1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll wear shoes?

Jul 10, 2014

1. All my dolls wear shoes when they are dressed up and standing. But if I have to sleep them in the closet (inside a plastic box) I would take off their shoes.

2. I only have one full doll so far, and she is going to shell a specific character so I want to make her a couple of pairs of shoes that this character would wear, but I think otherwise she would be barefoot most of the time as I think it's cute heh

3. Three of mine wear boots, one is barefoot at all times. The other two planned ones have hooves so no shoes there either lol.

But yeah, with nhar the only shoes I could imagine him wearing were something like gladiator sandals, and he looks cool barefoot because it shows off his clear feet so he's staying like that for now.

4. If it's not in character to wear shoes, they probably wouldn't. Shoes WOULD be nice.... but they often cost almost as much if not more than shoes MY size...That said, I think they're a nice finishing touch on an outfit, especially if the character is the type who would wear shoes.

5. yes sure. My dolls wear shoes. Without them they are not complete, for me.

6. My guys generally don't wear shoes unless it's a photo shoot or we're going out for the day. Some of my harder-to-fit lovelies don't even have shoes of their own yet! ^^; But mostly shoes are so fiddly to take off and on that I don't bother usually. (That goes double for myself, incidentally.)

I do have a couple of dolls who do wear shoes or boots full-time, just because I can't imagine them being the sorts to hang around in socks or bare-foot.

7. Always....because I find shoes the cutest things ever! Miniature shoes are adorable. It's like seeing babies with tiny shoes...super cute! I love it when I find an amazing pair of shoes for my girls. The funny thing is I hate wearing shoes in real life! They come off as soon as I walk in the door!

8. Hmm... Most of them, character wise, wear boots, except in doors. Then it's barefoot or socks.
      Lydia mostly wears her moccasins at all times... Unless in wolf form/werewolf. :lol:
      So I try stick to what the character would do :thumbup

9. My doll has more of foot wraps instead of shoes. He has them on most of the time because it completes his outfit and I'm a sucker for a complete look

10. no, because I never take pictures of their feet hahahahahha

11. Yes, because my room is a bit chilly and she looks like her toes are freezing off without them! She only has one pair, though, so I need to get her some more... I'd also like a little freedom to make things that don't have to pair with her boots. Even I don't wear boots like that *all* the time!

12. All except one of my dolls are barefoot! It's mostly because I can never find the right shoes for them and partly because I don't really find them necessary unless I want to complete an outfit. :)

13. One of my dolls is barefoot because it fits his character to not wear shoes. Only one other doesn't have shoes, but that's only because I haven't saved up enough to buy the shoes I want yet.

14. All of my dolls wear shoes, I feel like it completes the whole look with them on.

15. My doll didn't have shoes for years after I'd bought him and I always felt kind of bad for the lad considering! It's good to hear that so many people keep their dolls shoeless. My doll is currently wearing his only pair buuut I might just slip them off at this point!

16. So far she doesn't have any shoes but I have knit her a couple of pairs of slippers and heavy socks because her little feet look cold, especially as we just had a major winter snow storm! I will definitely be buying her lots of shoes when I can, the tiny shoes are just too adorable to resist!

17. My doll shells a character who's quite a fashionista. Shoes are essential. She insists she's not fully dressed without them, even if no one can see her feet.

I indulge her because I'm interested in fashion myself. I don't mind splurging once in a while on those incredibly detailed shoes from Iplehouse.

Antheryn can have two or three pairs. But NO, she cannot have twenty!

18. My Dearmine Dune is the only one who doesn't wear shoes. His claws are too nice not to show off :)

19. I think shoes are important! specially on SD and MSD size dolls, they really make a difference on the outfit.
      All my dolls (SD size) wear shoes expect my withdoll tiny,
      who is a green dark fairy (only 16cm tall) and I just can't find any shoes that would fit her character..
      suggestions?

20. My dolls always wear shoes, one of them can't stand by her bare foot as she has high heel foot. The others...I dun know why I insist to put shoes on them, I even put slipper on them when they are wearing PJ.