1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does a doll change a rooms vibe?

Aug 17, 2011

1. A definite yes for me! Dolls change a room`s mood/vibe very much in my opinion. If I would go in someone`s room and see a bjd it would make me really happy , no matter what the doll`s expression is! It just feels like there`s another little someone there to keep company.
      Now speaking of my room , It`s full of dolls of all kinds . I have 40 dolls , of wich nine are bjds . My bjds have a honor display spot , in my Ikea displaying thingy. They have 2 rooms of their own(a big one and a small one) with furniture and all , right in front of my bed. I love to see them before I go to sleep.

2. I think it depends on what's already in the room. If the room is bare and doesn't have much to lighten it up, then a doll can do a lot for a room (believe me, it worked wonders for my dorm room last spring). But if there's a lot of stuff in the room already then I don't think the addition of a doll changes the mood much. It can add to the mood that already exists, but no huge change.

3. I live in Queens, and like any city with many people and limited space, you have very little to work with. I have basically attempted to cram a household into a 10x10 room, and while I adore my bjds, they can get lost amongst other elaborate nesting materials. They rest on one of four bookcases at any point, though they are currently facing the center of the room for the first time and I like it.As for dolls in general, for me it's personal taste. Some dolls are creepy, some are lovely, and I like them or I don't. I come from several generations of doll collectors (the first to have abjds) so I am used to dolls in every room. Maybe it's sad that I am desensitized, but it also means I truly appreciate the exceptional.

4. I would imagine some people get "vibes" from dolls because they are made to look like people and have expressions. Though they are not alive, they are made to look like things that are.
      Personally, I do not get "vibes" from my dolls. They change the look of the room like any large, unusual object, and I may feel pleased if I see them and think they look nice, but I would not say I feel a vibe.

5. Mine change my room! I recently had it re-decorated and had shelves put in where they sit and it's the first thing you see when you walk in my room so they attract more attention then the other random things in my room. So people are either impressed on first look or creeped out!

6. I believe they change the entire feel of the room. Even though I only have a few off-topic dolls at the moment, they do cause me to have different vibes from them ^_^

7. I think it depends on the doll, what it's wearing, where it's sitting (ect.) My boy right now seems pouty, that might be because he's only wearing a skimpy apron ;)

8. I actually find they bring warmth to a room! They are a very positive room addition and always make me happy when I see them, so there is definitely that vibe when I go in the room where my dolls reside. :)

9. I am not sure about a vibe... But I do feel differently about a room with a doll in it. My "hobby room", where most of my "on-topic" dolls reside (in their own little room that I arranged for them!) has a wonderful, dreamy athmosphere because of them. Even though it is a tiny box with white walls, so full of sewing, painting and crafting materials, warhammer miniatures, books, old computer parts and...well, dolls... that one can hardly move in there, in reality. And everytime I bring one of them to sit in the living-room, I feel more happy there too.

10. Well, two of my dolls are currently sitting on one my of bookshelves, just below the shelf I have my whole doujinshi collection which, in turn, is below the shelf where I put all my yaoi manga and artbooks. Other of my dolls is standing on my desk, just by this Pixiv fanart I had printed to hang on my wall, and nearby the Revoltech figurines I own, so... I guess you can tell I'm an otaku (not so much anime, but rather videogame fan and fandom lurker), so I don't feel my BJDs change the whole mood of the room for me... but I do feel comfy and soothed by having them around me. To the point that, if I'm stressed or feeling gloomy, I tend to feel way better after holding them or playing with them for a moment.

Now, my dolls do change the mood of my room - for my friends and relatives. Apart from my mother and my siblings, every single relative and friend who's seen my dolls and commented on them, has told me the same: "How can you sleep in the same room as those dolls?" Meaning, they're so freaked out by my dolls, they feel uncomfortable just by being nearby them. From their comments I can assume my friends and relatives are afraid of finding my dolls glancing at them, following them with their eyes across the room, or trying to get down from the bookshelf to go after them...

11. I would say so. I feel differently when I've got resin out of their boxes and hanging out than when they're all stored away. It makes the room feel both more occupied and more mine. I do find I need to occasionally change their clothing and positions to prevent that feeling from getting stale.

12. I definitely think dolls change the room's vibe. Whenever I enter the room where most of my dolls are, I get such a happy feeling and it cheers me up when I'm sad. Sometimes when I just pass the room, I have to wait a while, stand there and look at them.

13. Just having a doll in the room, regardless of doll, makes me happier. My office is much happier today with Sixx hanging out at my desk. :)

14. I don't mimic that at all, but there are vibes that come from dolls even if its probably our mental note and review of them in the room on a subconcious level. I feel as if I don't know the true nature of any doll until I actually handle or at least look closely at it and can get a feel for what the actual owner of the doll may feel about the doll. With my own dolls I just feel a little happier even if it's a grouchy doll sitting with me in a room. After a hard 12hour day of work, I am glad to see my little boys sitting there waiting for me patiently to return.

15. I had a friend who would not enter my room when my one doll was in the room, I think that says a little something about the vibe dolls can give. But I would assume it also flows with people's interests and fears. If you have a doll fear more than likely the room will feel a little creepy if you have realistic dolls sitting and staring at you haha. But I find the presence of my dolls almost comforting - it feels weird when they're not in my bedroom.

16. me and my gf both have in a sum about five dolls and they all are allowed to sit all around the room in different poses and places and i can honestlyy say comeing home to seeing them right after work makes a big relaxin for me becouse i feel as if they make he room more lively and vibrant when i enter its just relaxing

17. I would have to say 'YES'. When a doll is in my room (my dolls are kept in my sisters room for safty reasons) I feel a sort of presence. The same presence a person would feel as if a dog or a cat or any animal were in their room silently sleeping or watching your every move.

P.S.
      No, I am not going crazy-.-

18. i think so, i know some of my friends would not enter my room with my doll inside, and most of them tell me that it looks creepy. and i guess it does, to a certain extent, since he's pretty life-like. but i was quite surprised to find myself creeped out when i get him out of his box for the 1st time in a year (was busy and i kept moving places) it was unexpected. didn't feel anything weird the second day though..