1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do your dolls take over your living space?

Nov 2, 2007

1. With two rambunctious boys living in my house, I do all I can to keep my dolls out of harm's way. They are only in my workroom, safe from flying objects and thudding footsteps!

Raven

2. Hahaha, I did not even think about how much space the art suplies and other dolls take up untill I read some of your posts. I have a drawer of art suplies and a shelf of kokeshi, barbie, and other dolls.

3. Hmmmmm, lets see, loungeroom, sewing room, spare room and half of the temple.... all taken over by the resin brats.

Thats basically the entire ground floor of the house overrun. :)

4. Well lets see when they aren't piled on my bed or in their living space in my bedroom or on my couch..yeah thats pretty much everywhere. 0.o

5. I'm in the same situation with a baby girl running around wanting to get into EVERYTHING. It's cute though, she goes to my SD girl box and opens it to see what's inside quite often. All my MSD and Tiny dolls are lounging on a doll sofa I was lucky to find back farther on my desk, where I have my laptop.

6. You have kokeshi, too?! What kinds? I mostly have sosaku style kokeshi... one traditional type w/ a squeaking head, but she's new, not vintage.

Yeah, you don't realize how much room you truly have until you step back and realize, "OMG, LOOK AT ALL MY STUFFIES..."

It makes me feel kind of bad. Where would I put my precious (future) MSD?! :atremblin

7. I did to start off with, but then it just got ridiculous - I literally had a room dedicated to the dolls.

Now I've got most of the props and things packed away, and all twelve dolls are tucked away in a corner - they still take up a good four square feet, but I prefer them posed on chairs and suchlike rather than just stood up in a line. Once I get my rooms rearranged, I'm going to be making a photography stage in one corner, so they'll start sprawling again...

8. It's fun to know that other people here have kokeshi... I have a little collection of them, too. (Only four; all modern.) ^_^

My little resin minions would eventually take over the entire house if I let them... but I tend to keep their stuff packed away when not in use, and the dolls themselves confined to a few specific areas because of the lighting here. (Our townhouse aligns perfectly east-to-west, and we have very big windows front and back. The only way I can keep my crew out of direct light is to place them very carefully in areas that are shadowed by the interior walls. o_O) As it is, they've taken over all of the flat surfaces in all of the shadowed areas. :lol:

9. I have a few on the top of my dresser, a couple in a chair, 4 on my chest, and 4 in the bed...taken over? YES!!

10. Hopefully you keep your kokeshi out of the sun, too... Eeee, their paint will fade and stuff if you don't. I have an older doll from 1991 that has her paint all faded in places. It makes me feel bad, because I own an even older doll with better paint quality. (I know the latter is older due to the natural aging of her wood, she is a lovely light honey hue!)

I think whoever last owned the first doll had no idea how to take care of kokeshi; it makes me feel all sad inside!

Hmmm, I love simple, beautiful dolls now, I guess. maybe that's why I'm attracted to BJDs and kokeshi? Dolls as art... I love that so very much.

Loook! My kokeshi collection: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/IceCoffin/kokeshi2.jpg
      I forgot to mention they were in order of acquisition, from left to right...

11. in one word, YES!
      lol ^.^ I ended up geting rid of my TV stand, stario (that was ok sence i never use it 3> mp3s!~) and most of my larger electronical things, only to be replaced my a HUGE stand for my BJDS!!! ^.^ lmao its quite latg anddose have enough storage for me to put OME of my things on it ^.^ lol

I think most BJD owners end up doing such things, well other then the ones who colect them and only keep them in cabnets (not that there is anything wrong with that) Its like having yet another person moove in with you ^.^ gatta make room for them and their stuff too! ^.^

-Kira

12. they take most of my floor space i made them 2 bedrooms and a living room to live in, im lucky i am a careful walker if i was super clumsy id be in trouble.

13. [QUOTE=BrightSuzaku;2512441]You have kokeshi, too?! What kinds? I mostly have sosaku style kokeshi... one traditional type w/ a squeaking head, but she's new, not vintage.

Yeah BrightSusaku & Brightfires, I have a few kokeshi dolls too. I am not sure what kind though:sweat
      My grandmother is Japanese so I have always seen hers; they are just normal things to have around. I only just started reading about their history. I think only one is really nice; the others are not such great quality. I want to take pics of my boy with the kokeshi dolls and some of my grandmothers other Japanese dolls when he arrives(she has some very nice ones, also she has tiny kokeshi dolls, they are barely taller that a grain of rice and their heads still turn!); when I do I'll post the pics so you guys can see:)
      Oh yes, BrightSusaku, I keep all of my dolls and everything else I care about(whith the exception of plants of course)out of the sun; the kokeshi dolls are all 40 years old or more(my grandmother had them before she gave them to me)and their paint looks fine. Your dolls are very nice. I like the short round one; I don't have any like that. I just got one from a relative and have never seen one like it before; maybe I'll PM you a pic to see if you know what it is called.

14. Not yet. Currently the books still rule my little room. But I'm buying house soon and planning a room just for my dolls and books. Which I'm sure they will eventually spill out of. Sooner rather than later I'm sure.

15. Lol! XD

As I'm typing this I'm having to work around four of my MSD demons, plus one little surfer dude and a Sei Tenshi, who are currently hanging out on the computer desk along with several bjd toys.
      This doesn't count two or three tinies who might be hiding among the papers.

Lounging around the office space behind me are, two cat boys, one Borrible, and a punk rock drummer.
      As well as my MDD demon school girl and one small obitsu boy.

A Tengu and a 60cm male obitsu have taken over my rocking chair in the living room.

Eleven or twelve human minis have taken over the two glass display shelves of a cabinet in my room.

The rest of the human minis and two SD demons are hanging out in the space on my bed that isn't covered with Lucifer's clothes that I'm trying to organize.

Lucifer's "apartment" currently takes up about a third of my room, it only used to take up a fourth of my room, but I recently emptied and moved a bookcase out to give him more room for all his new furniture.
      This is where the other ten MSD and tiny demons are hanging out, along with two Yo Tenshi.

The top of the kimono tansu in my closet is currently home to two mini sized Kami boys, one MSD Kitsune boy, one small goblin boy, one large demon boy, a refugee from the Russian revolution, and one tiny sized college student.
      They share this space with a leather Artist doll druid boy, and a leather Artist doll wizard.

In order to get to my hanging clothes or into the bottom two drawers of the other tansu in my closet, I have to ask a Chinese prince, a Russian Sea Captain, a Japanese Ronin, and a Chinese/Russian former male Geisha to move out of the way!

Goodness no, they haven't taken over my living space...
      not one little bit. ^_~

LOL! =D
      XD XD XD

16. :lol: hahaha, JRyu, reading that.. it just sounds so hilarious!

17. Well, so far, Harumei is my only one, but it's always a struggle to find a place for her to sleep. When she first arrived I would tuck her into her box (no bed yet) and put her on my couch (but only after moving various piles of papers and school books), but after a couple of days it seemed that that arrangement wasn't working out. Right now, she sleeps in her box on my bedroom floor...and I'm forever nudging the other things on my floor out of the way so I don't trip on her box if i have to get up in the middle of the night for any reason. It turns out that the best place for her box is right in front of my closet door, which means I have to move her in the morning when I go to get my clothes. Usually, when I'm not home, she winds up on my bed. It's darker in my bedroom so I like to leave her there when I"m gone (yay for finding ways to slow the yellowing process!) but I hate the thought of her being on my floor all day, so onto my bed she goes with her cushions and some stuffed animals. And when I'm home, she sits on the arm of my couch, next to my desk. So actually, it's more an issue of her box taking over my bedroom than of Harumei herself doing it (though since she's usually in the box at those times I suppose we could say it's her).

Louiselle, I've seen you and your icon all over the boards so I have to ask...is that Saotome Taichi in your icon??

18. shiori_hime* Yes, that is Saotome Taichi; I like nou dancing(I do not know if I spelled that right:| ) and onnagata:)

19. My lounge room is more of a doll room these days, with my five dolls as well as other people's dolls currently visiting. The couches, floor and coffee table are covered in dolls and doll clothes/shoes. x.x

20. Yep! My boys usually get first dibs on the living space, only recently did I reorganize my room, which left them with a much smaller living space of their own. T^T I have to find a way to remedy that, as I loved it when like half of my room belonged to them! Not to mention, now that I got another full doll, their living space should have grown, not shrunk lol!