1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else feel like they need more than one head for the same character?

Jul 28, 2016

1. I love the idea of multiple expressions of the same sculpt, so when they exist, I do try to get them. It's mainly been standard/sleeping pairs, since that's what's most common, but I also have a "scar" head for one of my dolls for no real reason except that it's an alternate of his sculpt!

If there were other alternates for the sculpts I have, I'd try to get them, too. I've been tempted to hunt down spare heads to mod, too. When even "just a sleeping head" can open up so many more looks, it's fun to think of what else could be done with even more expressions.

2. Yes, another Unoa fan here so I love the winking, yawning, growling, sleeping and smiling expressions! One of the "problems" with multiple heads or faceplates though is eyes. When they are expensive and you need to switch them each time you switch a plate or head. Also increasing the chance of accidentally scratching the eyes.

3. I do too! But I have several different sculpts in mind for my characters. I'd like to try their faces on different sculpts :)

4. I have like an idle desire for more expressions faceplates, but then I think about how I still haven't bought the sad head for my David Kuncci.

So maybe this is a project for later.

5. Haven't gone with a second head for any of the dolls I have, but I'm definitely getting a sleeping head for my next boy-- I want him to have a fairly pleasant look, but be able to have a pissy/disgruntled look, eyes squeezed shut and brows drawn.

6. I've got a sleeping faceplate for my Pukifee and it's fun to be able to change!
      For Latis it's more difficult since you have to change the whole head, but I'm planning to get another head for my winking Belle so she can open both eyes sometimes (though I want it to be the same model, so quite difficult to find).

7. I'm so glad Im not the only one because it's been bothering me that I need to do such a thing for my characters. But the thing is... how do I get the same head with a different mouth? Like does anyone even sell that??? Because I'd need a grin, a closed mouth, and a grimace at least. Also rip us all because this will be so expensive.

8. Some companies sell face plates (Unoa's have various expressions), and there are a few with different versions of the same head. Or you can track down different expressions on molds that aren't the same but are similar enough that it will still work (Ringdoll Mona - a crying sculpt - works as an alternate head for any that is the same size, shape with large eyes and small nose)...or you buy a few heads and start modding XD

9. I like multiple heads for certain characters. Petra, my UniverseDoll De'Ath/FantasiaDoll Muscle body hybrid has two heads and I've modded them to be exchangeable without messing around with the elastic and the s-hook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. If i could only afford it I would have one for every emotion...

11. Unoa have expression faceplates. Sist has a sort of grimacing face called "bully", both Sist and Lusis have smiling wink faces, they both have dozing faces, there is a sleep face. (some people open/mod the eyes for even more variety.

Wow, impressive @americanseamstress , I should take inspiration for this and mod a Unoa FP into an alter ego or death face for my Lusis, what a great idea!

#31 mimimontoya, Mar 4, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018