1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do your dolls Cosplay?

Mar 24, 2020

1. {laugh!} If I could do that it would be a miracle - I've never seen them.

Teddy

2. Omg I LOVE your Alice cosplay!! I just re-watched all these movies (one of my favorite guilty-pleasure series) and spend the whole time thinking I'd love an Alice doll. I even looked at heads. She's perfect, great job!

3. No cosplayers here, mine are the characters themselves. But since I'm a cosplayer (and have made or am making costumes of two of the characters I have), there's some mutual benefits where successful pieces get reproduced smaller for the dolls, and the dolls can serve as drafting subjects for me to mock up trickier bits.

Oh that is fantastic! I did Nightcrawler back in the early 00s, but yours has mine beat by a mile!

4. the simple answer to this is yes my boys cosplay, slightly longer answer is that my boy who is home doesn’t have a specific character who is based off so he can/will cosplay anyone, my new boy when he arrives will be based of a character so will always be cosplaying haha :)

5. I have both character dolls and cosplay ensembles. My Silent Hill 3 doll, Heather, has done both with her Lisa cosplay.

6. #26 elfy016, May 8, 2020
      Last edited: May 8, 2020
    7. Awww... thanks!

Me too - even though I don't necessarily recognize the character the doll is dressed as (so many cases of "not my fandom")

Teddy

8. Thank you! :D Though I'd say most of the credit goes to Raccoon Doll, since they did the face-up - Alice is a Raccoon Doll Cleaner Nina, but with different eyebrows from a different default face-up. They did a FANTASTIC job, I was totally in love with her the moment I took her out of her box. I have to admit, I was totally taken by surprise by this whole Resident Evil thing. It's about the last fandom on Earth, or so, that I'd expected to ever "fall into", but somehow it happened, and now all I need to be perfectly happy is a Carlos and a Becky for Alice, so she's got her whole "family".

9. I've made multiple cosplay outfits for one of my sd boys, sort of made it a thing since he goes with me every year. He's got so far - Attack on Titan outfit, makeshift Sephiroth from FF7, Saitama from One Punch, Kingdom Hearts Organization 13 jacket, Crow from Show By Rock, Chocobo Kigurumi, & 2 visual kei band cosplays. Then I made one of my msds a Joker cosplay outfit.

10. Nope, I think they have their own characters.

11. I have a doll based on my favourite game character, Kanato Sakamaki from Diabolik lovers (you can see a photo of him on my insta here (@meltydolly on Instagram: “His teddybear has a secret#kanatosakamaki #diaboliklovers #bjd #bjdphotography #artdoll #doll #dollstagram #lutsdoll #lutsseniordelf…”). Other than him I’m not that interested in making my dolls based on specific characters, although I do like to make them outfits inspired by fairytales and fairytale characters like Alice from Alice in wonderland.

12. Cosplaying dolls are different from character dolls. :) A cosplay doll is like any person in a costume, they're not that character, just dressing up as them for a bit.

13. One of my dolls cosplays. At a convention some years ago, I found a replica of Archer's outfit from Fate/Stay Night that fit one of my boys. That's the only cosplay I have.

14. Yes, I love cosplay, so my child...
      I buy some Touken Ranbu related costumes and stuffs just for satisfying this.
      If people could cosplay, why not do this for our child? They're somehow another us...

15. I have a doll that I consider sort of like a "mini-me" (granted, she's an elf :XD:) so I plan on having her cosplay at some point. I made sure to give her a neutral faceup so that she can fit into almost any style.

16. Is it still Cosplay if the doll never takes it off?? :kitty1
      I have a Natrume Solas on the 5thMotif Timeless body that I'm (still, and forever) sewing a Solas (Dragon Age) cosplay/costume for. I keep thinking of it as cosplay, since that's where I got my start with sewing, but idk since I guess he's sorta supposed to /be/ the character... :?

17. My newest one is! I got a Doll Love You to turn into Edogawa Conan, but decided to make their character a gender fluid Changling that could take on different styles and characters. I'm really excited to see what/who they want to be! Right now they're in a borrowed wig and I made a quick yukata so they wouldn't be naked.

18. Simple answer: my character dolls also cosplay. :3nodding:

Complex answer: Yes!

Three of my Gravitation Crew have cosplayed as Roronoa Zoro, Monkey D. Luffy and Sanji from One Piece.

[​IMG]
      One Piece cosplay
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Add a Haruhi photobomb (she is named after both Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club.)

One of my OCs has a 10th Doctor Who suit that I hand-sewed for him, and one of my girls has a Hatsune Miku cosplay I bought for her.

I figure that "I'm a character in my life's story and I cosplay, so why can't my Crew be both characters and cosplayers as well?" :kitty1

Ryu

19. My dolls have their own characters that I've created over the years, but I find myself imagining who of them could cosplay characters from favorite animes such as "Noragami" or "Black Butler" or "Hell Girl".

Two of my dolls have actually cosplayed specific characters. My Happydoll Marin girl, Fenchurch, makes a good Sir Integra from the "Hellsing" series --
      [​IMG]

And my Volks Megu, Tabitha, enjoys being "Hell Girl" --
      [​IMG]

#39 beamlette, Jun 4, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    20. Wonderful cosplays, but I would love to know where you got your Integra cosplay outfit from. I have a Alucard Minimee that needs an Integra, and I'm sure I can find one of my girls willing to cosplay as her. :kitty1

[​IMG]
      Alucard from Hellsing
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

I'm probably going to have to commission his red duster and hat, and I've been meaning to make his glasses yellow, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ryu