1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll wear shoes?

Jul 10, 2014

1. I only have one pair of shoes, and if those don't go with the outfit he's currently wearing, looks like me boy is going barefoot!

2. It depend on the outfit they are wearing.
      If they are in 'comfy' clothes barefoot or socks just because it looks nicer.
      If they are in a proper outfit then whatever shoes they have or barefoot if it goes with the outfit...I only have 1 pair for each my dolls at the moment sooo.

3. I feel that I would be content whether my dolls wore shoes or not, however that being said, if my doll had a really cute outfit or a few where shoes would really complete the look or were a must, then in that case I would have them wear shoes. Or as another person mentioned, if I was doing a photoshoot. Other than that, it works either way.

4. All of my dolls wear shoes...
      My outfits for them are just complete, if their wear eyes, a wig, some clothes and shoes. xD

5. A few of my dolls wear shoes.. That's because I need to buy more shoes for the rest of my dolls. I wish they wouldn't be expensive. ;-;

6. at first they didnt, but later on i found it strange taking photos without wearing shoes

7. No ; ;
      Shoes are expensive and I can't justify buying a teeny pair of shoes for 20 dollars, so my gal is barefoot. I'm sure eventually I'll either give in and buy some shoes or get into shoe making lol.

8. My dolls wear shoe! And I like to buy shoes for my doll!!

9. Billy has two pairs of shoes (the most out of any of my boys) and almost never wears them. Vince has one pair and often wears them, but sometimes I like holding his little bare foot in my hand because it's so smooth, so like... sometimes the shoes come off for cuddle-time. And Pete doesn't have any shoes because slim mini boys are hard to shop for... but he can absolutely borrow the shoes from my sister's MNF girl, so right now while she has her high heel feet on, he's wearing her flat-foot sneakers.

I like little bare dolly feet, so I hadn't really been in a hurry to find him more permanent shoes... Like, I also love doll shoes! But I can appreciate doll shoes when they're lined up on a shelf just as easily as when they're on doll feet, so... /shrug

10. Ahaha! They only have shoes if I can afford them shoes :lol: when at home, they chill barefoot :dance

11. i dont like my dolls being barefoot. all my dolls have at least one pair they wear at all times :)

12. Always. The only dolls who don't wear shoes are dolls who have fantasy feet (hooves, paws) or no feet at all (mermaid).

13. For me it depends on the type of character the doll is portraying. Some of my dolls are more "realistic" characters, they need shoes to make their outfits look complete, but others are more fantasy-supernatural-creature kind of characters and bare feet really suit them.

14. hmn... I usually put on shoes on em especially when where going on a dolly meet...

15. All of my boys, when I get them clothes have to wear shoes!! This is a nonnegotiable thing with me, my boys need to be properly dressed just I would be! Yeah it costs me $$$ but I knew what I was getting into when I started this hobby!

16. Yes, but recently I removed the only pair of shoes I own for mine. For now he's just got socks until I buy a pair easier to slip on and off!

17. I have amassed a good collection of shoes, but for some reason only a handful of my dolls wear shoes. I do not know why it is that some of my dolls wear shoes or why others simply don't.
      :sweat

18. My dolls wear shoes all the time of corse unles i going to bath

19. All my dolls has shoes on except my new girls and I haven't found the right ones for them.

20. All of my dolls have shoes! A long time ago when I started collecting other types of dolls (Blythe) they could be fine without shoes. But as my perception of dolls evolved, nowadays they all have shoes (and plenty to spare) + most times they also wear underwear.