1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DoA Merchandise

Jun 26, 2016

1. Oooooooooooh, HOW did I miss those?? :...(

2. I think it's more just the idea that people are really shy talking about being into the hobby. I'm sure I walk by people every day who are in this hobby. I live in the same town as Mint on Card so I know there have to be BJD owners around, but I've never met one. I don't think it means we are being exclusive, but it allows people who normally wouldn't talk about their hobby to find likeminded people who won't judge them for their hobby. Other hobbies all have their "things" so we could have something fun too. I don't think it should be something a person has that they hope other people notice, but more something you hope you notice on other people. Then you can start a convo. I personally wouldn't be waiting around wondering who would ask me about my button and being nervous about it. If I felt that way, I wouldn't wear the button. But with most merch (whether you like a band, etc) whenever someone asks you about it or comments on it with "I like that too" it immediately forms a connection. I think that is cool, but I usually get more excited when I see other people wearing the merch vs myself getting compliments on it. I honestly would be spending more time looking for others with the merch because I feel pretty alone in the hobby. And just bringing up my hobby when other people mention their hobbies is fine, but when they aren't into BJDs, it's not the same. I don't care if they judge, but I know some people do. The button provides the safety net and the baby step of an introduction.

I'm totally down for a shirt or a patch or whatever though. I just think something small I could throw on my purse or maybe even a keychain would be great.

3. Thank you Cynthia, I have seen those but they are very far apart and I have never seen any in my state. Meet-ups is something international but very regional. It is a way to find people you would never on your own. I would love it if there was DofA meet ups in my region. I will keep checking the DofA forums in hopes of seeing one remotely near me. :3nodding:

4. I guess I'm more concerned about using merchandise as a way to look for other people because it's kind of like sending a bat signal. You don't really know who exactly you will attract. In my personal experience, it's a near nightmare wearing certain merch because there are some interactions I would love to avoid at all times, and that's because of how the merch is shown (and probably many more factors but really). But I do want to show my interest and affiliations towards certain things so yeah, I'll risk it to meet another lovely person with the same interest as me. Considering the shy people in this hobby, it literally terrifies me to think that another sweet person may have to deal with unwanted interactions. People in this hobby are so wonderful, it would just suck to hear a story about them having a hard time because of merchandise.

And really, I'm totally down for wearing merch. It would be great to visibly and recognize others in the hobby through something that isn't as overt as holding a BJD. It's just good to be aware that it might not be all as we expected. That doesn't stop us from making it into something we can enjoy though.

I'm mostly in favor of a t-shirt and I can see it in my head right now. Since you mentioned it, a keychain would be super cute! Like a little doll with wings holding the letters DoA or something. It's super cheesy sounding but it can be cute haha.

5. As far as I know, they were a one-time April Fool's thing, maybe around 2009 or so? My wife and I both have a pair :lol:

There've also been t-shirts and things, like others have mentioned, but pins would be really cute!

6. You could always start a meetup thread yourself! That might be a great way to find other BJD owners who live nearer to you -- and once you have a group of like-minded people, everyone can choose a meetup place and time together.

#26 Cynthia in FlintHills, Jul 14, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    7. I am new to the Den of Angels but that is a good idea. Putting up a thread for meetup might bring some nice surprises.
      Thank you for suggestion :whitetruffle

8. This is the cutest thing! I love the idea of buttons and the artists designing them ;v; dolly sized DOA t-shirts will be the death of me!

9. I second the idea for a DoA patch or pin. ^-^

10. Hi everyone,

First of all, a heads up to our Cafe Press where you can already buy official DoA merchandise! This includes t-shirts, bags, underwear and more. The Big Girl Panties were indeed an April Fool's joke and were never made for sale.

We do not have plans for any new designs or merch in time for the Anniversary this year, we have a lot going on, but we will have new designs and items in the future.

Please keep in mind, Den of Angels is a privately owned site. We do not wish to have people selling goods using our name/brand/logo without permission.

#30 idrisfynn, Jul 20, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 9, 2016