1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you trust your doll to stand?

Jul 20, 2016

1. I thought this too, but when I only just had mine, he face-planted. Like he suddenly bowed. And that’s when I got a saddle stand. XD I do want better doll stand though that’s nicer for different poses. So nope I don’t let my dolls stand unless they’re standing against a wall... but preferably sitting.

2. Of all my five dolls, I think I would only trust one to stand properly without help (he has really huge feet), and not atm because he needs a good restringing or he keeps weirdly kicking.
      My Yo-SD was a good stander when she came home but she needs restringing too cause she's all floppy.
      My MSD girl has a weirdly engineered body or something and she tends to lean forward though I don't know exactly why, so I always have her seated.
      My two anthros don't stand at all (which reminds me I have to buy another stand cause I only have one).

So I wouldn't trust any of them, really xD They are far more safe sitting.

3. I trust my little dude (~2012 dollzone msd) to stand on his own without me hovering nearby, but I sit him down on a high shelf if I'm leaving the house because my dog might mess with him otherwise.

4. I have probably WAY too many dolls standing, and in far too close proximity to each other. I have 18 standing right now.

They all stand really sturdy, and I definitely trust them on their own. I have Dollzone, Dream Valley, DF-H... a lot of dolls with a good reputation for being extremely solidly engineered. What should make me nervous is the possibility of some outside force (cats, clumsy family members, clumsy me) accidentally knocking one over and starting a catastrophic chain reaction...

5. Chaeri poses like a dream and she stands pretty well unsupported, but I would never ever leave her standing unattended for fear of the dreaded face-plant.

6. Nope! He stands really well, I'm just incredibly nervous.

7. "Trust" is the wrong word. :lol: I know full well they're going to fall once in a while, and I just do it anyway. As long as they don't hit something hard or sharp, they never take any damage, so I worry more about what's around them than I do the inevitable. I almost never stand them on anything but the floor/ground, though, so they don't have far to fall. And I don't leave them like that for weeks on end because they'd be in the way, so... take that how you will.

#167 Sianserais, Feb 12, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    8. I can only trust my tiny, Lottie to stand. She is strung pretty tight and since she is so small only 15cm if she were to fall she wouldn't fall too far. I still wouldn't leave her alone standing up/ The rest of my dolls are 50cm+ and they either need stands or to lean against something. I can't afford to let them fall.

9. So regret, no.
      Although I saw some people keep their doll stand wonderfully with out any support from standees, I can't risk my child life with something like that.
      So it all about the "tools" when I want to taking photos. The most dangerous support thing I used could be transparent strings, as I wanted to pose a falling scene for my doll. It's same in any fighting scene with weapons!

10. It depends on the situation (Hitagi will usually stand like a rock when posed with Nadeko but will buckle in a millisecond alone) but for the most part, no, I don't trust them to stand.
      My dolls tend to decide to fall when I'm just far enough to not be able to catch them so I never leave them standing for long out of paranoia that something will happen to them. They usually sit in their room in stable positions so that even earthquakes won't knock them over.

11. I have cats and I'm quite absent-minded, it doesn't go well with standing dolls. I can fully trust only pet dolls -- they have four legs, it seems safe anough.

12. nope, although most of my dolls stand well, but I don't trust them to stand without a stand,:aeyepop:

13. Absolutely not. I need to invest in some real quality stands. I used to allow some of my older, first dolls to stand on their own, leaning against the back of a display case. But now that I've upgraded and gotten some grails, I just love and care for them too much to trust them to their own strung devices :XD:

14. I trust my dolls to stand while I take photos but I would not display them standing unless they are leaning on something. In saying that I'm always worried they'll fall over while I take photos.

15. I'm pretty sure I could balance my Impl on one leg and have her still stand by herself (which is the only upside of the super-tight factory stringing). I would trust her to stand around on her own for a bit, but I live high-up in a flat, in a city that frequently has mild earthquakes... So for safety's sake I put her close to a wall, also because she's on a desk and having a 65cm doll fall down one meter onto a wooden floor... yeah.

16. My girl can stand on her flat feet, but I put her in heels and she balances well enough in those too. I can also lean her against the wall without too much trouble. I don't want her to sit; it would mess up her skirt. I don't think I have to buy a doll stand for her, but I might sometime down the line. A stand isn't necessary at this point in time.

17. No way! After experiencing dolls falling off the table serval times, I wouldn't let them stand unless using a supporting stand.

18. I always use a doll stand even if the doll can stand very well. They tend to topple when they stand for too long. Nowadays, I don’t require my dolls to stand unassisted. In the past, when I was new in the hobby, I went outside for photo sessions and the dolls had to stand and pose for at least enough time to take a picture. These days, they are displayed at home and all on doll stands.

19. Yes but I won’t look away or walk off I will always be watching them in case they decide to fall over lol