1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

does anyone feel like they've spent too much money?

Jul 3, 2006

1. I feel like I spend too much money on everything. :lol:
      I deal with that feeling by reminding myself that it's not something that'll just poof after I buy it. It's an investment of time and money into something I'll enjoy. I always have money when I need it, so I don't need to feel guilty about spending it as long as I remain responsible. If I start throwing caution to the wind...then I'll probably be justified in feeling I spend too much.
      There are times where i think "I could've used that money for something else!" And yeah, I could have. But I chose not to, and that's a choice I have to live with. Besides, there's not enough time to do everything and have everything anyways, even if I had the money to afford them all at once. I'd rather try and focus my time and efforts on what I have now, rather than what could have been.

2. I have spent too much money and really should downsize a bit, but not only for the money but the fact I'd like to have few more wigs, shoes, clothes for the ones I really like. Perhaps some different eyes too. Also, there's the matter of space. With keeping all the boxes, it does take up a lot of room.

3. Usually always. I can buy a really good wig that I know will look great and cringe as I pay for it. But all hobbies have costs.
      But I mostly marvel at how many dolls have cropped up around me in the past 3 years... Not that I regret any of them.

4. YES!But I'm happy!

5. I only feel that way when I'm poor... I can't even look at my luxury items, dolly or otherwise, when I am poor.

6. I spent more than I sell. 0 regret because I make sure whatever I spent on are not impulse buys.

7. When i look back and add all the money up i feel ive spent to much but i keep going ahaha thats bad! XD

8. In normal circumstances, I would definitely feel like I've spent too much on this hobby.
      But the fact that I've spent more on kpop albums(126 was my last count, waiting on three in the mail) than I've spent on all my dolls put together calms me down a bit.
      When I get paid, I usually have to decide which hobby I want to spend money on. I would not be able to afford buying stuff for both at the same time.

9. Sometimes yes...
      But when I'm satisfied with the purchase, it faded away quickly :P

10. Usually, I feel like the money I spend is worth it. Even when I impulse buy I still have sure I want the thing enough to even consider getting it.

11. I guess I don't get the connection. "Too much" sounds like a negative thing to me, so I can't say yes and say "but I don't regret it" at the same time. I love my dolls and I see more of what they've brought me in terms of creative expression/freedom, stories, my own personal character building and creating happy memories and events in my life. I honestly - honestly cannot see a price tag when I think about them. Sure, they're a lot of money! And for some reason I only want the really expensive ones Q_Q, but the thought never crosses my mind after I make the purchase. Hardly before it. I am by no means rich - I make $9 an hour with no credit cards or other sources of doll funds - but I always find a way to buy something I really love. And after that it's hard to focus on much else other than how happy I am :)

Sometimes when I come across hard times I look at them for a quick chunk of money, but regret hurts more and "buy again"s don't exist. Thankfully I've got my gang all where I want them, so I couldn't sell even if I tried. No more revolving door for me lol Now the feeling of "too much money" is even harder to feel.

Sorry for the long post I just <3 my guys so much.

12. YES. Oh. My. God. Yes.

I'm going to teach summer school this year just to buy more dolls. I hate summer school.

13. All the time. I'll buy something then think of all the other things I could havebought instead. I've started thrifting, or going to antique stores to look for dolly items. Such as furniture and sometimes clothes. They're really cheap and sometimes you get great finds. The toy store next to my apartment love keeping a look out on things for my dolls!

14. I apparently posted here a few years ago, and reading back is quite interesting XD . I spoke of how I wouldn't feel guilty if I didn't live with and depend on my parents, and now that I'm mostly that, I HAVE been going crazy with my spending. But I'm still a bit guilty, hahaha. They still do support me in many ways, and of course, I also want to be a responsible gal.

I'm in Korea now, with my first well-paying job and living on my own for the first time. All these combined, along with amazing luck with the dolls I've wanted for years being released, has led to me going shopping crazy! I've gotten three dolls, so many clothes, wigs, accessories, and expensive urethane eyes. I think it's more spending on the doll hobby in this one year than I've done in the 5 years before it XD ! Thinking about it all combined is scary; I think I'm getting close to reaching the 10k mark, and that's so scary...

I've still managed to save a few thousand here though. I want one more doll for certain on my wishlist, and it's not pricey either. Once I have that, the the mystic eyes I want for everyone, and one more big purchase of wigs/shoes/clothes to set up all these new dolls, I feel like I can take a break from this kind of doll shopping 'like I'm on a mission' for a long time.

I plan to give myself a hard limit of $1500 for the year of 2016, including the last doll I want. I don't know if I'll be able to keep that promise, but I definitely need to limit the spending a lot more from now on!

15. Constantly, but I'm fine with indulging in things that help make life bearable :3nodding:

16. I always have buyer's remorse. It's annoying, but it also helps me really think about how much I'm spending. As long as I can pay off my monthly student loans and put other money away into my savings, I can tell myself that I can afford this. I just scare myself when I think about waking up one day and hating all my dolls and not being able to get my money back. I'm starting to feel that way about my MH and EAH dolls, but I'll probably donate them and give them good homes.

17. Yes but I don't regret it. If I'm ever iffy on buying a new outfit or doll, I just have to think how often I would play with them compared to the others. If I ever lose interest in the hobby, I would be able to get most of my money back compared to if I went into other hobbies.

18. Mmm not really. My friends give me flak for spending so much money on dolls, but the money I use on them wouldn't be going to anything else in particular and there's nothing I need money for other than daily necessities. Plus it's going to something that I care about and spend my time on. So no, I don't feel like I've spent too much, but when I add it all up I'm always surprised.

19. I don't necessarily feel bad about the money I spent, because I don't have any hobbies currently. And plenty of people have/have had expensive hobbies for years, so spending a couple hundred dollars on a doll and clothes that will make me happy in the long run seems like no big deal. I rarely get buyer's remorse, though.

20. I only spend what I can afford, but I do sometimes think I spend a lot in one go when I buy a doll or do a big order for dollie stuff.