1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DOD Shall--mixed feelings about her and DOD in general

Mar 18, 2006

1. Ok, I don't think this has been said. -_-

DoD lists 'Random' Acrylic eyes for their Shall. Yes. Fact.
      But SOKKUUU!!! so does Luts (granted, I only bothered checking the El page, so maybe the others don't?) , and Soom does as well.(although 'Soom' brand, not Acrylic. But still just as random).

I should point out, that other companies send 'random' wigs too, not the ones photographed. At least DoD sends the wig in the picture, or says no wig at all.

So it isn't JUST DoD that uses so called 'shoddy' photo vs. reality practices to sell their dolls.

As for the other issues: Those have been discussed. No need to repeat.

2. Good point.

All companies everywhere, *stop* using different eyes and wigs in promo pictures other than what the customer will actually receive: that is treading on the far edge of ethical behavior and just generally isn't cool. [I am aware "basic" dolls often arrive unwigged and without eyes - I am not referring to this practice.]

And putting in teensy print "Ha ha ha, you won't be getting this here, so don't act surprised when you don't" on costumed/wigged dolls doesn't make it all ethically peachy-keen, either.

Cool. Let 'em start somewheres. We need more people working with resin. Just no new people on *my* $600 doll - and if they do create Frankendoll color-wise, I should get a discount for mismatched resin pieces. That seems fair to me.

Selling seconds that trainees worked on for full price isn't exactly what I'd call "ethical" either.

Wow, this forgiveness on this issue astounds me. Speaking in general, how would you feel if your car rolled off the assembly-line with each panel of the body sprayed a different shade of red? Would that be okay with you? Would you say "Eh... they have some newbs on the line... no big deal."? It damn sure wouldn't be okay with ME - that's a lot of money on the line.

Dolls are less money, true but they're not exactly $19.99 either. Demand quality and honesty from these companies!

3. That's called business. Ever look at the package of a microwave meal? Notice how it's all fancy and pretty on the box? But it never looks like that when I take it out of the microwave. Things are played up for the ads; that's just the way it is.

I'm scared about the different-colored resins though. :ablink: Since my first BJD is coming from them.... But I can only hope for the best. And it was his little face I fell in love with anyway, so as long as there's nothing abhorrid with that (and how could there be? :3nodding: he's so cute~), I'll be happy.

4. As someone who's casting... it's pure serendipity when you end up with a cast with small seams. It's just a natural part of casting complex parts. If you really like your elfdolls better, then maybe you should just sell your DOT and get another rainy doll? :3 It's important that you be happy with your doll and not come to resent it.

5. Not really. Not on standard dolls. I can't speak for Volks or anything, but with the unlimited dolls from Custom House and Angel Region, the eyes are acrylic. And I seem to remember CP unlimited dolls coming with acrylic, but I don't know about that. There I can't speak from experience.

6. I think Illusionss point is that if Elfdoll can manage to do a fantastic job of doll production for less money, than why can't DOD produce an average doll for more money? Yeah, I'm a Rainy Fan too. They're hard to beat--sanded seams, beautiful sculpts, glass eyes and quality wigs. What you see is what you get. Some companies are just run better than others and that's that, and defending shoddy business practices is ludicrous. So what if they've hired new help--that should never be noticeable to the customer. At Walgreen's, yeah, I can deal with a befuddled clerk, but for my 550.00 doll, no.

I still want the two little DOD kids one day, they are extremely cute, but it's my decison to deal with DOD again and it's going to be a lot of work to get them the way I like my dolls. But Shall wants some siblings.

Rainman has his act together--he communicates with his customers very well, and responds well to our issues, He has his Efdoll Club on his site and makes his own photostories with his Ryung, Soah and Wu, and fools around with his dolls like the rest of us. He posts to the Yahoo Ryung-Soah group. He's a kick, and hard not to love. That's part of it too--we all feel like we know him--he sends personal emails to memebers of the group too. There's such a connection to him as a person. All this and a fabulous product too. He also produces a wonderful line of clothing, but since I sew I don't buy it--but when I get my Wu, I will. Not into sewing for guys.

BTW, I just got Emma from Volks and she isn't sanded either, but the seams are hardly noticeable. Nothing like the San Andreas Fault Line running down Shall's arm. I love Emma--my second Volks. For me-the prettiest SD13 ever made. Kinda like these Volks Folks. She works out well as a little sister to Yuki.

I had a wonderful time sewing last week--finally! Off to list the outfits on ebay. Have a good weekend people. I will--my son is coming in from CA:D I haven't seen him since Christmas--he's probably half an inch taller by now! LOL! I hope not--he's already 6' 5". When do boys stop growing? I have an actual living Hound--kinda smirky, skinny and really tall.

7. I don't know why everyone is so angry, my service with DoD was lovely! O___O!!

I hope new buyers aren't going to be put off! My DoT Sha came perfect, exactly as described, arrived VERY quickly, and I had absolutely NO PROBLEMS with the service. They were wonderful!

to LisaMarie: I am very sorry that you don't like your Shall!! ;____;! Yes, most of the things you don't like were already mentioned by DoD on their site, but that doesn't change the fact that you're disappointed! BJD's cost a LOT of money, and to get one and not be thrilled...must be very devastating. I hope you have better luck in the future!

8. Keep in mind that this thread is over a year old^^ Much can change in terms of customer service and products in that time. :)