1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want to know what happens to the dolls you sell?

May 18, 2011

1. I have yet to sell a doll but I think that I would be one of the people who would like to know what happens to the doll. I get attached to EVERYTHING so my dolls are no different. As a bit of a hoarder, I can't even bring myself to toss random items, let alone part with one of my dolls. lol :-P I probably would not actively bother the person I sold it to, but I would be extremely appreciative of updates or random pictures. :) I also would feel very sad if I saw the doll sold again or if I lost track of its owners. :(

2. I've sold only the body once - and yes, I was tracking its well-being, just because I'm curious and because its present owner has my diary in favourits)) The now-whole doll is enjoyed a lot and inresinates a roleplaying character, it's a pleasant feeling to know this.
      If the info is freely available I would be interested to look at the doll I previously owned. But I would never bother an owner asking specifically for a photos or some info of a sold doll though, I'd feel nosey in that case...

3. I don't go chasing after them, but when I see the buyer post something in the gallery I usually take a look. I can't help but be curious of what they do with it, especially if the buyer is someone who I know or have seen around a lot and I like the rest of their dolls.

4. I'm always a little bit curious about what happens to a doll that I've sold, but not enough to maintain any kind of contact with the new owner. I wouldn't be opposed to befriending the purchaser of one of my former dolls, and in that context it would be fun to see what he or she is up to with the doll they'd bought from me. However, if we aren't friends, but I'm just getting status reports on a sold object, that is much less interesting to me. I don't avoid seeing pictures or posts from the people who now own the dolls I've sold, but I also don't spend time and energy looking for them.

5. Hmm, all but one of my dolls are secondhand, and I imagine I'd be quite surprised if one of their previous owners wanted to ask me about them.

The three dolls I've sold were all lovely, but money won out over sentiment. I'd never dream of contacting their new owners. It feeds too much into the idea of dolls being community property.

6. not really. i feel my doll is in better place now and have a new home

7. I'm the same. I wouldn't mind showing them photos. Maybe point them to my deviant art page where I have photos. I think it if happened more than once though it might be a bit weird.

8. First of all I am a 'doll collector' and a 'crazy doll owner' all in one! I have adopted many, many the 1st owner and all treated with the same loving care. It doesn't matter to me if the old owner doesn't care what happened to the 'sold' doll but I like them to know all the dolls are doing great.

I have sold only one doll, I know that doll is with a great owner. I don't keep tabs on her all the time but when I do see her it puts a smile on my face cause she is making her new owner happy and I guess that's what makes spending all that money worth it!

9. I keep track. Kind of.

I am sure the person I sold my Kohya to still has him. The same goes for my Meditation Euclase (I am good friends with this person!). My DoC Too has moved on from his third owner, and my Shushu has changed hands three times after I sold her, I think. My old Si, I know exactly where he is, and that won't change. My Nanuri 2007 has also moved on from the person I sold him to, but I don't know where. I normally don't keep in check with the dolls I split off, or blank heads I haven't invested in emotionally. So I don't know where my Heliot went. He could still be exactly where I thought he'd be. He might not.

Generally, like I said, if I have attachment to the doll, I try to build a relationship with the new owner so that we're still in touch. It makes me feel better about a sale, and I love seeing my doll with that person, more. I also get updates without having to do my own 'research', so it's handy. ;)

10. This is a bit how I feel about it. As I've luckily never needed to sell a doll for emergencies, I see selling as moving on to a better home than mine. But if the new owner wants to show me what they've done, I'd love to see, but I'd never bug them about it. I want them to spend their time playing with their new doll, not telling me about it ;)

I will (and have done!) ask what the buyer will do to something I've modded and needs fixing. That's my nosy side coming out XD We all like happy endings.

11. I have never sold a BJD itself, just floating event heads and spare bodies, but besides the fact I like knowing if the new owner is happy with it I love finding out what character, if so, it becomes finally, the one I did not know it would while he/she was here, although kept in a box, in this place where my crew is. Just like knowing from a friend of my troop who is far away now.

12. I have only sold a couple of dolls so I don't have a lot of experience with this but as most others have said, I would never go out of my way to find out about a sold doll but if I would happen to unintentionally come across new owner pics I would most certainly be interested in seeing them.

And as a buyer of dolls, I wouldn't find it strange or off-putting at all if the seller contacted me to see how I liked my new doll. That hasn't happened yet, but if it did I would be happy to share pics.

13. I've only sold two dollies. One girl I was friends with on DA, so I saw updates of that little puki all the time until she sold it. It was neat to see how different she'd made it. The other was a Nasia, who I went picture searching on once and was pleased to find the new owner had done a lot to her and made her completely theirs (in a way I couldn't have ever imagined, she's so pretty now!).

I guess I like seeing pictures, mostly because I like to see how they've made the doll their own and how they're enjoying it. I don't usually PM them for them, I just check every so often until they post a picture. Once they have, I'm generally happy with that amount of "after sale" stalking and go about life.

14. The ones I esp. hated to sell I would love to at least know if the buyer plans to re-sell as maybe want chance to get back. But other wise most I sell due to not bonding.

15. I don't often sell dolls, but when I do, it's a transaction that ends once the buyer has received their doll. I get very attached to the things I collect, especially dolls. So when I sell something, it's best for me to simply move on. ;)

When I buy a doll from someone I already know though, I will often tell them how much I'm still enjoying that doll, even if it's been ages since our transaction. :)

Juli DC :)

16. If I sold a doll or anything, I don't think I'd really care unless I had given the item as a gift, and said person did something regrettable with it. Unfortunately this happened a lot of times to very expensive and important or special gifts I've given to people. Like a DS and psp, both were stolen (from different people) out of their car because they left it out in the open. Or they'd give said item away, or sell it for a lot. I know it's not my business, but I gave it to them for their enjoyment, and it'd be nice to know before they would try to sell it, because a lot of time(every instance I can think of) I'd just buy it back from them. Problem is the times that the people sold an item I gave to them for free or purposely cheap (like 10% of what it was turned around and sold for) they sold it within a month or so.

So unless it was given or sold on special circumstances, I don't see any reason to really look up what happened to the doll, unless you're just curious what they turned it into. Sorry, but the person paid quite a bit for the doll, and unless you sold it super cheap to a good friend or something, you shouldn't expect them to keep the doll in a certain condition or anything else. If they want to melt it down into a coffee cup, can't really say much about it.

17. I'd rather not, because you can get disappointed with i.e. all your face-up work being wiped away, or of the doll is sold on pretty quickly =< I felt a little guilty when the girl I sold popped up on the Marketplace not a month later - the poor doll has hopefully gotten a better home now, but still...

So, I usually don't want to keep track of it to avoid disappointment.

18. hehe i do want to know what happens.... some people said they dont care after they sold it. i know they are just doll but i really like to see.... its not that iam going to be pm the new owner everytime i want to see photos hehe that would make me some kinda stalker..... i would love if the new owner would send/ or direct me to a link of photos :D even tho they are dolls they hold a special kind of feeling in my heart......... ive sold just a little but i sold do to needing money but i love it when the new owner loves there doll that they want to share some pics,info,etc. about the doll that makes me feel very special :) that somebody loves the same doll i loved...... and i think its like a start of a new frienship, like a seller a purchaser i love to keep in contact because thats the way iam........ i love seeing everybody happy because it makes me happy lol (i think i talk to much and i kinda gotten out of the subject) to make it clearly i love that someone would love to keep in contact with me even tho iam not selling or buying hmmm iam still out :lol::aheartbea:aheartbea

19. I don't think you should expect anything from a buyer other than prompt payment. I was just curious if other people might be curious as to what happens to the doll. If they had any stories about a doll they had sold or given away. =D I don't think I would ask for the info but if they offered a link to pics of the doll in it's new home or something I would enjoy looking at them.

20. As everyone else has said, I would never contact the new owner and bother them for details/pictures. It's a business transaction, and whatever they do with the doll (different customizations, clothes, face-up, or evening selling again) is not my concern.

However, I am also a curious person, and I may check every once in awhile to see if they've posted any pictures. I just love seeing different customizations of dolls. I browse the BJD database and picture request forms just to see what people are doing with their dolls- even molds I never plan on buying.