1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you trust your doll to stand?

Jul 20, 2016

1. Most of my dolls are capable of standing on their own. I trust my vinyl dolls with being able to stand alone 99% of the time without the assistance of a stand. Also it helps these dolls are less breakable so I don't have to be so strict. My resin dolls on the other hand. I am paranoid even though they are capable of standing but they are also more likely to break. Therefore, I will use a stand on them.

2. My doll is always in sitting position. It's safer.

3. If I'm taking pics, then I can pose them to stand, but I don't go very far away. I don't have stands for them, but when they're not being played with, they sit around. The worst sound is the sound of a doll hitting a hard surface, trust me! :horror:

Ryu

4. My minifee can definitely stand on his own without too much adjusting, which I love. My April Story senior boy, on the other hand, is pretty loosely strung and has some instability to him, he can stand with the right balancing but I wouldn't leave him standing for too long. And I definitely would not display any of my dolls standing, that's just too much risk, especially since I have cats! But I like that I can get them to stand for photos. They'll be sitting for the rest of the time :lol:

5. Nope ( After my doll fell and damage his face up I only use doll stand while taking photos. And I also have cats so leaving doll standing is quite risky.

6. Oh yes, cats, the arch-enemy of standing dolls everywhere! :3nodding:

I have four cats that love to come around when I'm taking indoor pics of my Crew, so no standing without me being there to catch them should one decide to give them a love rub. :lol:

Fortunately for me, most of my dolls are otherwise great standers (YAY Luts/CP and FL/CP doll bodies!) I have a few that would rather sit, or at least fall over when I stand them up, but those I tend to lean against the wall or sit for pics.

Ryu

#186 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Mar 16, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    7. All of my dolls usually stand fine, but the ones that don't have stringing issues. I've never strung a doll so I'm afraid to retry and make it worse. I also just got a onesie made for a yosd I have, and it's so awkwardly made that he can barely straighten his legs to stand, and it pushed his legs apart at the crotch. Weird weird.

8. I will leave certain dolls standing for a short period of time(even when I'm not in the same room), such as my F60 Moe line girl or my LTF girl. But, I would not trust them long term without a stand or being in a sitting position, not even overnight, and especially not if I'm away from home. There are so many factors that could lead to broken fingers, limbs, chipped noses, etc, otherwise.

My dogs love running around before bed, for instance, and they run into things sometimes. Imagine them running into my shelves where my dolls are, and I left one free-standing and they fall off? Even a minor earthquake could knock over a free-standing doll. So, no I do not leave them standing freely if I'm not around. I don't leave them in stands anymore, either, because I put my KDF back on her stand one day and started to turn around only to see her decide to bend forward, nearly falling out of her stand. So all of my dolls sit on shelves now when I'm not doing anything with them.

9. Most of my dolls can stand very well but they’re all great loungers, so I leave them sitting in various positions within their specialized displays. To me, they just seem more comfortable and natural that way...and I don’t have to worry about one of my pets knocking them over. They’re usually only standing, short term, when I’m taking photos that require it.;) This being said however, I have a new doll on order whose character is destined to be 100% standing on display (so I’ve ordered a sturdy stand especially for her, and I’ll be screwing the base of that stand down for extra security.)

#189 PoeticSoul, Mar 19, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    10. Okay, so literally just a minute ago (it's cool it didn't take long to find this thread) I had a heart-attack like moment. I am sitting behind my desk, spent the whole day sewing and crafting. I just wanted to show some newly-finished items to my SO and I went there, heard the compliments, came back and it struck me: My beloved doll is standing on the desk like I'd left her... I quickly made her sit and now I just cannot marvel at how much more luck than brains I have lol :D That's how I ruined my very fisrt BJD 7 years ago - made him stand unaided... It's good I have restrung my beloved doll just recently! So... this situation from a minute ago has made me trust my dolls more, but forgetting self even less xD

11. I keep all of my dolls on stands. I am afraid that they will fall an injure themselves. My Iplehouse BJD sometimes sits in the cabinet but mostly she is on a stand. I may allow her to stand alone if I am taking a photo of her, otherwise she will be on a stand. She doesn't seem to mind.

12. It's very dependant on the doll. I've had my Impldoll Aurora just standing by the coffee table for the better part of the day with no worries, even with the high heel feet I currently have on her. Dolls like my Limhwa Elly, eh, wouldn't trust her to stand for any amount of time. It's similar with my Spiritdoll. The Proud body's feet are on a ball joint that allows for a little too much mobility so he'll just rotate his feet into a fall if he doesn't have boots on.

13. While most of my dolls can stand on their own, I keep them on stands. My young cat is excessively curious & can knock down a doll easily. The biggest majority are in glass cabinets but I still keep them on stands or sitting in doll chairs. Just paranoid about them falling.

14. Ah. It matters on the doll. I hate restringing, so some people are a bit floppier than they have any right being....
      But for photos, most of my girls can stand for a pose but not for long. Which is why they sit or lay around when not in use.

15. I don't trust my dolls to stand. Yes they stand great, but people have a habit of banging walls and I have a cat so it's safer with a stand

16. I have one doll who I trust to stand and the Sir Thomas on his Granado Vigor. That body is superbly designed and balanced. Everybody else can't stand on their own for more than two milliseconds. :roll:

17. definitely not because they are fragile and a lot of money

18. I trust mine to stand when I'm right next to them just in case they do fall. Leaving them to stand on their own alone? No way. Most of the time they're sitting.

19. With shoes on, most of my dolls can stand very well. However, I'm paranoid so I'd never leave them standing unless they're on a doll stand :) I usually keep them sitting.

20. I trusted my rock solid boy to stand. Then I stood back to take his picture while he was holding a delicate Japanese teacup...and he plunged forward, hit the cup with his face, smashed it to pieces, and gave himself a nasty scratch on his cheek. Soooo...50/50, but no, there are are no absolutes.Do it at your own risk!