1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want to know what happens to the dolls you sell?

May 18, 2011

1. I don't really want to know what has happened to the doll once it has left my possession beyond knowing if the buyer received it in good condition. Once I decide to sell a doll, I detach from it and it becomes something I really just would like to get out of my house. Sometimes I'll stumble upon a doll I know I once owned and after a moment of curiosity, I'll move on. It's not my doll anymore and I have no real connection to it. I sometimes am a little saddened when I see one of the faceups I'd commissioned removed and replaced with something not as nice, but not my decision.

I admit I'm a little off put at the thought of people I buy from looking through my posts to see a doll I now own. 9 times out of 10, any doll I buy is immediately being wiped clean and repainted because I have a vision for the doll that has nothing to do with the way it looked when someone else owned it unless it somehow already had the perfect faceup.

2. When I sell something to someone, I would like to know if they get the item safely. After that, it would be nice to know if they like the item. For dolls, I would wonder at first what they would do with the doll but I don't actively seek the information. I treat the dolls with more emotion than with other items (wig, shoes, clothing) so yes, I would like to know if the new owner has fun with the dolls. We sell our dolls for various reasons and I care where my dolls end up.

3. Out of sight, out of mind. Once a doll leaves my home, I don't want to follow its future. My connection to it is no longer of interest to me. I think it is better for me, and for the new owner.

That being said, I was surprised to see one of my bjd's head on the market place. I knew it was mine, and I wondered where his original body had gone. He had changed owners several times according to the post. I almost wanted to buy him back, just to give him a new body!

4. Nope, if I sell a doll I am completely detached from it. I want to know that the person received it and is happy with it from a sellers standpoint of course, it is important to me that the buyer be happy with our transaction but other than that I feel nothing in particular. If I am selling a doll then it did not suit the character I bought it for and I do not want it any more. Sometimes it is nice to see a doll I once owned in its new home and made into the new character its new owner had in mind for it, but not that much more so than seeing any other pretty doll that is well loved. I enjoy seeing how people interact with their dolls and the characters that they place on them/how they express those characters through pictures. I am not so good at photos myself but love to see other people's photography. It really isn't that much more interesting to me when the doll in question used to belong to me. Perhaps a bit of passing curiosity but no more.

5. I don't want to know nothing about the doll after I've sold it. Once it's out of my hands, it's out of my life and belongs 100% to the new owner....especially if I had a bond with the doll, the least I see it the better.

6. I have re-housed two dolls: one to a friend ( I have seen the doll quite often since I sold her), and the other I just traded about a week ago. It is weird to think that I will never see the second one again, she was my first doll, and in a way I got attached to her though I never really played with her. I would definitely love to see what the new owner does with her but like many of you I will not bother the owner for details about what she is doing with the doll.
      However, if a previous owner of one of my dolls contacted me asking how the doll was doing etc i would be delighted~! I feel like when anyone selling something wants to know if you are happy about your purchase they are being good businessmen, and I am always happier with my purchase afterwards because I feel like the seller actually cares.
      More than one inquiry would be awkward.

7. I haven't kept track to date what has happened with any dolls I've sold. I know one person really enjoys a certain doll, but otherwise, I have no idea. I'd be curious to see what others have done with them, but at the same time, I don't actively seek out my old dolls to see how they've fared (and in some cases the people aren't super-active or don't take a ton of photos).

8. No. I don't keep track of them after they are sold ^^ There is no reason to.

9. That's actually WHY I would want to see a doll I sold on, to see what the buyer has done with the doll, how much it has changed. Just like I sometimes look through databases and galleries to see what other people have done with their dolls that are the same sculpt as one I have, to see just how different the dolls can be.

10. I only care to know that doll arrived safely to the new owner. At that point the new owner can do whatever they wish with the doll as it is theirs.

11. If I sell a doll I am pretty done with it--just glad someone else wanted it, since usually I have found a closer "shell" to the character I was trying to home. For the dolls I buy, if I really end up loving the doll I will send a thank you and occasional pictures to the previous owner (if they are ok with it) I have a couple of dolls that I have had for years that I occasionally go back through my feedback threads and get a warm fuzzy that someone was willing to sell me that doll, because I have enjoyed it so much.

12. I enjoy seeing what people do with the dolls I've sold, but I usually sort of forget about them after a while. It's fun to see one of my old dolls pop up in unexpected places, though. I was browsing a site the other day and saw one of my former dolls! She looked wonderfully pretty, and it was nice to see. :)