1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll wear shoes?

Jul 10, 2014

1. Mine do unless they're natural creatures like elves and angels. Then I don't see them wearing shoes unless I feel they really need it.

2. I own one pair of shoes for my doll and since she has an odd foot size.. she can't wear them! It's pretty funny. I think for now I'll just stick with socks or tights. hehe

3. My dolls wear socks. I haven't bought shoes yet but if I did then they would have way too many! :drool

4. It took me a long time to get shoes for all of my dolls, so they didn't for a long time.
      When set in my bedroom, some wear shoes and some don't at different times, depending on which outfit they are wearing, where they are supposed to be, or how lazy I was last time I dresses them.

I typically put them in shoes for meets, though last meet at my house, one of my dolls was barefoot.

5. as my barbies are always without shoes due to them getting lost easily i find it natural to keep my bjd bare foot as well. that and i don't have shoes for her yet lol but i plan an crocheting a pair of slippers for her at least

6. OMG! I love doll shoes! BJD shoes are so cute! Buying shoes is part of the fun of this hobby.

Funny, my dolls actually have more shoes than I do! :doh

7. Honestly it depends on the situation and the dolls character. I only have one doll currently and her character loves shoes so yes, most of the time she does wear them.

8. My dolls usually wear shoes. Right now the only exception is when they are wearing their pajama, then shoes don't really fit the occasion. And of course my tiny dolls don't have shoes at all, only one of them have human feet and I haven't found so tiny shoes anywhere. Maybe I should try finding her shoes too.

9. I don't plan for my first BJD to wear shoes at all, so that's a huge chunk of money saved imo! It just suits his character better, thankfully.

10. Nope, and i don't plan to get shoes for them, mainly because they have awkward shoe sizes and i prefer them in socks, If i was to get some though they would probably be slippers ^^

11. If I've shoes that go with the outfit, then yes.

12. My dolls must have shoes. xD I just feel like their outfits are incomplete if they don't have a cute pair of shoes to finish off their look.

13. As of now, none of them wears shoes... (;・∀・) I still haven't found the right ones for them, but can't wait to get Mako a pretty pair of geta!

14. It depends. I love looking at dolly feet, just holding them and such. Hahahaha... I use shoes to make them stand better, though. Or if I wanna dress them up.

15. Only for photos and when she's outside, when she is just chilling out at home with me I don't feel the need to put her shoes on.

16. Aelic wears shoes most of the time. He has an adorable pair of slip-on's (that I think I got from Dollmore) that fit perfectly and go with most of his outfits~ They're a huge help when it comes to standing outside!

17. None of my girls have any shoes yet lol, not because I am uninterested in them, I just haven't gotten any yet. I have struggled finding ones that I really love, or if I do love them I am unsure if they'll fit. I should just take the plunge and buy some, but I just get nervous to spend close to $25 on something that may not even work for my girls. I have looked up lots of different vendors that carry sizes that people say fit, but I just haven't taken the leap to buy any yet lol. So it isn't that they don't wear them because its part of their character, its more so that I'm nervous, poor, and lazy lol :mwahaha

18. Most of my dolls wear shoes. However, some do not have human feet and cannot wear shoes.

19. One of my dolls has heel feet and I just put her first pair of shoes on yesterday. They are black heel quarter boots. They seem big and clunky looking on her, but with shoes she can stand on her own. I like them, but I don't love them. I think she will be a sock wearing doll most of the time, unless I need some photos of her in a specific outfit. At least until I find shoes that are perfect. My other Lillian doll has flat feet and she looks so cute with bare feet or socks. I'm dying to get those adorable bunny ear boots from Mint on Card though. I will probably buy those soon!

20. As a few others have said it depends. I have one with shoes and one without. The one with shoes though is a bit of a proper Victorian girl. Back in those days both women and men had to dress a certain including shoes. My other doll comes from modern times, and is a wild little kid, she would run around in just her underwear if I let her lol.