1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your doll wear shoes?

Jul 10, 2014

1. i have a temdency of not caring too much for buying shoes so only one of my doll constantly wears shoes :doh

2. All of my dolls have socks and most have two pairs of shoes. Only one of them wear shoes because I adore the little msd platform boots he has.. everyone else is bare foot because I love the detail of the sculpting of the SD feet. Lol!

3. shoes aren't a priority for my dolls. i need to figure out the doll's overall clothes style before getting shoes, like styling the the shoes come last! my anthro doll doesn't wear shoes either, because paws lol

4. Shoes can be kind of expensive for me so I don't buy a lot of shoes for my dolls .My 1/3 girl has one pair of boots that she wears sometimes. I'm thinking of buying a pair of floral sneakers later. My tiny never wears shoes at all. I don't plan to buy her shoes anytime soon.

5. Yes haha, but they don't have as much as their wigs and outfits though

6. Eeeehhh.
      I have a tough time with shoes. My big girl has flat feet and it's tough to find any shoes I'd like for her. Plus I also hate to spend more than 20$ because I don't even spend that much money on my own shoes!

7. My current doll has got one pair of shoes right now, and while doll shoes are pretty cute, I think I generally prefer him barefoot. I'm undecided if future dolls will have shoes-- a lot of the ones I find always seem to be a little too big to be realistic.

8. I was really worried about the shoe thing before my first doll arrived. Before BJDs, I had been collecting Pullips and some other fashion dolls in that size range, all of which fit pretty comfortably into Barbie shoes. For those dolls, I have something like 50+ pairs of shoes just because they're cheap, easy to get a hold of, and if they don't fit one doll, they'd fit another in my collection.

I wasn't sure how the heck BJD shoes worked at first. When you're used to just typing in Barbie/Blythe shoes and then suddenly you have to pay attention to measurements, it really throws you off! :lol: It also seemed like the style selection was really lacking compared to fashion dolls. I eventually found some information (here, actually!) about shoes that fit my doll. I learned that Tonner's American Model shoes fit my doll, which opened up a lot of options for me. Once my doll arrived, I was able to take the feet measurements myself and that helped with looking for shoes on Taobao, which had a way bigger selection than I expected! I think I have six pairs of shoes for my Raspberry right now, and I plan on buying some more of the Tonner shoes since they're so darn cute.

9. Yes, absolutely! They never go barefoot. High heels and boots are my favorite in real life, so I make sure all of my dolls have their own shoes. :D I'm into fashion and shoes can really help complete an outfit. My dolls definitely reflect my sense of style. :3nodding:

Edit: I completely forgot that one of my boys is a swimmer, so he will go barefoot when he's wearing his jammers and goggles.

#489 Maechen, Dec 27, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    10. I only have one doll that (currently) wears shoes, but I think a lot of it for me depends on the character of my doll. I really couldn't imagine my one boy in shoes at all, but I couldn't imagine my other boy without them! ...Or maybe I just don't want to buy more than one pair of shoes, lol. :lol:

11. Hah, I wish! I really struggle with finding shoes that fit my dolls in terms of style and size, so most of them are always barefoot. And shoes can be so expensive as well! I don't know, I might just have to try making my own shoes for them someday...

12. They usually stay at home, so they usually wear socks.

13. Some of mine do, but some don’t have any.

14. It bugs me when they don't have shoes but shoes tend to bug me when they're wearing them.

15. D: mine only wear them sometimes. They seem to all be very big on his poor little feet....and too much of a hassle to deal with.

16. I'm totally addicted to doll shoes (and shoes in general haha), it's a priority for me to buy them at least one pair ! SD+ ones can be really realistic, but also expensive, that's the problem...

17. I would really love to find shoes that fit my realfee. Right now she's got on some ugg-a-likes that I made, but she really needs proper shoes

18. My boys always wear socks and boots. After order new boy. First thing is buy him wig and boots

19. I really love to buy doll shoes especially i buy 2 of same shoes cuz of my twin dolls but I used to take a picture of upper part of doll body not whole body shot, so most of my doll pic doesnt show shoes LOL

20. Mostly barefoot. It's hard to find ones that are quite right, despite the fact that they are all supposedly common sizes. Shoes are just annoying in general.