1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~*~Do Your Dolls Share Clothes?~*~

Jan 21, 2011

1. Yes -- they do all the time. Of course there are some articles of clothing that won't look flattering on a particular doll, or won't suit their characters, so they wouldn't wear those particular things. However, there's still a good bit of overlap when it comes who will wear what. Plus when you get into things like jeans and stuff, they're pretty neutral items and can go on about anybody.

2. My Pukipuki share some clothes; they each have some outfits of their own, but others get shared. It just depends on whether the colors can work for both of them. My minis have such different styles that they can't really share, though my new boy did have to borrow a more neutral outfit out of necessity upon arrival.

3. I have all boy dolls and lots of different sizes, so they all share everything except eyes! I like to mix up outfits etc, so this works best for me.

4. My MSD are currently sharing clothes as I did not found the right outfit for one of them yet.
      My SD girls have their own clothes and cannot share because of their different sizes. I prefer to have
      them all their own outfit one day :)

5. I wish mine could so I could stop having 2 nudie dolls.

Anemone is a slim yo-sd size while Silvius is a normal yo-sd size so Silvius can't fit into Anemone's clothes.
      He's been nude since I got him excluding a make-shift loincloth. Trying to figure out his style.

Ex-Primera-now-Luna and Noctis are both pukifee size but Noctis' outfits definitely do not suit Luna in the slightest.
      Luna's been nude since I got her. Now that I figured her style out, I plan to make her clothes.

6. My three 30 cm girls share some clothes. Not whole outfits, mind you, as they all have their own distinct styles (Maeve likes anything with lace, Em's a tomboy, and Alice just wants to be comfortable). But, certain items cross over between them pretty well. I see no shame in it - I don't have to spend as much on clothes!

7. As much as they are able to they will. I keep buying dolls with "funky" hard to fit sizes, and one's an SD. Of course, they'll share wigs, eyes, and shoes too....to me the doll's personality is highlighted by the clothes they wear, not defined by it. Besides, I like my girls to wear gothy styles and dress pretty similar to the way I do.

8. Not really. None of my dolls have similar enough styles to share anything. When I get a new doll in, I'll try to find something to fit the new doll that I have lying around until I get them some proper clothing.
      I think I have remedied this now, though. I purchased a unisex outfit that's going to be the new dollie clothes from now on... moving from the newest doll to the next, provided the outfit fits...

9. It is funny - I was going to say "yes, all my dolls share their clothes" but while I put all the clothes into one box and technically don't have specific outfits for specific dolls, they each have a different feel to them and I have never actually put an outfit on one doll which has been worn by a different doll. I didn't plan on it being that way, but it just worked out that way. Each of my girls has a slightly different feel or personality to them and they suit different things. They're certainly welcome to wear each other's clothes and individual items get swapped around, but once a girl has worn a certain outfit, it tends to be HERS.

10. Absolutely. We have about five full dolls in our house, plus three/four floating heads. We just can't afford to have separate, really cool outfits for every doll (and head). So the clothes are all put in a general use pile, and whichever doll can fit them can wear them. Plus, I have a tendency to find random scraps of clothing and think they'd make excellent clothes, with a few safety pins to keep them on.

11. I have 11 dolls, so they kind of have to if I don't want to go broke or wear my fingers to nubs sewing for them. I have two dolls who can't share clothes with any others because of their proportions, though, so they are the exceptions.

12. Wow! 11 dolls, that's a lot. I can truly understand why they would need to share clothes. I think if my collections was that big, I would too do the same thing.

13. It's a moderate-sized collection, but I wouldn't say it's a lot really. I know people who have 30 or 40 dolls; I've noticed that when collections get to that size that most of the dolls tend to have "their" outfits and they tend to stay in the same outfit most of the time.

14. I only have six dolls and I already do this, once I feel the doll has reached "complete-ness" I don't change their clothing or wig. I also shoot to make my dolls my characters as well. I do have a few floating outfits, lots of extra wigs, eyes, shoes etc. But really my dolls don't share so much.

15. Rarely, they all have different styles. Now and again they might borrow a jumper.

16. Mine mostly have their own clothing, but as I get more and more dolls and have less stuff per doll, they do share. Some day I want to get to the point where they all have their own things and they do not share, since they each dress in their own unique way. But, in general, the less developed the character is in my mind, the more likely they are to share clothes with someone else.

17. My two boys and my incoming third boy are all roughly the same size, so they get to share clothes. They have similar styles so it's nice to know I'll have clothes for the incoming doll, regardless of whether I buy him anything new in time for his arrival. Sure, there are things that are more specific to each doll, but with layers, any piece can work for any of them.

Especially since I'm new-ish to the hobby and am in need of a job, my boys really have to do some sharing. Once I get a few paychecks, I'll be scoping out lots of new clothes so they can have their own stuff and won't be so obligated to share!

Since I'm poor at the moment, my two have been sharing three pairs of inexpensive converse. I'm going to have a buy some new shoes (hopefully some nice ones!) to accommodate the new boy. And I was so proud of myself to having an extra pair for the first two to share!

18. Some of my dolls so, some don't. My girl Baha never shares her clothes as she is the only girl. My boy PI have to share, whether they like it or not. (I'm not as stocked on their clothes right now, but my girl is loaded, but she was my first, so...:P) One day I plan to have more personalized wardrobes for each, but there are some things they will probably always share. My other dolls - my 60cms are also sharing right now, but they are not willing to do it for long. I suddenly had a population boom, so my first boy is having to share his humble closet with the others.

19. Mine only share clothes until I've made them some of their own. For the most part, they've all got vastly different styles that match their characters, and sharing clothes just doesn't seem right for a lot of them. Maxxie is wearing a pair of Ed's jeans right now and it's making me crazy- It seems like they aren't themselves if they're not in the right outfits... XD

20. Sometimes. Though they end up wearing their 'default' outfits most of the time anyways because that certain style suits them best.