1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

does anyone feel like they've spent too much money?

Jul 3, 2006

1. I mean your whole situation, I am also buying all the dolls I wanted because I'm getting an apartment soon (Oct/Nov this year) and my dolls have way more clothes than I do xD;;;

2. I think thats the best way to do it. Rent does have this habit of putting a cremp in things. So says my dad.

3. *nod* At least, I can get dolls slower once i have the bulk out of the way. 7 done, 2 to go :3

4. Awsome! I have one girl now and two more to go before I have ta move...I'm so glad I got a job

5. Job = good xD; Especially in the hobby, eh?

6. Yep -_- My parents are like "WTF?! But...its just a Doll...thing!" Dad has to add the "thing" for some reason. Its kinda funny. But yeah...job is good!

7. Well, I don't feel bad about individual purchases, but adding everything up, and adding up all the things I would like to eventually have, yes, it makes me feel somewhat guilty. Although it makes me happy, I can't help thinking that at least part of the money could be better spent on something else.

I think a big part is that we buy things that are durable, everything is there and they stay beautiful, so we add the cost up, and that could be a very impressive number after awhile:)

8. Ya got a point there

9. I was just thinking about this today...I racked up quite a few CC bills and need to tone down my spending...um yeah...so I will have to dip into my IRA and pay them off...the downside is I get socked with taxes and fees for an early withdrawal and next year at tax time I won't get alot back but at least they will be paid, and I will have my dolls...
      my roommate suggested I sell some of the dolls to pay back the cards....I told him "NO! I like them that is why I bought them. I'd only have to rebuy them..." Besides they make me happy....kind of another childhood.
      so after the holiday its off to the bank to withdraw some retirement money to pay for them...besides when I retire, {if i live that long} I may be too old {sick, disabled etc} to enjoy them and I want to do that now......besides..they may be worth more then..and if I need the money...welll I don't want to think about that..

10. i always buy little things but the little things add up... yes i spend way too much . i can still afford what i buy but i used a bit of my savings for a doll so yeh i gotta stop spending >_<

11. occasionally i look at my dolls beside me and think of how much converted money is sitting there... but only very occasionally. they're my only indulgence.

12. No, not really. I've never been in trouble because I wanted to buy stuff for my dolls-like not having money left for bills and stuff-that would be stupid, and well..they're my hobby. Any hobby is expensive. My sister goes out every weekend, and when you add all that up, she spends more than I do. My dolls make me happy, just looking at them, making clothes for them, taking pictures of them, doing face-ups..I love it ^^ And well..what good would the money be if it was just in the bank doing nothing? I don't need too many 'real life' things right now, and I suppose I should enjoy it while I can.

13. I wouldn't feel so bad about the money I spent on my dolls if it wasn't for the fact that I'm 19, a week behind on rent, and have 2000 dollars worth of credit card debt... Deep inside I know the money for my dolls.. really should have gone to my credit cards.. I have a feeling though once my babies get here, I won't care anymore.

14. Well, I sometimes feel like I've overspent (don't we all in this particular hobby!). I think the trick is to stay within your means and budget. Being thrifty for a month or two is different than being kicked out of your house and living on the streets. :)

15. Sometimes I do feel that way.. Cos I do spend a fair bit of money on myself and other stuff. ^_^;; But everytime I look at my boy and he looks back, that sort of feeling just goes away and I know it will be all worth it at the end.

16. I don't really have a limit on how much I'll spend, I guess as long as I'm happy it's alright!

...And as long it's it's your money.

17. Yikes, I DO feel guilty, especially right now, lol ^^;;

But I love my boys, and I'm trying not to buy a lot of clothes *emphasizes trying* right now, at least. I'm gonna try sewing again, even though a blind monkey has better skills than I do at that.

I also know that all in all, this is a good money investment. I used to buy LOTS of manga and anime, and as you might know, if you try selling your manga they'll go like for half the original cost or even less... GAH!
      So if I ever need/want (not happening soon I hope!) to sell them, I won't lose that much money *sighs*

That said, let me go buy another boy! yeah! *goes empty her savings account*

18. I know that feeling. All through clicking the buttons to submit and confirm my order for my first girl (who is torturing me by taking her sweet time in getting here!), there was that little voice in the back of my mind saying "You know, you could probably PAY OFF one of your credit cards with this money..."

......But the way I see it, you only live once. If I waited to do anything until everything was exactly as I'd like it to be (in this case, if I waited to order my doll until all my credit cards were paid in full, my car was paid off, etc), I'd be waiting the rest of my life, ya know?

19. No, I don't think I'll ever feel bad about spending on these dolls, no matter how much I spend in total on them, because I once impulse bought $200 worth of yaoi doujin.

That's a purchase to be ashamed of.

20. Sometimes i look at my dolls and go, omg! so much money! But i love them, so i have to accept that. i guess it comes down to do you personally think it's worth it? HECK YES! when everyone bugs the heck out of me, my dolls are there for me, and that's priceless! :)