1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~*~Do Your Dolls Share Clothes?~*~

Jan 21, 2011

1. My boys are about the same size and they're styles are somewhat similar, so clothes swapping happens A LOT haha.

2. Hee Hee..I guess now since I'm learning how to sew..maybe I can just make them their own sets of clothing..

3. As long as any two dolls share the same style elements, & as long as they can FIT into the same clothes, then sure! Sharing abounds. I've got 31 bodies here, and 30 of them need to be clothed somehow, so there is bound to be swapping.

I buy wide varieties of clothes in different styles; everybody has their own individual style, but the pieces of that look are mix-and-match with the rest of the wardrobe-bins. The same pair of jeans looks very different on Ilya than it does on Samir than it does on Reika.

But there are certain items that just 'belong' to one character, definitely!.... The others might have to borrow it for a photoshoot or other occasion, but otherwise it's something that always goes back to that particular doll later. Like, it's just understood that the red Converses are Rainey's, and the painted-on PVC leggings & studded harness are Laika's.

My main complaint is that all of the dolls CAN'T all share every single bit of clothing: too many sizes of bodies in the house! ;; So many boys who are more or less the same height - so few of them who can share pants. Thus, the shopping continues.

4. Sometimes. But I wouldn't call it sharing. They "borrow" from others. There are some outfits that are exclusive to one doll and no one else can wear it or parts of it. Everything else is fair game.

Boy shoes get shared that is until I get enough for each of them to have two pairs each (some boys do have two pairs already). My girls don't share shoes (what girls do you know that do?), Cuprit has two pairs and U-i has four pairs (Her shoes are high heeled and don't fit Soom's heeled feet, go figure).

In my storyline there's several looks and outfits that are considered "uniforms" so one or more character wearing it at any giving time is perfectly acceptable. (AKA it's a loop hole so I don't have to own 20 different "uniforms".)

My little Yo-sd gets her own clothing because obviously she can't wear SD clothing.

For eyes and wigs, no never. I buy wigs and eyes especially for that doll. Some wigs do get swapped depending on the story line, but I own nearly 30 wigs so it really doesn't matter (not needed to share). Same is true for eyes, I have extras depending on the story. But each doll has personal eyes and wigs regardless.

5. Well my two current girls are both AoD and their mated so they definitely share clothing. However once my new Soony gets a body I'll need to start finding some clothes for her because AoD and Delf have slightly different proportions which makes fitting a little difficult. I think all of my dolls will have clothing that belongs to only them but since they all live together sharing to some degree is inevitable.

6. I have only one girl, one boy and a little BB one, they don't share any clothes for now, but there's two girls gonna coming to me, so I'm not sure if I'll let them share theirs clothes. Personaly, they should have different styles, so it's becoming a little bite more difficult for them, but it's still gonna be a good idea for trying a new style. I'd never make dress or clothes for them, most of time I bought them from Internet shop and also sometimes my friends gonna make dress and send me like a gift...^______^

7. Maybe basic clothing like casual tops and pants, but as for more detailed pieces, I don't think so. Because each doll has its own personality, which is portrayed by the clothes.

8. Mine all share clothes, I have so many clothes that between my dolls something always fits in with thier style lol I have set storylines for all my dolls and they each have one outfit that is theirs to match the character but they dont always stay in that outfit and they seem to tolorate me dressing them in different style lol

9. Yes, my dolls share clothes. It's more fun if they have a huge wardrobe ^-^ Besides, a lot of times many of them will look good in the same thing.

10. Whenever i order a new doll i try and have a few things at least for them to wear before they get here. All of my 1/6 scales shared clothes when they arrived.
      That was my biggest problem when i got my MSD... she didn't have anyone to borrow clothes from and had a pretty limited wardrobe.:sweat

11. Most of my boys borrow pieces from one or the other as their individual styles are very much similar. It helps that they are mainly the same size as well. have a SD and SD16 girl and because of size differences, they are unable to share any clothes. Same for my yo-sd, hence their wardrobe is also much more limited. But wigs and eyes are mostly exclusive to one.

12. Yeah my MNFs share clothes around, because they all fit :D They all have pretty different styles though so they kinda only share basics.

13. My dolls share clothes. I mean, its not like there cheap to buy XD Its ok though, the clothes look pretty good on both of them. However Dorian has a necklace that's ONLY for him, I wouldn't want any other doll to wear it

14. There's one shirt I got for Vince that Pete will probably borrow quite a bit when he gets here, since it's right in that place where their styles intersect. They might also share a long furry pink leopard print vest. But for the most part, they'll keep their own wardrobes-- They're both MSD, but Pete's a slim MSD, so there are some kinds of things that wouldn't fit both of them well, not to mention some style choices that wouldn't suit one or the other.

Vince and Maurice share a body-- if Vince ever lets Moz have a turn with it, that is-- but I haven't yet made the outfit that they would actually share. Most of the clothes are Vince's, and Maurice is a lot choosier and wouldn't touch a lot of them with a ten foot pole. Unless the end of that pole was on fire. Maurice is based on a character I have who's snooty and opinionated, Vince is a fashion plate who doesn't believe you can have too much of anything.

And the tiny I have on layaway can't really share with anyone... But until I get a girl in the same size, he has some really feminine shoes... (I couldn't resist kitty shoes... so while cross-dressing isn't in his character, it's totally gonna happen just to fulfill my needs for adorability...)

=^__^=
      Anneko

15. With the exception of Akando and Lahoo, all the boys share clothing. Of course, some of the guys have thicker waists or thighs than others, which meant that they can't really share all the trousers, but the tops are generally good. There are certain items that are specific to a certain doll, but overall everything belongs to everyone.

The girls, not so much. The most they'd share are shoes. Since my aim is to make the girls' clothing myself, and they all have a more varied measurement than the guys, that means instilling their personality in the pieces, and they're supposed to have their own colour association. Supposedly :sweat (if I'm not too lazy to actually make them heaps of clothing). The casual non-character, casual clothes from Dollmore are shared by them all though.

16. Yup all my dolls share clothes since they are MSD sized and its hard not to. After all, its easier for me than to stress over buying a lot of clothes for each doll. Since they have similar styles and most of them are in a 'rock group' together, their clothes are inter-changable. Of course, there are certain accessories or clothes meant for only one doll but the majority is changed about.

17. Most of my SD male crew go for "generic contemporary casual", so they share tops all the time. Pants/jeans can be a bit more restricted because of differing leg lengths, butt/waist sizes, etc. But there's a certain amount of sharing there, as well as with shoes and sneakers. The only things not shared are truly character-specific, i.e., Hawaiian shorts or brocade tops for one fellow. The SD girls are less likely to share because I have both a super-slender old Dollmore Eve to dress, and an old, chunky-thighed Elfdoll girl.

The minis (mostly Bluefairies, some MNF) are a lot more unisex in their clothing and share a lot of tops and jeans and shoes. Any dresses for the girls, though, tend to be a bit style/color-coordinated to particular dolls and not used by the others.

18. If they didn't they'd be naked! I don't invest a lot in doll clothes so what they have has to be used by several dolls. They all have enough to mix and match, or at least ONE good outfit each. I'd say my SD girls have more that they can mix and match. My Yos have a few outfits each. The Soom tinies because of the fantasy part are a little harder to shop. Everyone just BARELY has shoes...

The only doll with clothes all to himself is my MNF Woosoo and that's because he is the only one that size right now so he get's his own wardrobe the brat.

My new Rosette girls have one outfit a piec because there isn't much to choose from out there!

19. Nay. All my characters have a very unique style/ colour range, and as such none of them will share clothes. Even though I only have one doll of each gender in each size range at the moment, I am fairly sure that none of them will share clothes when all pieced up! For example, Elis only wears whites and blacks while Jade will almost exclusively wear green. Ayumi will wear feminine dresses, while Sasha will go with boots, jeans, jacket and shirt. So far, the only possibility I see is for Nanashi and Shise to dress similarly. The rest? Not likely.

20. I don't know yet, but I'm sure my dolls will share as much as they can.