1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you trust your doll to stand?

Jul 20, 2016

1. Mine need a stand to stay up since they're rather old :( even after restringing they tend to fall if the table gets jostled.

2. My Kid Dollmore Vian stands like a freaking rock, it's insane. She's really the only one I trust to stay standing if I walk away for a minute. My Loongsoul Ye Sha is pretty sturdy, too. My ResinSoul Dong won't stand for crap, despite sueding. My KDF Ani is somewhat sturdy but sometimes his leg will buckle randomly. My Soom Marl is a little kicky, too. I haven't had my Dragon Doll around long enough to really get a feel for his sturdiness though.

3. I would never leave a doll standing by themselves. Too much can go wrong. Better to be safe than sorry

4. I don't trust my doll to stand at all with out me watching them! Some of them are too top heavy and the other ones just don't like standing.

5. No way! Even when I'm next to them, my eyes play tricks on me and makes it look like they're falling! I only trust them if they are leaning in a corner or on a doll stand.

6. My resin dolls, no, not unless I'm right there ready to catch them! My vinyl ones, all the time! I have my 47cm Obitsu displayed standing up as he has magnets in his feet and came with a steel base. The Obitsu version of a doll stand, lol.

7. since my doll has quite heavy clothing at one bodypart,
      (she has a big fluffy bunny tail, which can pull her down at some point)
      i dont really trust her to stand too long without me being there to catch her.
      so i normally have her sit or i let her lean to a wall :'D

8. nope. even if my AoD is standing on her own very well I am still doubtful. lol

9. no, I prefer to leave mine sitting. I once had mine standing on my desk and left the room for less than a minute when I heard a crash- she fell, which knocked her headcap and the little metal plate with the company name off of her head (still trying to find a way to stick that back on...).

10. My first three dolls stood on a desk for several years with no accidents, so it's definitely possible to do, depending on the doll. That said, eventually I didn't want to take that kind of risk and so haven't left a doll standing unsupported for more than six years now (and I don't think I would ever do it again).

11. My doll seems to stand pretty well but I'm scared of leaving her standing by herself so I stand her in front of a drawer so that hopefully she'll fall onto it instead of the floor or the desk

12. Sitting is safer but I do occasionally make her stand just to marvel for a few seconds and then snatch her up before someone walks across the floor and she takes a tumble. I have yet to ever drop my doll and if it ever happens { I am super clumsy it will happen} I will probably skip a few heartbeats.

13. My Dollfie Dreams? No. It's hard to adjust their joints and balance them properly sometimes.

Oddly, my more fragile resin SD-17 boy stands SUPER solid with practically no effort. Straighten his back and his legs and BAM! He stands. I don't think he'd fall over without wind or a person/animal to knock him over. But because he was expensive, I would not let him stay standing somewhere unattended unless he had a stand to support him just in case.

14. I've trusted my boys to stand up and hang out since day one. <3
      My Kid Delfs stand very well on their own, I find! I have them standing in their diorama 24/7. The only time they ever let loose is when I accidently bump them when trying to do something in their room, lol. Otherwise, I trust those little suckers to stand until I make them stop. And I'm so grateful they do. ; w ;

15. I would trust my KDF to stand...but I don't trust me to balance him right. Plus, he's got a loose knee that worries me even when balanced. If I restring him nice and tight I'm sure he'll hold standing poses no problem. It's me. I'm an amateur poser.

16. Yes, under the supervision of myself when I am using them but I would never leave them unsupervised in a standing position. I usually have them in a sitting position on a shelf to avoid any unwanted accidents.

17. If I'm watching them, then sure. But not at all to simply leave them standing on display. I don't care how stable they are. Even though I'm not always very careful with them that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

18. I have trusted my dolls to stand before and BOY have they fallen. Thankfully, always onto carpet. I need to stop trusting them so much.

19. I only trust my puki's to stand by themselves for a while. And that's because they have magnets in their feet. Anyone else has a stand unless I'm right next to them. Two cats, a toddler, and a husband with no spacial awareness make me unwilling to to let any of them stand by themselves even if they're solid standers.

20. Most of my dolls do stand independently with no issue, but I won't let them. I'm an overprotective doll mom.

Wind and cats are extremely dangerous things.