lack of disposable income and propensity to mod- probably never will. If I were wealthier, though, I'd have liked to get the Soom Sard - and who knows what other beauties they will cook up in that series? Still lots of signs left in the zodiac.

3. I think that the company should be like any other in the other doll world and say limited with a actual production number like limited to 1500 or whatever and then the mold is destroyed and never reproduced again for any reason or in any color, that is what limited edition means to me, however that is my opinion and many people seem to think that limited just means costumes or some special set, maybe it has to do with the language barrier with the east/west and limited means something else altogether to the eastern culture?

4. Lol, of course not. I mean... the whole point of a limited... is that it is limited. If companies would restock them, than they simply cease to be a limited doll :'D

Personally, I don't like the fact that some molds are limited, you never have enough time to save up money for them and if you buy one secondhand it's getting more and more expensive >_<

But it is good for marketing purposes :'D

5. I think the concept of limited edition loses sense when re-release happens.

I don't have a problem with a "re-release" if it is a different version, like different customization or differences to the mold. But otherwise no, I do not think companies should restock their limiteds.

6. I don't think that a limited getting released jips the owners of the previous release of the limited. Unless they were planning on selling the limited doll to begin with, but then it might discourage them from buying limited dolls just to wait for the prices to get ridiculously high XP
      Besides if you truely love the doll you have, then who cares if he/she is still a limited...or is less limited then when you got them before?

7. I voted Yes - I have a limited doll... but it's not so much that I think that they should be re-released as I don't mind too much if they are.

I have one limited (Toppi v1) that's seen a very limited re-release (BTSSB Toppi) and a limited on the way that's sort of a re-take on a doll that's already been released 1-4 times depending on how you look at it (anais1/2/tae1/2/swdtae).

I think re-releases are cool provided that they're very small. I think they're even better when the sculpt has been slightly modified in some way (ie a vampire, an elf, an open mouth, dreaming, sleeping, etc). I don't really think it's cool when a limited becomes a standard unless it's stated upfront that it will later become one.

8. YES!! they should restock because they will again sell, right? My sister is fussing over Senior Delf DION, because we found out about BJD too late and he was already sold out. Now she just wants to wait on getting her first BJD until Luts restocks SD Dion. :...( ...but my doll is going to be sooo lonely until she buys her Dion.

9. i dont think they should be re-stocked. They were advertised as limiteds and should stay that way... as unfortunate as it may be for other.

10. As the owner of several LE dolls, I'm all for their head molds being re-released. Three of mine are re-releases (Isao 2nd, Liz Spring Stroll, SwD Nono Summer Beach). :)

11. I know it defeats the purpose of a limited doll, but I'm in love with an out of stock Luts boy. I almost burst into tears when I saw he was limited and out of stock. Never coming back. So re-releases give an opportunity for those who were just a little late. I'm thankful for re-releases! Personally.

12. This question kind of confuses me...it may be because I haven't been a part of the BJD community for long or something I'm not quite sure. But my view on this is quite straight forward. What is the point in calling a doll "Limited" if in fact...you are going to restock later on down the road? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Once you make them and that limit for the Limited is reached...that's the end of them right there. You either have one because you bought it off the company or you hope that somebody later will sell it for some reason whatever that may be and you get it second hand.

13. Although I would love it if Limited Dolls would be restocked or made basic by their corresponding dolls companies, I would have to be on the side of no. Mainly because for those that have been through a lottery or purchased a limited doll via second/third/fourth/fifth hand market, I think it would create a sense of bitterness. Especially if you paid more than the original price and the potential restocked price is significantly reduced from LE price, yeah...that would suck. Also, the LEs have a uniqueness to them that may contribute to their desireability. But oh...that's a hard question. -_-

14. I get what you're saying. It does hurt a little to know that you'll never have that doll. I too really liked the Limited Kirill and Ivan, but was content with wanting the Homme versions instead. So, at least you can own the Homme versions, although they won't be entirely the same. I don't think they're trying to tease anyone, just display the dolls they've sold.

I actually don't think that they should re-stock Limiteds, because then they would loose the 'special' feeling of owning one.

15. Generally I think that 'limited' dolls shouldn't be restocked by their companies. Usually buyers of limited dolls are expecting to have a doll that isn't readily available. Exclusivity is the main point. However overwhelming demand from buyers that missed out may be an influential factor is having a re-release of a particular doll. Especially where secondary market prices are astronomical!

16. I think it would be nice if they rereleased the limiteds, with slight variations.

17. i wish they'd re-stock twingkey with the pink and white uniform~ that's the reason why i wanted to buy a dollfie in the first place... now i gotta... T-T now i gotta actually style one myself D: lol

18. Ok, if they released them again, they wouldnt be LIMITED really anymore. However it would be cool to sell them for another ONE day only thing. Heh, they would sell like hot cakes though.

19. I personally like them limited. If they made a few alterations for a remake, however, I wouldn't mind that at all.

20. I think a company should never restock their limiteds... It would make the doll loose the special touch of being a limited.

I myself am saving for a Tatiana-Pierrot, and if IpleHouse was to restock her after I had worked so hard to buy the limited doll, i would be greatly unhappy. I'm doing everything i can to get her before she's all gone, and if I mess up and miss her I dont expect IH to re-release her, I'll just accept Tatiana basic and move on...

There is other limiteds i wouldn't mind having, but they're sold out. I would never go and beg the company to make them again, I would just keep an eye out in the marketplace to get one second-hand. :lol: