1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do your dolls take over your living space?

Nov 2, 2007

1. My dolls both do and don't. They do because I live in a relatively small apartment to begin with. Plus, they've got tons of stuff like clothes, shoes and props. Luckily, I'm moving by the end of the summer so soon this won't be a problem.
      On the other hand, I don't think they take that much living space because there's just three of them.

2. I have a cat and a two bedroom apartment. So no. Besides the fact that I don't want my house to look like a small doll museum, I want the dolls that I collect to be safe, so they're all on top of a cabinet in the hallway; the darkest room of the house.

3. They've taken over a couple of shelves. If I had more room I would've had another shelf doll ready but I don't. XD

4. Yes, and no.... Because it hasn't happened yet, but there are currently 12 dolls between myself and two of my roommates... A few more will be joining our doll family, and they have a lot of clothes... More then I do at this point I think... And we plan on getting some furniture made/bought for them as well... So I think that, in the very near future, they will have taken over the house completely..

5. Yes T__T I need a third shell in my display shelf. There's no more room in there(((

6. Yes, they absolutely take over my living space! I need more room to make more displays.

7. No, they don't really take over my living space. I have them confined to one closet, and take one out at a time. I just keep them in their boxes since I don't want to throw them away.

8. If I wasn't married, they probably would take over my space, but Hubby has a limit on how much dolly stuff he can deal with visually. I'm allotted one bookshelf and one doll on my desk.

9. When I'm not actively working on them, my boys sit nicely on a shelf and don't take up too much space... Their boxes, on the other hand, are all stacked beside my bed and take up a little more room than I'd like. xD But when I'm doing things with them, it's like an explosion of doll things all over my room. @-@

10. I have no room whatsoever!! To be fair I didn't really have room beforehand... but now it's just ridiculous! When I first started collecting them I decided I only had room for 3. Then I decided on 4. Now I'm about to have 7 dolls. I'm already a book and plush hoarder and now I hoard large dolls! I am in dire need of a Tahdis.

11. Nope! Space in my room is given first to books, then to everything else. (And I have some five shelving units filled with books.) I also only have two dolls, whose items are mostly based around things I owned all ready, so it's more a case of moving things around. My YoSD sits on the top of one of the shelving units along with my marionette, my kokeki, and a few other display items including plastic dragons and matryoshka, whilst my MSD has a space in one of the other shelves when my ever-fluctuating collection of books allows it. I also have a decent amount of storage space, so boxes are kept neatly out of sight for the most part.

12. While I don't really have the issue NOW, I can see myself quickly arriving at it, and I'm pretty sure my husband will be tolerant (Considering he wants a BJD pet, so I might get him into the hobby too), but they're going to have to sit on top of dressers when not traveling. I foresee myself running out of room. But I just had to respond to you, because... don't we all need one? Just for everything?

13. No, because I made space special space just for them.

14. My dolls are fine but their accesorries do take a LOT of space.

15. Yes... dolls take up lots of space. But if it wasn't dolls, it'd be something else!!! *_*

16. Not at all--they have their allotted space on the top shelf of our bookcase (away from the cats!) and I keep all their clothing/accessories in a plastic bin in my closet. The arrangement has worked quite well for the time being, and it helps that I only have a small collection of BJDs.

17. Well, I no longer have a living room - I have a 1/3 scale living room for the dolls, lined w/my own bookshelves....LOL

18. Mine have decided to take over my bed despite the fact they own about 80% of my room with all of their own tables and furniture... About 13 of that 20% that is mine was my bed, I've been chilling on the floor for the past three weeks XD

19. In comparison to everyone else, I feel like my dolls are way more low-maintenance! XD They tend to congregate in one spot in the back room of my house, but sometimes one of them will wander to another room of the house and eventually end up with everyone else again (they also don't have a lot of stuff yet, which helps)

20. I have moved to another place and my dolls are still living in the boxes in the luggage. And probably will stay there, because it looks like the safest place for them. I take them out when I make costumes or take pictures, and usually one or two of them spend the time sitting outside the luggage, but basically this is where they are, they have their space, and don't bother anyone :)