1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll seem to move by itself? Amusing or a little annoying?

Nov 28, 2007

1. Mine do it too! It can be cute OR frustrating..or just plain weird.

Amir and Loki are my favorites with this. They both tend to want to cuddle with me. Amir curls up and puts his head on my shoulder when I pick him up, and Loki crosses his arms on my shoulder, chin on his wrists like he's pouting. Once when I was really upset over something, I picked up Spencer (my friend's doll) and he wrapped his arms around my neck, head on my chest. I instantly felt better. I love it!

Others I think just try to be annoying. Every time I try to dress or pose Venice, she kicks her left knee making it a fight. I just got Cosmos yesterday and straight out of the box, he jerked his arm and hit me. But he's my sweetheart, so I think maybe he was just scared because he was naked, wigless and eyeless and didn't know what was grabbing him. :P He's been an angel since he's been put all together.

And lastly, sometimes it's just confusing. Like the other night when Spencer decided to hug Amir....since Spencer is married to Amir's bff and Amir is dating Spencer's bff and both are totally faithful and neither is the cuddly type with friends. Though in role play Amir had been upset that night, maybe Spencer was just comforting him, since they are good friends and it didn't appear to be anything other than a friendly hug.

2. My Doll Chateau Bella, Elva, has a little quirk like this. Whenever I set her on her butt, legs straight out, she always crosses her ankles on her own. It's adorable. :)

3. Haha. I don't have any of my dolls strung too tight, so if they're not balanced right, sometimes they fall/flop over into amusing positions. xD I like it. ...Except during photoshoots I guess. Especially large group photoshoots. :P

4. I had just deboxed a new guy, and wanted to take pictures of him with the girl I was going to pair him up with. However, he was a slightly larger scale than she, and I wasn't sure it would work. I had them set up face to face, and just as I snapped the picture, he leaned forward a little, as though he were giving her a peck on the forehead. LOL, I call that picture, "Babe, you need a step stool!"

5. My girl groped another doll by herself at a meet. I was perfectly suited to her straight forward and very sexual personality. We took pictures.

6. My doll sometimes moves on her own and i find it very funny watching people's reactions. Like when i'm holding her or she's sitting with me and her arm moves or her head tilts it's very cute and funny. The only time i get kind of annoyed is when i try to put certain clothes on her that she'll "fight with me" to get them on :|

7. I think it's so funny when my little boy does that! He has a few little stuffed animals that I used to play with when I was little and sometimes he cuddles up with them when I'm not in the room. It's so cute. But then I hate how with some clothes he fights with me and doesn't want them on so it's like I have to gently restrain him so that I can get the clothes on.

8. My Nowe gets weak in the knees when in front of other people. While I can stand him and pose him just perfectly when I'm on my own, attempting to do that in front of people just results in Nowe being unable to stand, his legs bending and/or kicking all the time. > .>

Eien seems to love creeping people out by randomly tilting his head at times xD

9. same! I usually prefer my dolls a bit more loose. I love when they move on their own because most of the time they take super natural pose! and I don't even have to do any work B)

10. My friends Dearmine Lycoris with the SLIGHTEST move or touch, kicks his left leg, back.
      ALL THE TIME. Very very annoying to me because he puts himself in countless risk of falling,
      Luckily We've managed so far to always catch him.

11. Abel has this habit of whacking me sometimes. ;A; But most of the time, he's a huge sweetie. This evening, I pecked him on top of the head, and when I pulled back, he put his head down, all embarrassed. :'D It was so adorable! I love it when he moves by himself, even if he abuses me sometimes, haha.

12. One time I thought my doll moved on its own but it turned out my mom was playing with him while I was out lol…
      But seriously though my doll's arms are strung too tight so whenever I try to lift his arms up he would put them down so I usually end up scolding my doll for being so stubborn

13. Well I hot glue suede one of my doll's head awhile ago (first try, didn't do a good job).
      One day I notice his head has tilted upward side way when I remembered that I had him faced front, didn't think much of it, so I strengthen his head again, days later, again his head tilted up, went on for about a month. So I sat, strengthen his head, wait and watch. Then it happen, very slowly his head started to move and tilt upward! It was weird and he has one of those devilish mischievous faceup! I re hot glue his head and now it hold better position. But watching him move his head like that, it's chilled my bone.

14. While I'll admit that my little Eian's head does favor turning to the left, I was a little confused one day while I was sitting in class. He was sitting in my jacket pocket with his head and arms poking out, and he was looking to the right.

I figured that I'd just bumped him and he turned his head, so I made him face forward again. A minute or so later, I just had an odd feeling and looked back down at him, only to find him looking to the right again. When I followed his line of sight, I noticed that he was looking at my professor. xD It made me laugh because it looked like Eian was listening to the so-called lesson, too!

15. When I'm shooting it's a pain in the arse! When I'm just sitting with them it's nice that they have a little life of their own. They tell me things in a way, let me know things they want or don't want. ;)

16. thats how i found out that my girl is a brat who only likes pj's. she kicked her foot around to stop the jeans coming on, i got one leg covered and she kicked me with the other, then spread her legs so i couldnt pull the jeans up. i gave up and put on pj's and she let those slide right on XD

17. my doll move ... a lot :sweat
      he came really loosy and since i'm a beginner i can't re-string him so i plan to wait until dollmeet at april later to ask my friend for help ~

even though he is loosen really bad (around jointed) whenever i try to pick him up when he sitting down , he always ... i do mean always head bang me :doh

one time i was sleeping with him , he was on the other pillow and far from my pillow (i dont want to slap him when i sleep :sweat)
      and the morning came hes sleeping next to me almost like cuddling my arm (i was so relief i didn't squeeze him :sweat)

and other day i left him on my brother's bedroom while i went to buy dinner , when i came back he already laying on bed with his arm on his neck (like relaxing pose ... like in my signature ... :sweat)

18. This reminds me of when I first got my Resinsoul Song, Quinn. My boyfriend wanted to have a look at him so I handed him over he looks my boy over and goes "I don't like this one as much as your other one." at which point he got booted in the arm! Apparently Quinn wasn't so enthused about not being the favourite!