1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~*~Do Your Dolls Share Clothes?~*~

Jan 21, 2011

1. Sometimes the way I want a doll to look prohibits sharing some clothes with my other dolls, but my dolls mostly share clothes. Their characters may mean that they will wear clothes differently. For example one of my boys will wear a white shirt with a black tie in a neat fashion, while one of my other boys will leave the shirt unbuttoned and tie the tie to his belt. ;)

2. My dolls all share clothes one way or another. The only thing they don't really share are the shoes, mostly because I don't really have excess pairs lying about. I don't really have very distinct styles so that probably helps.

3. I am waiting on a second 26cm doll. I plan on having both my dolls share clothes as they are both tiny, cute, and female. <3 I mean, why not? Saves you some money and gives you some ideas too.

4. yea....this is a method which can save a lot of money...
      also they share wigs, eyes

5. First of all, my dolls have personalities, just not strong ones; it's not the most important thing and I'm not shelling characters of mine. When they dress up they are actors, in a way, and they play various roles from time to time.

Do you dolls share clothes with one another?
      Yes. I buy clothes sometimes with their personalities in mind. Sometimes I buy clothes for them as actors--because I happen to really like the clothes and think they'd look great in them! :D

I'll dress my dolls in whatever I feel like and if something will fit them and works for how I wish to dress them, they'll wear it. I've had various outfits on different dolls.

Does your outlook on their personalities change afterwards?

Nope.

I think it's because I like dressing up myself. I've always looked at clothes as costumes of some kind, even street clothes. My personality doesn't change (I'm not so into role-playing... I just like clothes and costumes!) My dolls reflect that. They are their own persons, but can dress up in whatever its them... and maybe do a bit of role-playing. But mostly they are actors. Or maybe even mannikins/models. :D

6. Yes, my dolls to share clothes, but if the styles differ too much, some clothes were not worn.
      There are five of my dolls, because four of them shared ferrite, so the clothes are mostly shared.

7. My dolls share clothes when they can because their characters are from the same time periods with similar styles, but unfortunately they are mostly different sizes. A few shirts can be changed around between my boys, but they can't swap pants, vests, or fitted clothes. Mostly just shirts, and two of them can (and do!) share shoes. Poo. Wish they could share clothes... it would save me a lot of sewing and money!

8. Yes. And nope.
      Yes, currently, Celaran and Luken are sharing clothes, i.e. Celaran is wearing some of Luken's clothes. Because I haven't had time, yet, to sew some for Celaran. He's a high fantasy elf, Luken's an urban fantasy mage/rockstar. They got the same kind of body (UniReal boy) so Luken's clothes luckily fit Celaran, too.

Nope as in: Nope, it doesn't change Celaran's character at all. Well, my dolls are really more like 3D-"photos" of my characters. Meaning I'm not really attributing the character traits to THEM. I just got them, basically, to be better able to picture my characters in my head, to "see" them. To me, the "right" hair and eyes and face-up are much, much more important than the "right" clothes.

9. at this point in time they each have their own set cloths. When the new outfits come in the mail the black outfit will go to Alaxander and the White outfit will go to Ryo. They will never swap because the colors are set on the personality. Soon I will buy cloths for my Zakia and his cloths COULD possibly be swapped with Alaxander I guess.. but it will prolly take some time before I decide to do any swaps between them.

10. My 2 sd girls share clothes whenever possible (one is rather slender). My chubby yo girl can share clothes with the slender sd because they both are just shy of being msd sized in clothes, lol. Height is the only big difference. Heck I even share clothes between my non bjd dolls and my bjds.

11. I think you're a bit confused on your size teminologies here; SD denotes 60cm - it stems from "Super Dollfie", the Volks trademarked name for their 60cm BJDs. Likewise, Yo comes from Yo-SD - the Volks trademarked term for their 27cm tall BJDs. So either you have really short, near-mini (45cm, Mini Super Dollfie) sized dolls, or you have very tall tinies; it's not really clear which from how you've phrased it!

12. I try to share clothes as much as possible, but unfortunately most of them are such varying sizes and styles it never works out that often. ;_____; My poor Sabik gets the shortest end of the stick because he's so huge nothing fits him and Soom barely has any clothes left for them anymore.

13. If they are the same size they do. Although, some items are not shared if they are really not a specific doll's style or are super specific to another doll's style.

14. They would, but all of them come in different sizes - from tiny to Soom SG. Even the two MSDs I have can't share as they have very different body proportions >__< So I need to order different clothes for each doll.
      The good side - if it doesn't fit one doll, it will probably fir the other, as often happens with the shoes :)

15. Personally, I think whether or not a certain collection counts as "a lot" is a matter of opinion, and what seems like a lot to one person isn't going to seem like much to another *shrugs*

Anyway, back on topic....I have found that with my crew, they have to share if they don't want to wear the same thing over and over, but each doll has a "favorite" outfit that he or she winds up in the most often because it suits that doll better than the others. Sometimes it's an outfit I bought specifically for that doll when I got it, and sometimes it's one I got later (maybe even for another doll) that just wound up being really good on that particular doll.

16. Right now none of mine do, but that's because right now all my boys are a) different sizes and b) their characters have very different clothing interests. Sometimes Korin wears Yoru's shirts when he's trying to play sexy though. XD

Eventually though, some of my future dolls will have similar styles, and in those cases they will probably share clothes. I don't buy very much, but it's easier on my hands if I can sew them things that they can share. ^_^;

17. While I have mostly MSD's, I have varying sizes of MSD's (40-46cm) and the two SD's I have also vary in height (58 & 62cm). I make the majority of my doll clothes so there are some things that are doll specific with regards to size. Like I can't put Moswen's pants (for a 46cm doll) on Tyh (a 40cm doll). However, I can swap clothes between Moswen and Jaiseki because they're the same measurements as well as a few items with Haniel or Kys as it's a pretty close thing.

That being said, some of my boys will share traditional clothes as they're family or the same species. One wouldn't be caught dead in anything but leading edge fashion and one is fashion challenged to the extreme. One of my SD's refuses to wear anything but his traditional wear and the other absolutely will not wear a skirt even if you call it a kilt and it's made of plaid. And the one boy gets all sulky when the one SD sneaks the others shirt/pants because those belong to his lover and he's not very good with sharing anything where his lover is concerned *sigh*.

Shoes/boots are a free for all although some are bound more by size than any "mine" kinda deal.

18. Yeah, my two older ones share. Thing is, it only goes one way.

My boy can't fit into my girl's clothes, nor do I want him to. As for my girl, before I could afford to get her more clothes, I had her wear some of my boy's spare pants, because her default skirt always rode up indecently whenever I carried her. Now, she has officially hijacked his only pair of khakis, much to his relief. They were too tight on him originally. ^^;

19. Mine share generic stuff like jeans and plain T shirts, I try to keep everyone more or less the same size so they can! Once I get ahead in sewing more of my dolls will have dedicated outfits, but I need to get busy sewing;)

20. oh , Yes ..some of them absolutely will do.. but there are only 2 dolls who Luckily are of the same period of time (19th century) so they can really share their clothes: my Elyza and her incoming cousin, a Seola7 head on PD body.
      They will share everything.. this makes me happy XD
      about my incoming guys, ahm no :S
      cause one (the Saint) will be also a 19th century's dandy.. while my Raziel.. ehr.. no.. he will be a modern guy... he's an exiled angel.. a grey angel.. so he will wear modern outfit.. i think he could share them in the future with my black angel, once he will come home T.T