1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

does anyone feel like they've spent too much money?

Jul 3, 2006

1. Mostly I feel badly for buying such an expensive luxury item when there are people in this world who have difficulty affording necessities. Especially considering that I am currently attending an expensive college:\. Mayhaps, though, I will donate a set percentage of my earnings to a good cause in order to assuage my bleeding heart? We're not monks, after all, and these dolls do seem to bring an almost unbelievable amount of happiness^_^.

2. I'm ok. Just so long as I don't think about it to much (like how much cool loli/punk clothing I could get for what my Delf El is going to set me back)

I get by looking at is like this; This is my doll money. This money won't work on anything but dolls.

This is my lolita/punk/fruits/cosplay/life money. This money won't work on anything but lolita/punk/fruits/life. Since I have no life (ie; can't drive) things are pretty easy. ^-^;;

So yeah, as long as I feel there's a balance (Ex: I have nice things and my doll has nice things) I'm good. But sometimes thinking about all the dolls I want and how much I want to spoil them makes me lay awake at night and wonder about myself.

3. I KNOW that I've spent too much money but I don't feel guilty about it. I figure once the bills are paid, the rest is fair game. Since I don't really indulge in anything else & the dolls bring me joy, well, I treat myself probably more than I should. Still, sometimes I think that I could have fixed a few things around the house instead but with 3 cats, new carpeting & a new sofa aren't really wise investments anyway.

4. I always feel like I've spent too much and I haven't even spent anything yet! But I assume that feeling goes away once my 70cm god of hotness shows up on my doorstep... :XD:

Though I'm really silly about the clothes. I don't want my doll to wear anything more expensive than what I wear... I guess it's some weird way of trying to shut up my monetary conscience...

5. Oh I always feel guilty about it!
      The dolls, the clothes, the time spent with them.
      I just bulldoze the feelings though and suck it up. ;)

6. It's sure, I have spent too much money for them.

And I try to control myself, but I always see anything would fit perfectly to them...
      And stopping going on websites isn't efficient, 'cuz each time I go in an IRL shop I see something for them...

*I'll finish to stay at home 24/24, 7/7 XD*

7. Dolls are my only luxury :( I feel guilty spending, but after I get the items, I wouldn't dream of selling them.

8. I really try not to think about it too much. There's always something else the money could go for, but I'm pretty certain it wouldn't make me nearly as happy :)

9. I just realized how much I've spent on doll clothes and dolls in past 2 months, ...and it's kinda disgusting. about $1600-1700 without even thinking! the worst is without thinking part. It's just so dangerous. I've never done that for myself!

I tell myself NEVER AGAIN!!! .......until next unoa boy pre order starts!!! :lol:

10. I don't have a credit card, I don't have an over draft, I have no debt, and my bills are paid, anything I spend after that is fair game and I refuse to feel guilty about it :lol: Buying something like a doll that holds it value has GOT to be better than drinking or smoking the cash afterall! :)

11. Nah, every penny I spent was worth it, and the few times it wasn't I just resold what ever it was to get my money back.

Sera~

12. LOL! I'm sorry but I find the title of this thread funny, because I always feel I'm spending too much money on my resin but I keep doing it anyway.

13. I just spent nearly a month's pay on a doll. I feel it's too much money yeah! (Must add, though I work full time it's not where my living money comes from, it's just where my 'pocket money' comes from. I don't want anyone to think I starve to have dolls XD)

14. Well I'm very picky about how I spend my money. So I usually take a week to think about buying something. And if I forget that I even want it then that's good. But if I keep thinking about it then I set up a plan to buy it.

15. Yes, I've spent too much money. Thousands of dollars. Lots on clothes and wigs and eyes... Just buying the dolls gets you into a thousand or two or three...

I may enjoy it all, I may plan and save and think about it--but it's a lot of money--and definitely (to me) too much. I need to cut down on spending. *_*

16. I've spent this money slowly over years, so it doesnt feel to frivolous...

but when you add it all together, if I was to sell everything I had doll-wise for what I originally paid for it or more...
      that's a lot of money!!! things really add up!
      so in a way, yes, I've spent too much. ha...

I am definitely spending much less than I used to, as I'm not really buying dolls anymore, or at least I'm actively trying not to. and many types of outfits I wanted, I already have. but yeah... it's hard!

17. i have to plan where and how much money to spend on when there's a lot(of money) required for cosplay and sub-culture fashion. but spending too much money on my dolls can be a little bad for me since i'll have cosplay debts later... ><;

18. All the time and there's always that sense of guilt or frivolty for spending so much on something that's not an everyday essential. I reprimanded myself constantly whenever I purchased things for my dolls that cost more than their human counterparts but then I guess I'll never change for want of beautiful stuffs.

19. I hadn't felt guilty until this past month... I splurged and bought one new full doll, plus two bodies for floating heads. When you add the new clothes/eyes/wigs for them, it came up to a pretty hefty total (even though many of the items were on sale or less expensive options to begin with). Though I love my purchases, I wish I'd spread them out a bit so my budget isn't quite so strained at the moment. >_<

20. yes I do, and I don't even buy that much stuff... but then I think... I don't really buy stuff for myself that often, I don't have expensive hobbies or habits (such as smoking or drinking :lol: ) So... if it makes me happy that's what money is for :)

So long as I still have the money for more important things in life (and I would never spend more than I can) the things I buy for my doll are like little gifts to myself, everybody deserves gifts :lol: